• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Randomly want to post this again because awesome:
q1lupkxf73nlotgpv8km.gif

Looks like he failed to make it to the ledge, so not so awesome lol.

105.Will

So everyone's posting pictures of how great the landscapes are... But the REAL question is how does the title screen compare to Xenoblade Chronicles?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Randomly want to post this again because awesome:
q1lupkxf73nlotgpv8km.gif

The data packs have nothing to do with the full game download, you need (or should do so either way) delete them.
Protip - don't even try to make this jump without the flying pack. I remember trying for 30 minutes, but it's impossible before you can fly, ha ha.

So the Japanese site the special section had a couple of short stories that don't seem to have been officially translated.

In one of the Xenoblade X threads of recent someone linked to a translation of these (translated by Gessenkou):
Short Story: 24 Hour Happy people
Short Story: Forging BLADE
I've only read the first one but it set before the game starts dealing with life on the White Whale. I don't know if the game explores the stuff in it or not. Do note Japanese terms are used for things so expect Doll (including a good explanation for why they called dolls...you can twist it a bit into skell), Moby Dick etc...
The second one seems to be after landing on Mira but before "Cross" (the canon name of the player created character) is found in their statis pod.

So time for an annoying question. I know joining divisions gives more points for doing things. There are several types of points you can earn in the game. Of the following which apply when we talking about division x gets more for doing y: BLADE points (for getting better field skills), EXP (level ups), squad points (used to determine winning divisions of the day).

Is it just me or there no surround 5.1 in this game? I'm only in the first area but I can't hear any sounds from the back speakers. All my other games seem to sound fine?

itschris

I just got my copy from Amazon.ca! And it was only $15.58 thanks to Amazon's price error!

H9myZZL.png

Here's what it looks like if anyone's curious:

NNID: chris12221

I just added myself to the spreadsheet, I'll start adding people now.

Landmarks don't give nearly as much experience as they did in the previous game, right?

no Tephra Cave glitch fun this time :(

Squishy3

I just got my copy from Amazon.ca! And it was only $15.58 thanks to Amazon's price error!

H9myZZL.png

Here's what it looks like if anyone's curious:

NNID: chris12221

I just added myself to the spreadsheet, I'll start adding people now.

Looks like the normal version doesn't have the reversible cover then and it's exclusive to the SE.

AdanVC

What an amazing OT! It feels nice that Wii U finally gets it's own big ass AAA open world videogame. It definitely took a while but it's finally here! Too bad I'm going through several family and money issues at the moment and I'm not gonna be able to get the game till who knows when... but I'm looking forward to read your impressions!

Stargypsy

Nice OT:)

NNID = SolarSentinel.

Data packs are installed, bought the guide Monday when prima was having a half off sale, and I picked up Life is Strange and Borderlands for the wife today so I can play uninterrupted. I'm really looking forward to digging into the game tomorrow morning.

colinp

Banned
Can you really not edit the spreadsheet on mobile unless you have the Google sheets app?

And the app is over 100mb and so can only be downloaded on wifi...?

neoemonk

I loved Xenoblade and have been looking forward to this forever. My collector's edition has shipped as well. Picked it up for $70ish at Best Buy through GCU. I've got a lot of work to do this month but I'll be putting some time in here too.

mugwhump

Aww yass, I'm ready. Stupid Amazon's shipping to Vancouver from Ontario though. Oh well, at least they're giving it to me for $20 lol.

Great OP, nice banners too.

Blues1990

While I'm just going to enjoy the game at my own pace, feel free to send me a PM if you guys want to do any co-op missions with me.

Which reminds me, I need to start a "Xenoblade Chronicles X - Show Your Custom Character" thread. I can't do it tonight, what with me attending a Christmas Party in a couple of hours & yoga class in 30 minutes.

ViciousDS

Banned
Added my NNID to the Google doc....I work 10 hours tomorrow, have bowling league and then work Saturday morning. So I probably won't even be able to touch the game till Saturday evening....m.gggrrrr

wrowa

Oh, yeah, I reached the point where online features finally become available. It's wrowa1 if anyone wants to add me (region is Europe, if that's important).

Random squads are kinda annoying in Europe due the different languages, I gotta say. I'm seeing messages in languages I don't speak, yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom