• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
My special edition probably won't get here until next week, but I've played the game plenty already >_>. NNID should be cawrus.

Also linking my sheet again because it's color-coded and I'm proud of that.
Still missing some online stuff and equipment, and everything in English :(

oh ya i should bookmark your doc... forgot to do it a while ago

JC Lately

Play game, press HOME, go to browser, go to upload site (imgur.com, abload.de, etc), post pic, copy link, post on GAF or whatever.

Oh, right. Duh. Was doing the same thing for Smash screenshots until Photobucket suddenly decided it didn’t like the Wii U browser anymore.

Chaos17

Wait, WTF?

I thought this was going to have dual audio?
I was ready to buy Wii U and this game tomorrow, glad I did not.

It's okay, it's not Atlus dubbing level or anime level dub.
I'm usually on fence like you because the english dub are usually awfully in j-rpg (I play all my Ateliers in Japenese audio).

But seriously, for the 3 hours I played, I'm pleased with the characters.
I've yet to meet more companions but Elma and Lin voice actresses in english are good, they did a nice job. I didn't liked Elma in the videos because she lacked a little accent that the japenese voice actress had but in the end I'm happy with her (she grew on me quickly).

Lyn voice actress is the only person (that I know) who tried her best to actually take a YOUNG voice in english.

Doug was a bit of let down for the short time I met him but it's all because of that damn Takamura (Hajime n Ippo) voice actor fault, his voice just too charismatic to forget, lol. I might change my mind after playing with Doug voice actor more in the futur.

But really, Nintendo and those voice actors made more effort than Atlus or anime dub so it's totally fine and even good.
And no that's not blind love because I also didn't bought Persona 4 Golden because Nanako voice actress was a let down for me (some other characters too), my sweet cute Nanako in Japanese was not represented in english while Lin is.

Vecks

So joining other players part

Kinda like Monster Hunter? In the sense that I can play with gaf online, as a party member instead of an AI at any time?

I have not seen any gameplay of this, only the 32 players online helping each other but not actually playing along side each other

Anyways, my NNID: jorgejjvr

Feel free to add, just write Xeno :p

Sort of. You join a squad of 32 and get a set of quests to complete. For these quests you'll be on your own, but your contributions will be done as a team. Whenever you complete a quest, you'll get missions that you can do real-time in a group of 4 members of your squad by sending them invites, although you can also choose to use npcs if you can't find a full group.

CoolS

Just played for a few hours, till you become a member of BLADE. The scale and basically everything in this is MASSIVE. It could easily overwhelm someone. Same with the battle system. Although thats already starging to click with me. I will have to dig into the manual though.

The OST is fantastic as well. Fighting the first boss, being pumped up and then that song plays, your party shouts and you try not to mess up. So good.
Actually that fight was the first time where Ifelt I actually kind of know what I'm doing.

One thing I already know for sure: I will spend WAY to much time with this. So far its everything I hoped for.

artsi

English voices are way better than the Japanese voices this time, except maybe for Elma, who isn't bad though. It a strange complain to have. Especially the one about not buying a Wii U anymore because of that. Why not buying a Japanese one in the first place?

And you know that you get audio requests from your party during the fight, do you?

Usually I import all my Japanese games, but buying a dying console and paying customs charges + taxes for one game that I can't resell over here easily is out of the question.

I'm not raging over the issue or anything, but glad I noticed before tomorrow because I thought there was dual audio for some reason.

It's okay, it's not Atlus dubbing level or anime level dub.
I'm usually on fence like you because the english dub are usually awfully in j-rpg (I play all my Ateliers in Japenese audio).

But seriously, for the 3 hours I played, I'm pleased with the characters.
I've yet to meet more companions but Elma and Lin voice actresses in english are good, they did a nice job. I didn't liked Elma in the videos because she lacked a little accent that the japenese voice actress had but in the end I'm happy with her (she grew on me quickly).

Lyn voice actress is the only person (that I know) who tried her best to actually take a YOUNG voice in english.

Doug was a bit of let down for the short time I met him but it's all because of that damn Takamura (Hajime n Ippo) voice actor fault, his voice just too charismatic to forget, lol. I might change my mind after playing with Doug voice actor more in the futur.

But really, Nintendo and those voice actors made more effort than Atlus or anime dub so it's totally fine and even good.
And no that's not blind love because I also didn't bought Persona 4 Golden because Nanako voice actress was a let down for me (some other characters too), my sweet cute Nanako in Japanese was not represented in english while Lin is.

I'll see if I'll change my mind, I played Persona 3 and 4 in English and didn't mind it at all. But I've already watched so much Japanese gameplay of this already and have got used to their voices.

Sölf

Oh, yeah, my NNID: Marsoelf is also from EU. Might be a good idea to mention that. Forgot the region last time.

Headed for a brick and mortar video-game retailer first thing in the morning.

I've been playing a fair bit of Xenoblade Chronicles 1 (?) the last couple days, and it'll be cool seeing how it's evolved with the last game fresh in memory.

Hey! That OT is one of the best I've ever seen. Grape Job!

Also, I'm about 8 hours into my first playthrough of XC, and XCX is teeeemmmppptttting.

My special edition probably won't get here until next week, but I've played the game plenty already >_>. NNID should be cawrus.

Also linking my sheet again because it's color-coded and I'm proud of that.
Still missing some online stuff and equipment, and everything in English :(

That's awesome. Bookmarked.

Adaren

Save each time before starting an Affinity Quest. Some of them require rare drops, one that I took just now required having 20% of the whole planet explored - sometimes you just realize that you don't want have the time for the quest and just want to progress the story, but with Affinity Quests when you accept them, it's already too late.

Never played Xenoblade; why is this? Are the Affinity quests time sensitive or do they require that you complete them right immediately or something? Why is it "too late" when you accept them?

Fou-Lu

One thing I am still wondering is if combat on foot has much use anymore once you've gotten a skell and can afford its upkeep.

Also, did they keep the awesome Japanese class names?

Renewed

I've been on media blackout for this after the first few videos, so I apologize in advance if this has been discussed in a separate thread (it's not in the FAQ at least).

The original Xenoblade Chronicles featured a number of quests which were on a timer and had to be completed before advancing certain parts of the story. Does the new structure of this game mean there are no more 'missable' quests like this, or are they still something to look out for?

I've heard there are one or two. Not hard to miss because odds are you'll do them if you want good content.

Never played Xenoblade; why is this? Are the Affinity quests time sensitive or do they require that you complete them right immediately or something? Why is it "too late" when you accept them?

Because once you've accepted an Affinity mission you can't cancel it. Meaning you can't proceed story chapters, etc.

You can't accept a main story quest with a pending affinity quest iirc.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
NNID: Roboleon, picking up the game tomorrow

Danchi

Wait, WTF?

I thought this was going to have dual audio?
I was ready to buy Wii U and this game tomorrow, glad I did not.

I do speak both and I prefer the Japanese one. Please don't pull that weeaboo shit on me.

I'm not saying anyone else should be the same, please enjoy the English voices, but I am just disappointed because I had the impression that there was going to be dual audio. Missed the news, I guess.

I don't think anyone think it's weird to be disappointed by the lack of Japanese audio.

Just that it's a weird dealbreaker for someone seemingly ready to pay £250 to play the game.

I've had the limited edition preordered since August on Amazon, but it's not coming until Monday, I want to play it asap, and I'm not sure it's worth the $90 or whatever it was.

Almyn

Currently waiting patiently on Game.co.uk sending out a download code. I was hoping to be able to start the Download before I go to bed. I'm gonna be pretty pissed if It doesn't arrive soon :(

TheMoon

caught up with all NNIDs for now...

if someone could make a google doc that would be swell...

OT is almost at the char limit...

KarmaCow

Do you need to add people to get into a squad or does that just prioritize people in your friendlist and otherwise just take 31 other random people?

My NNID is KarmaCow either way.

Bububu they aren't speaking they original native Nippon! If I understand their voices I know they are bad instead of not understanding them and saying how much better than the English they are even when someone who speaks both languages would say they are the same level of quality! How can I feel superior!?!?

There's no need to be a jackass about it.

It's a legitimate gripe, especially as more games are offering multiple VA tracks now.

This doesn't bother me in this instance because I've known for a while, but I'd still prefer original VA whenever possible, regardless of language (like having Polish in Witcher 3, for instance).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom