• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Nintendo Direct Footage 11.5.2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Odio

Banned
I can't get over how awesome the environments look in this. IATA mentioned that Neo LA would be a home base of sorts so can we assume that it has a colony 6 style sidewuest where we can upgrade it or would that be done via story progression?

llehuty

Online confirmed ? Why else do you need a keyboard ??

Bigger screenshot:

TXBqebE.jpg

What if the keyboard means you can write messages to characters in game like in animal crossing and the other thing is to give voice orders to your IA team members/mechas?
/s

It is so going to be online

Ataru

Unconfirmed Member
This is a misconception. Having gone through all of the available footage thoroughly, the time of day and weather affect how things look; the color palette hasn't changed.

Which is a shame, this colors look dull to me compared to the original game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
They opened an official twitter account.

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP

a banned site translated it.

[Announcement] We opened a “Xenoblade X” Twitter account. In this account we will continue to distribute information on “Xenoblade X” in development for Wii U.

B1tku-DCYAACoN7.jpg:large

nordique

Looks stunning

and I don't even like RPGs but really enjoyed what I've played of Xenoblade on Wii

(I will def be picking this up)

RPGCrazied

Targeting 2015? Ugh. So if this and Zelda gets delayed what am I going to look forward to on my Wii U? I guess a year of Smash Bros.?

onilink88

Which is a shame, this colors look dull to me compared to the original game.

You have to remember this no longer takes place in Xenoblade's vibrant high-fantasy world; X is distinctly grounded sci-fi, and the color palette accommodates that theme and setting very well. And that's not to say that's not colorful (take a look at the scenery during the night, or when it's bright and clear outside)- it is. It's just not as vibrant as Xenoblade.

xx14_by_onilink888-d85ekw2.gif

Anyways, last gif and my last post for today.

RPGCrazied

The engine this game is using is awesome, I haven't seen framerate issues or massive pop in. Kudos to Monolith. And dat draw distance!

It's going to take everything in me not to spoil the soundtrack before the game comes out in North America.

Still hoping Treehouse will localize it themselves so that maybe I'll get a big JRPG with no swearing/cussing. That would make me so happy!

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I kind of would like it to get delayed till 2016.

This is such an ambitious project in scale and being the team's first HD, there are a lot of elements that look like it can still use a lot of polish - not to mention they need to finish the core content. The extra playtest time could do this game wonders, I'd imagine.

Ataru

Unconfirmed Member
You have to remember this no longer takes place in Xenoblade's vibrant high-fantasy world; X is distinctly grounded sci-fi, and the color palette accommodates that theme and setting very well. And that's not to say that's not colorful (take a look at the scenery during the night, or when it's bright and clear outside)- it is. It's just not as vibrant as Xenoblade.

xx14_by_onilink888-d85ekw2.gif

Anyways, last gif and my last post for today.

Needs more flowers.

Seriously, my backyard is more colorful than this gif.

I'm sure it will be a great game, but can't help but feel disappointed that it isn't as "vibrant as Xenoblade". Of course, we haven't seen everything yet, so maybe later areas will be.

Not sure I like the New LA angle. So we're going to see present day architecture instead of architecture belonging to sentient alien species? No Frontier Village or Alcamoth?

People forget or don't realize that the dome is a space colony from Earth.
That particular dome is New Los Angeles, so its man (earthling) made. It's supposed to be familiar (reality based) architecture.

The alien stuff is the entire planet the Earth colony crashed on.

I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I kind of would like it to get delayed till 2016.

This is such an ambitious project in scale and being the team's first HD, there are a lot of elements that look like it can still use a lot of polish - not to mention they need to finish the core content. The extra playtest time could do this game wonders, I'd imagine.

I think Japan is a shoe-in for a 2015 release since Quarter 2 is it's current schedule in that region. It's North America that's questionable right now.

Very likely, we'll be seeing this game in English for the first time next year. At E3 perhaps.

RPGCrazied

You can try other announced games, you know. :p

Well Japan is getting this on Spring, so might as well head there. :p

Sadly, Zelda, Metroid is the franchises I like the most from Nintendo. I am getting Smash U no question, maybe I should grab Mario Kart 8 sometime, but that isn't the game I normally play.

Iwata said NATIVE CREATURES but lewd gaf heard naked smh

target 2015 is right it might slip into 2016 if you guys don't stop pointing out collisions and swimming pools

onilink88

Okay, one last, quick one...

Needs more flowers.

Seriously, my backyard is more colorful than this gif.

Like I said, Xenoblade's vibrancy has no place in this game. There's an overabundance of JRPGs that incorporate Xenoblade's vibrant palette, and only so many of this variety of sci-fi that you wouldn't need more than a hand to count them. The game looks gorgeous for what it's intended to be and shouldn't be slathered with more color just because.

Of course, we haven't seen everything yet, so maybe later areas will be.

Expect different colors, not more vibrant ones.

random25

Sadly, Zelda, Metroid is the franchises I like the most from Nintendo. I am getting Smash U no question, maybe I should grab Mario Kart 8 sometime, but that isn't the game I normally play.

YOU NEED BAYONETTA IN YOUR LIFE!

Just kidding. Painful wait for us all but at least with it coming early in Japan, it makes me hope that it is coming this year in NA. Gotta give the Treehouse guys (or whoever is translating this) our energy! *raises hands in the air*

wmlk

Anyone expecting stuff like Colony 9 or Frontier Village need to temper their expectations. You could tell that from the very beginning.

Think more Xenogears/Gundam than Xenoblade.

The game looked interesting until they showed the New LA part. It just seems so out of place.

It seems perfectly in place. This is nothing new for them. The GTAV comparisons are dumb when stuff like this has been done waaaaay before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom