• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

artsi

I don't think anyone think it's weird to be disappointed by the lack of Japanese audio.

Just that it's a weird dealbreaker for someone seemingly ready to pay £250 to play the game.

Well I was initially disappointed but I'll think about it, I might still get the game. I was going to sell the console after getting enough of the game so it's not that big of a deal.

Importing a Japanese Wii U would be too much of a hassle because I can't resell it locally, and is expensive with customs charges + taxes.

I'm finally ready! XD

wrGpo2E.jpg

NNID: DonkeySh0w

Raide

Names in parentheses are the JP titles

•Pathfinder: Data probe installation. Expanding Frontier Network.

• Interceptor: Offensive union hunting dangerous life forms. Protects research teams and rescues civilians.

• Harriers (Avalanche): Defensive union, keeping New Los Angeles safe from especially dangerous monsters.

• Reclaimers (Testament): Recovery and salvage of wreckage from the White Whale and objects lost on the battlefield.

• Curators (Colepedian): Planet exploration and collecting materials.

• Prospectors (Land Bank): Harvesting resources and collecting minerals.

• Outfitters (Arms) - Assisting with R&D of Skells and Skell-related weaponry.

• Mediators (Companion) - Aiding civilians in generals matters such as mediating quarrels or rescuing stray cats.

Additional based upon the videos, just in case you want to know what Division to Join.

• Pathfinder: Increased HP regen over time.
• Interceptor: Increases Damage Done By Ranged Weaponry.
• Harriers (Avalanche): Increases Damage Done By Melee Weaponry.
• Reclaimers (Testament): Higher Chance of Items From Enemies.
• Curators (Colepedian): Increase Chance of Critical Hits.
• Prospectors (Land Bank): Decreased Damage Taken In Battle.
• Outfitters (Arms): Increases Commercial Points You Obtain.
• Mediators (Companion): Earn TP Using Auto Attacks and Arts.

TI82

Banned
Goddamn, best buy emailed saying that it was ready for pickup. Turns out they autopopulate when the shipments come in and I'll have to get it tomorrow. Grumble grumble.

Sadness: I was the only preorder for the whole store, when I preorder games at this BestBuy there's usually quite a few in there so... Yikes.

What does " Recovery and salvage of wreckage from the White Whale and objects lost on the battlefield." mean exactly? Is it just the treasure chest like things you can find out in the field? Or does that include the blue orb things, too?

Reclaimers sound like a nice one (bc of the bonus to enemy drops), but seems harder to level (or more time consuming).

Oh question. i know most of us aren't there yet, but maybe someone who played the JP version... Is there a recommended skell type? I think the medium ones look the best, but dunno if they are worth using.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Additional based upon the videos, just in case you want to know what Division to Join.

• Pathfinder: Increased HP regen over time.
• Interceptor: Increases Damage Done By Ranged Weaponry.
• Harriers (Avalanche): Increases Damage Done By Melee Weaponry.
• Reclaimers (Testament): Higher Chance of Items From Enemies.
• Curators (Colepedian): Increase Chance of Critical Hits.
• Prospectors (Land Bank): Decreased Damage Taken In Battle.
• Outfitters (Arms): Increases Commercial Points You Obtain.
• Mediators (Companion): Earn TP Using Auto Attacks and Arts.
Sounds like reclaimers and meditators are the best overall?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Question about the data packs.

Why does it say I don't have room to download them?

For instance, the Enemy one is supposed to be 2.9 gigs, and I have 4 gigs free, but its telling me I need 7 gigs?

Neospartan

Neo Member
Nice, nice. Can't wait to pick this up tomorrow. By the way, how err complete is the character creation? I fear I may spend too much time on it haha.

NNID is Novum_Tenebrae I believe.

bobohoro

Collector's Edition arrives on wednesday.
But I swore to not start the game before I finish up Trails in the Sky SC.
Which will take a while.
And so I'll get back here later.
And stay for the rest of my life.

NNID: bobohoro

TheMoon

Question about the data packs.

Why does it say I don't have room to download them?

For instance, the Enemy one is supposed to be 2.9 gigs, and I have 4 gigs free, but its telling me I need 7 gigs?

like with all eShop downloads, the download files have higher space requirements than the install size ends up being because they're zip files that need to unpack after downloading.

Sounds like reclaimers and meditators are the best overall?

You can switch around between Divisions at any time, by the way.

artsi

Is dual audio that serious lol?

It's just a preference. Some English speaking people would get mad if the game was in Japanese only, some don't want to read subtitles. I understand that too.

But I have no chance of playing it (or any other games) in my native language. To me both English and Japanese are foreign languages, and if I have to pick one I'd like the original one, as I understand both of them.

I had a bad reaction reading that when I've always thought there was dual audio (it's my bad), but after letting it sink in I might still get the game.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
like with all eShop downloads, the download files have higher space requirements than the install size ends up being because they're zip files that need to unpack after downloading.

You can switch around between Divisions at any time, by the way.

Ah thanks, guess I need to do some juggling

Timeaisis

I'm picking this up tomorrow but I doubt I'll get around to it till I'm done with Fallout. Hope the community stays around till then.

Shaldome

Bought in the Eshop and downloading. Although I think I will head to bed, get up early and start then as the download will take a while. NNID is Shaldome if someone is interested.
Good thin I have this and next week off, so I will have enough time to play.

styl3s

I downloaded the 10gb worth of packs a few days ago but decided i wanted to just go digital and play some tonight and i am wondering if anyone knows if i need to delete the packs before i buy and download it or if i buy the digital it will just fill in the data and download the rest of the game?

desu

Quest : "kill enemy which only spawn when it rain"
Me : "how do I know when it will rain ? XD"

I don't know if it really influences the rain chance. But I just changed the time a few times at the outpost near that quest enemy until it rained (for me it almost always rains at night for some reason).

TheMoon

Randomly want to post this again because awesome:
q1lupkxf73nlotgpv8km.gif

I downloaded the 10gb worth of packs a few days ago but decided i wanted to just go digital and play some tonight and i am wondering if anyone knows if i need to delete the packs before i buy and download it or if i buy the digital it will just fill in the data and download the rest of the game?

The data packs have nothing to do with the full game download, you need (or should do so either way) delete them.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Added my NNID to the spreadsheet, feel free to add me. Just try to mention that you're from GAF if you can so I don't ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom