• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Nintendo Direct Footage 11.5.2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keyboard icon?

pYUu8Yz.jpg

GET IN

Online confirmed ? Why else do you need a keyboard ??

onilink88

Well the first town looks disappointing to me. Seems more like a scifi setting than a high fantasy/steampunk one of Colony 9.

I don't know if you've been paying attention, but this is a sci-fi-themed game, with hints of fantasy - a return to form for Takahashi.

Not sure I like the New LA angle. So we're going to see present day architecture instead of architecture belonging to sentient alien species? No Frontier Village or Alcamoth?
Yeah I was disappointed when they showed every area in the game.
Think they even spoiled the ending.

Soriku

Not sure I like the New LA angle. So we're going to see present day architecture instead of architecture belonging to sentient alien species? No Frontier Village or Alcamoth?

It's just one town. The towns in Xenoblade were varied.

Zero²

That building looked really detailed xP
Anyway I'm so happy we are getting such a high profile RPG, specially one from Takahashi xD

NotLiquid

The game is straight up beautiful.

I haven't seen a game in a long time with visuals of a world I want to explore so badly, and the game actually letting me do it. In awesome designed mechs no less. I haven't finished Xenoblade yet but goddamn.

squall211

This is the one game that makes me jealous that I don't have a Wii U.

I can't justify buying one...but I really hope this ends up selling well.

random25

via Soraya

DYG45Z0.png

Nice that Xenoblade X is getting some attention in Japan (assuming that's trending in Japan list). If Xenoblade X (and also FFXV) succeeds, maybe we'll get more ambitious RPGs in the market in the near future, especially if the Japanese audience starts to get into it.

Dice//

Banned
Last year's E3 trailer showed that off.
if27oWBTNUH4x.gif

The only thing that bugs me about Xenoblade X stuff this ...eugh, this year (I hate following a game so early on), is that we've basically ONLY seen that one beach/plains area and none of the stuff from the initial trailer. I hope that changes soon; certianly the most amazing thing about Xenoblade 1 is that it DID keep changing

The only thing that bugs me about Xenoblade X stuff this ...eugh, this year (I hate following a game so early on), is that we've basically ONLY seen this beach/plains area and non of the stuff from the initial trailer. I hope that changes soon; certianly the most amazing thing about Xenoblade 1 is that it DID keep changing
yea, that was probably what kept me playing after the quests and combat had just bored me, each new area was fascinating

Nice that Xenoblade X is getting some attention in Japan (assuming that's trending in Japan list). If Xenoblade X (and also FFXV) succeeds, maybe we'll get more ambitious RPGs in the market in the near future, especially if the Japanese audience starts to get into it.

Xenoblade is 6th on the JP list

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Man I really want to play Xenoblade Chronicles now in preparation for this, but physical copies of the Wii version are super overpriced and I already have a 3DS so I'm hesitant to buy the new one just for this...

The only thing that bugs me about Xenoblade X stuff this ...eugh, this year (I hate following a game so early on), is that we've basically ONLY seen that one beach/plains area and none of the stuff from the initial trailer. I hope that changes soon; certianly the most amazing thing about Xenoblade 1 is that it DID keep changing
I'm guessing now that it has a concrete release period (in Japan at least) they want to stay away from scenes later in the game.

Ooccoo

I dunno. Of course it looks gorgeous but playing as a nobody in New Los Angeles (wtf) kinda ruins the story for me. The characters are generic, dunno if I'll be able to "connect" with them like in the first game. Can't really know before we have the game.

I get serious PSO vibes from the game world and monster design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom