• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade cover plate for New 3DS coming to Japan

Are the Xenoblade faceplate gonna go up on Euro Amazon or you think it's only from Nintendo store? Would really love to have it if one of you GAFfers can help me out :(

There's another thread for the EU announcement here. I believe Game put them up already, Amazon hasn't yet.

Koppai

I am keeping track. AUS is up on EU Games. UK is Game. Amazon has none so far. The best guess will be 2 weeks before.

And everytime I try to order from Game I get an error. Managed to get it ordered using Firefox of all things -_-; It's like $30 but oh well.

I just preordered the cover plate at EB Games (Aus). For those on the fence, I was told numbers are extremely limited and will only be available to preorders.

Zafir

Xenoblade plate wasn't put up on Game as far as I'm aware. It was only on the Nintendo Online Store as part of bundles. The cheapest of which is now sold out.
And everytime I try to order from Game I get an error.
Is there a link? I can't find the Xenoblade plates anywhere on Game.

Why don't gamers start a project like they did for xenoblade and last story? I mean it worked for them, why not just start another one for the new 3ds?

TheMoon

Why don't gamers start a project like they did for xenoblade and last story? I mean it worked for them, why not just start another one for the new 3ds?

That OpRainfall had anything to do with the release of those games is a myth. Or at least for Xenoblade. The other two had more of an effect on XSEED who picked them up, showing precisely that Nintendo didn't care about OR to begin with and that they would've brought over Xenoblade regardless while skipping the other two.

rjinaz

That OpRainfall had anything to do with the release of those games is a myth. Or at least for Xenoblade. The other two had more of an effect on XSEED who picked them up, showing precisely that Nintendo didn't care about OR to begin with and that they would've brought over Xenoblade regardless while skipping the other two.

Why, because Nintendo said so? So many people were quick to believe that, not considering that the last thing Nintendo would want to do is acknowledge they caved into a group of people, showing they misjudged the market and encouraging people to do the same thing in the future. We even had a contact at Nintendo of Europe that told us the exact opposite.

Anyway, Operation Rainfall was unique in that a lot of people came together because there were three games that had a lot of interest.. It's really hard to get people to care about much of anything enough to do something, especially over something like this.

TheMoon

Why, because Nintendo said so? So many people were quick to believe that, not considering that the last thing Nintendo would want to do is acknowledge they caved into a group of people, showing they misjudged the market and encouraging people to do the same thing in the future. We even had a contact at Nintendo of Europe that told us the exact opposite.

Anyway, Operation Rainfall was unique in that a lot of people came together because there were three games that had a lot of interest.. It's really hard to get people to care about much of anything enough to do something, especially over something like this.

Because they said when the EU release was announced that they'd see how the reception turns out and also by them not doing anything with TLS and PT. Sure they probably didn't put their hands over their ears and ignore OR's existence but I think that initiative gets a bit too much credit for Xenoblade's US release. However I do think that XSEED acted based off of that when they asked NOA to bring th PT and TLS over since niche titles are their main business.

rjinaz

Because they said when the EU release was announced that they'd see how the reception turns out and also by them not doing anything with TLS and PT. Sure they probably didn't put their hands over their ears and ignore OR's existence but I think that initiative gets a bit too much credit for Xenoblade's US release. However I do think that XSEED acted based off of that when they asked NOA to bring th PT and TLS over since niche titles are their main business.

You got that wrong. Once the games were brought over, pretty much everybody turned hostile toward the group, if anything we don't get enough credit. Rarely do you see anybody say anything positive. Also, Nintendo says a lot of things... Including No plans.

Well the games came out, in the end that's all we cared about. That and it was a couple of years ago now. People can believe what they want. Just thought I'd give my two cents being behind the scenes.

evanmisha

Sorry, you're wrong. Operation Rainfall is what piqued GameStop's interest and ultimately got the game released in NA.

I don't even like Xenoblade and I'm mad.

Gonna happen a couple of times more, I'm sure, when a bunch of other 3DS games get their own plates.

Considering this, the Majora and Trifiorce plates and the amiibo, I'm already resigned to not getting Bravely Second plates.

And there's no indication they even exist yet.

rjinaz

Was this ever actually stated by someone in a position to know for sure?

Nah, most actually denied it including Nintendo and XSEED in interviews. Not sure if Gamestop ever made a statement or not. It's why people are so quick to dismiss that OR had any effect. Of course if I was a PR person, I'd make sure to make it clear that the company was making the decision because it makes good business sense and I'd deny any influence from an outside party too, but maybe I don't know PR that well.

It is perhaps telling though that when XSEED revealed that Pandora's Tower localization, the first image released was raindrops on a car window, obviously calling out Operation Rainfall albeit in a very subtle way. And that Nintendo first revealed the Xenoblade localization on Facebook of all places. First posting a few pics, to get people they knew would be watching from OR, excited.

FryHole

Nah, most actually denied it including Nintendo and XSEED in interviews. Not sure if Gamestop ever made a statement or not. It's why people are so quick to dismiss that OR had any effect. Of course if I was a PR person, I'd make sure to make it clear that the company was making the decision because it makes good business sense and I'd deny any influence from an outside party too, but maybe I don't know PR that well.

Yeah that was my understanding, too. evanmisha seemed unusually confident, hence my asking the question.

evanmisha

Was this ever actually stated by someone in a position to know for sure?

I have heard it from enough people behind closed doors to 100% believe it and I'm not alone in that.

Also, I've never seen the GameStop exclusivity deal mentioned in interviews so that's news to me.

Gonna happen a couple of times more, I'm sure, when a bunch of other 3DS games get their own plates.

Considering this, the Majora and Trifiorce plates and the amiibo, I'm already resigned to not getting Bravely Second plates.

And there's no indication they even exist yet.
I have a strong feeling the next handheld will use face plates as well. There is plenty of room to make the screen 4 inches.
That is why they are going full support with it.

FryHole

I have heard it from enough people behind closed doors to 100% believe it and I'm not alone in that.

Also, I've never seen the GameStop exclusivity deal mentioned in interviews so that's news to me.

I say this with the best will in the world and I hope it's not taken the wrong way, but you're some dude on the internet, as are most of us, and I don't think it's right to outright tell someone they're wrong when your evidence is of the Uncle-That-Works-At-Nintendo ilk.

I have a strong feeling the next handheld will use face plates as well. There is plenty of room to make the screen 4 inches.
That is why they are going full support with it.

Hope so, but I have a feeling, with me keeping my XL to go with the n3DS regular, the n3DS will be my Xenoblade machine.

evanmisha

I say this with the best will in the world and I hope it's not taken the wrong way, but you're some dude on the internet, as are most of us, and I don't think it's right to outright tell someone they're wrong when your evidence is of the Uncle-That-Works-At-Nintendo ilk.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=974000&page=1

There's a recent thread full of people saying the same thing I am. Go ahead and bump it if you need clarification. You're under no obligation to believe me, and I'll say that people on NeoGAF are not who I was referring to when I said I'd been told so numerous times.

FryHole

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=974000&page=1

There's a recent thread full of people saying the same thing I am. Go ahead and bump it if you need clarification. You're under no obligation to believe me, and I'll say that people on NeoGAF are not who I was referring to when I said I'd been told so numerous times.

I'm honestly seeing nothing other than, as you say, people saying that's what happened. It's easy to say stuff.

And I'm aware you're not referring to people on GAF. The stakes are vastly lower and your claim not especially controversial, but this feels to me akin to pulling an "insider", the sort of thing that, when it matters more, has people requesting verification.

We have a scenario here, based on statements from people who work for the companies involved and sourced from reliable outlets, that says one thing. You arrive and contradict this. It's not unreasonable to ask for evidence, but you don't seem to have any, and in that case I don't think you should make such blanket statements as your first post did.

So yeah, I'll not believe you, and with that I apologise to the OP for the derail and withdraw.

evanmisha

So yeah, I'll not believe you, and with that I apologise to the OP for the derail and withdraw.

O43aL8t.gif

Koppai

Xenoblade plate wasn't put up on Game as far as I'm aware. It was only on the Nintendo Online Store as part of bundles. The cheapest of which is now sold out.

Is there a link? I can't find the Xenoblade plates anywhere on Game.
Meant to say the Zelda Triforce plates.

Peagles

Finally got this preordered in store at EB. It's crazy how easy it is to preorder things locally (if we actually get them) compared to trying to buy stuff online.

kubus

Just my luck, went to bed "early" for a change (around 01:00 am) and I just woke up, check my email to see that I received an email from amazon.jp timestamped 01:05 am that the Xenoblade plate was available to order again.

Naturally they're all sold out again now.

RaidenZR

Just my luck, went to bed "early" for a change (around 01:00 am) and I just woke up, check my email to see that I received an email from amazon.jp timestamped 01:05 am that the Xenoblade plate was available to order again.

They don't ship out of Japan though for those items. How were you planning to get around that?

Peagles

I have a change detection monitor on that page but I haven't seen it come back in stock, just price changes for resellers, if that makes you feel better. Where are you located btw? I may be able to help you out.

They don't ship out of Japan though for those items. How were you planning to get around that?

Tenso or a similar forwarding service.

kubus

I have a change detection monitor on that page but I haven't seen it come back in stock, just price changes for resellers, if that makes you feel better. Where are you located btw? I may be able to help you out.

A change detection monitor you say? Where would one obtain such a thing? ...Feel free to pm me :D

And thank you so much for the offer! I'm overwhelmed by the kindness of this community. I'm actually already in talks with someone who also offered me the Xenoblade plate as he made a duplicate order. But if that falls through I'll let you know! Thanks :). I'm in the Netherlands btw.

Fuck you NOA. Why do you do this shit? You know people would buy this plastic. Distribution costs can't possibly out weigh the profit you would make from having the regular in stock. Poor business decision

Amazon.de doesn't ship game stuff overseas, do they? :(

The following items can be shipped to almost all destinations outside Germany:

Books
DVDs
Music
VHS videos

Crap! If anyone can order a second one I'll pay extra for it.

Yep they do , i live in NYC and i pre ordered the Majoras Mask Coverplates a few weeks back and it arrived well in a timely manner!

:eek: I'll give it a shot, thanks!

I preordered from Play-Asia and all I got was this e-mail.

This is with regard to your order, New Nintendo 3DS Cover Plates No.059 (Xenoblade)(New Nintendo 3DS Japan) . We have tried our best to look for this specific item however, it is not available. We have contacted all of our suppliers. Unfortunately, no one can provide us the said item at the moment.

We regret to have brought you this news. To rectify the matter, we would gladly replace your order with anything of the same price. Should you decide to not get a replacement, we will gladly refund the amount you have paid.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know how we can make it up to you.

We are hoping for consideration and continued business with you.

I suppose there was a chance something like this could have happened. Needless to say I am pissed considering I preordered when it was still available and they recently put up a re-run of the plates within the last 24hrs. Anyone else that ordered from Play-Asia get a confirmation of their order shipping as they were supposed to?

Top Bottom