• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
People going back and adding their region to the spreadsheet, you da real MVPs.

Happy to accept any region but considering the 100 friend limit would like to get a decent percentage of the same region as me just for timezone considerations.

El Odio

Banned
Added my NNID to the spreadsheet, BasedSloth. I'll go through and add people once my copy gets here. Till then I'm gonna have to drop out of this thread to avoid getting spoiled. Till then!

Very nice OT!

Currently 10 hours in and having a blast. Will post some impressions later plus some questions.

A lot I don't understand yet!

chadboban

whats the most epic gif for this game so i can show my buddies? xD

Made these within the past week.

ObviousTautAsiaticlesserfreshwaterclam.gif

WelltodoSomeDavidstiger.gif

WeeklyPleasedAfricanrockpython.gif

Can somebody explain to me the weird links in Xenoblade OT titles? What is the joke and where did it come from? I remember Xenoblade 3D got changed to something like this as well.

Noice Noice Noice. Glad we have an OP for this.

I'm super hyped....but I ordered the special edition from Gamestop. Has anyone else done so as well, and still waiting on shipping? Will Gamestop ship on launch day meaning I wont get it probably til next week? ;-;

deoee

Awesome OT! Great great work!
All of my friends are getting this over christmas, sadly I do not have the money to buy it (New 3ds and Kindle got stolen last week >_>)
Well I'll just sit there and listen to all the awesome stories they share, watching my Wii U collect some more dust

TheMoon

Can somebody explain to me the weird links in Xenoblade OT titles? What is the joke and where did it come from? I remember Xenoblade 3D got changed to something like this as well.

You're thinking of the import OT. :) Xeno 3D was link-free.

The music video linked in the import OT was me being silly and making fun of people bitching about the ugly faces. At the same time, it's a jab at the split opinions regarding the music in this game with it being a trashy old Eurodance song. :)

The music video in this title is based on everybody constantly referencing the DMX song X Gon' Give it to Ya which someone used to cut an XCX trailer later (the one linked here). Also, in this case, the video completes the question and answer of the subtitle ("want a baked potatsu? x gon' give it to ya"). The Potatsu stuff comes from the game. Lin wants to eat Tatsu all the time because he looks like a friggin' potato.

Bad joke title just got worse because I explained it. You're welcome everybody. :)

Sölf

Come tomorrow, 2/3 of my friendlist will be GAF user. Oh boy, oh boy!

I just hope that DHL dude won't come when I am not home, in the bathroom or something else. Else I might die.

TheMoon

Sölf;187761120 said:
Come tomorrow, 2/3 of my friendlist will be GAF user. Oh boy, oh boy!

I just hope that DHL dude won't come when I am not home, in the bathroom or something else. Else I might die.

Don't eat anything so you don't have to go to the bathroom for more than a few seconds.

daydream

Banned
lovely thread, as always, moon

haven't played the first xenoblade but i'm still thinking about picking this up, hm

will gaf be playing online a lot?

Ravijn

While I was sitting here waiting for the game to get here I decided to order the hard cover strategy guide. I figure I may need it for this game.

What an embarrassingly bad title when the most perfect GAF OT title was within your grasp. Just some real shameful stuff.

I'm going to listen to DMX on repeat for the new few days out of protest

You're thinking of the import OT. :) Xeno 3D was link-free.

The music video linked in the import OT was me being silly and making fun of people bitching about the ugly faces. At the same time, it's a jab at the split opinions regarding the music in this game with it being a trashy old Eurodance song. :)

The music video in this title is based on everybody constantly referencing the DMX song X Gon' Give it to Ya which someone used to cut an XCX trailer later (the one linked here). Also, in this case, the video completes the question and answer of the subtitle ("want a baked potatsu? x gon' give it to ya"). The Potatsu stuff comes from the game. Lin wants to eat Tatsu all the time because he looks like a friggin' potato.

Bad joke title just got worse because I explained it. You're welcome everybody. :)

All has become clear.

And I feel worse for it.

Thank you? ;(

deoee

Sölf;187761594 said:
Yeah, well, I have to take a shower at some point! D:
And no one is here except for me. ;__;

Leave a note in the door that if you do not open the door he should drop it in your garden / hide it under your car / etc.

Obviously he has to take the note with him afterwards.

TheMoon

lovely thread, as always, moon

haven't played the first xenoblade but i'm still thinking about picking this up, hm

will gaf be playing online a lot?

thanks! :)

but hoooow did you manage to avoid playing Xenoblade! :O

Sölf;187761594 said:
Yeah, well, I have to take a shower at some point! D:
And no one is here except for me. ;__;

What? Why? Need I remind you what you're getting in the mail? You have no use for showers.

Game unlocks the second I'm off work today. Add me if you want some passive multiplayer and will be at it all weekend etc.

Nnid flatearthpandas

tauroxd

Is there a countdown for when the game is going to be unlocked for those who preloded it in US? I mean, how many hours until that... Thanks in advance.

Sölf

Leave a note in the door that if you do not open the door he should drop it in your garden / hide it under your car / etc.

Obviously he has to take the note with him afterwards.

While I appreciate the advice, that's not so easy in a skyscraper. Without a garden. And too many other people.

@TheMoon:
Well, I know. But then a second problem arises: I have to leave the house at around 4 PM anyways. So I basically have to shower before he arrives or loose precious time playing the game!

TheMoon

Is there a countdown for when the game is going to be unlocked for those who preloded it in US? I mean, how many hours until that... Thanks in advance.

Midnight. (YMMV based on timezone, you weird Americans ^^)

Sölf;187762032 said:
While I appreciate the advice, that's not so easy in a skyscraper. Without a garden. And too many other people.

@TheMoon:
Well, I know. But then a second problem arises: I have to leave the house at around 4 PM anyways. So I basically have to shower before he arrives or loose precious time playing the game!

New plan: Get up unreasonably early, before the delivery people could possibly arrive, shower and get ready.

jmizzal

So hyped for tomorrow

Whats this?
"Add-on DLC: Japanese DLC is already included for free on-disc with the Western release!"

Venfayth

Never got in to the first game but picking this one up tomorrow. Excited to hopefully have a good long RPG to dive in to.

deoee

Sölf;187762032 said:

@TheMoon:

Why not leave it at your neighbours? D:

In Germany people who take your package have to sign a thingy from the DHL guy so no one can steal your stuff.

BTW: Anybody happen to have a spare copy to gift to me? :v

Renewed

So hyped for tomorrow

Whats this?
"Add-on DLC: Japanese DLC is already included for free on-disc with the Western release!"

The Japanese DLC was 4 characters that had affinity missions and rewards (new Skells, weapon, etc.) and fashion armour (which lets you have one set of armour for appearance applied on top of a set of armour for stats). And other things I can't remember now. I remember a really good mission for grinding.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Added myself to the NNID sheet.

I am scraping the edge of my Wii U HDD space with 3/4 data packs. Do you think I will miss having the Skell data pack? I don't want to delete any of my Mario Kart or Smash stuff.

Sölf

Why not leave it at your neighbours? D:

In Germany people who take your package have to sign a thingy from the DHL guy so no one can steal your stuff.

BTW: Anybody happen to have a spare copy to gift to me? :v

Because this house is somewhat strange. First, ringing the bell at two places right after anothers locks out the first apartment that was ringed from opening the door. Don't ask me why. No one understands. And DHL people sometimes ring at two places at once, so if the second place is not there they just assume no one is there (first can't open the door, second not available), throw a letter in your mail "Please get it tomorrow at XYZ" and go away.

But yeah, I will probably just get up early. And then wait. And we all know what happens when you get up early:
The mail doesn't arrive until like 3 PM.

deoee

Sölf;187762992 said:
Because this house is somewhat strange. First, ringing the bell at two places right after anothers locks out the first apartment that was ringed from opening the door. Don't ask me why. No one understands. And DHL people sometimes ring at two places at once, so if the second place is not there they just assume no one is there (first can't open the door, second not available), throw a letter in your mail "Please get it tomorrow at XYZ" and go away.

But yeah, I will probably just get up early. And then wait. And we all know what happens when you get up early:
The mail doesn't arrive until like 3 PM.

Yeah it's always the same.
I remember waiting for packets as I was younger, jumping up at EVERY heavy car sound I heard only to be disappointed.

TheMoon

Added myself to the NNID sheet.

I am scraping the edge of my Wii U HDD space with 3/4 data packs. Do you think I will miss having the Skell data pack? I don't want to delete any of my Mario Kart or Smash stuff.

All it does is make the shop/customization UI smoother since it doesn't have to pull all the assets you're cycling through off the disc.

jmizzal

The Japanese DLC was 4 characters that had affinity missions and rewards (new Skells, weapon, etc.) and fashion armour (which lets you have one set of armour for appearance applied on top of a set of armour for stats). And other things I can't remember now. I remember a really good mission for grinding.

4 party members that were only avaible after purchase in Japan.

Thanks its been so long I forgot what DLC Japan got, glad we get it at launch for free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom