• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade cover plate for New 3DS coming to Japan

Clearly the campaign against NoA hasnt escalated enough.

Cmon internet. You guys have flooded in bigger number for less worthy causes

JordanKZ

The NA bitching is going to happen in every cover plate thread, isn't it >_>

Basically, yes.

I'm all in on this whole "buy all the cool faceplates" business. I own 3 now (Ambassador, Smash Bros, embossed white Mario), 2 are on their way (Kirby and Triforce Zelda). I am so buying these ones, they're just awesome.

Grief.exe

In real-life scenarios that cover actually doesn't look as good. When it's just the top half showing, you can't really tell what it is.

Brofield

I choose not to bitch about NoA's incompetence, and hold out even slimmer hope that they have something in mind for Xenoblade.

But so help me God if there's no special edition n3DSXL bundle since I missed out on both Majora's Mask AND Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, I will raze their Earth and salt the land their headquarters stand upon so that nothing will grow for a thousand generations.

The NA bitching is going to happen in every cover plate thread, isn't it >_>

If the system was region free it wouldnt even be an issue

Nintendo has stacked the deck against consumers once again

My love/hate relationship with this company continues.

I didn't know about the stock issues and limited availability of these plates. It's like amiibogeddon squared.

I'll just keep this one and get out. Hopefully nothing will entice me in the near future, but who am I kidding.

I didn't know about the stock issues and limited availability of these plates. It's like amiibogeddon squared.

I'll just keep this one and get out. Hopefully nothing will entice me in the near future, but who am I kidding.

I'm struggling to find these now on import sites but I have a feeling we'll likely see Bravely Second plates as well closer to release date. Those will be the holy grail if they are announced and I will get my hands on them at any cost

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

I think it's more they don't want to oversell so they put a limit of preorders. Remember we're only seeing a small portion of the supply since I bet the majority of plates end up on the Japanese high street.

Sonuvabitch, forgot about Bravely Second.

Lolz. Seriously, I already have the Collcetor's Pack and Magnolia Arch statue preordered so a set of faceplates (and the inevitable 3DS theme) will round off my stuff perfectly at this point. God, I have become a faceplate addict... Still awaiting the arrival of my Majora's Mask plates

I think it's more they don't want to oversell so they put a limit of preorders. Remember we're only seeing a small portion of the supply since I bet the majority of plates end up on the Japanese high street.

Oh yeah, I get that. I can't even say I necessarily disagree with NCL's supply strategies from their perspective (even if it's arguable), but still, fun to complain about first world issues that ultimately don't matter :D

In real-life scenarios that cover actually doesn't look as good. When it's just the top half showing, you can't really tell what it is.

Exactly. This point seems to be lost in a sea of complaining about NoA. (Even if such complaining is 100% merited; NoA blows).

I'm not a huge fan of "split" (top/bottom) designs for that reason.

Will look so good on mine.

foo241.gif

Edit : it'll look good don't worry. When closed my New 3DS is in its pouch in my pocket. When open I play and people will see all its awesomeness.

It's sad for US owners but it's really just a cover plate and XL has its benefits too... still Nintendo of America could have offer both, even if in short supply for the beginning.

Mr-Joker

Banned
*drools*

I wasn't planning to get a Super 3DS but I will buy the faceplate and hope that the 3DS successor carries on the faceplate swapping feature.

RaidenZR

Damn that cover plate looks slick.

Add me to the NOA hate pile. It's irrational, and I know there are hard working people there, but everyday I wake up and there's a new reason to bitch about them.

Put me in the camp that is less angry against NoA and more angry against the development team behind the new 3DS designs. I am more of an XL guy and would have loved to have had a faceplate option on the larger device.

Add me to the NOA hate pile. It's irrational, and I know there are hard working people there, but everyday I wake up and there's a new reason to bitch about them.

It's not irrational, it seems like a lot has changed at NOA since its move from Seattle. They lost key people.

Megatron

Chû Totoro;152748488 said:
Will look so good on mine.

foo241.gif

Edit : it'll look good don't worry. When closed my New 3DS is in its pouch in my pocket. When open I play and people will see all its awesomeness.

It's sad for US owners but it's really just a cover plate and XL has its benefits too... still Nintendo of America could have offer both, even if in short supply for the beginning.

Assuming you can get it. It sold out already on play Asia.

AGITΩ

Should have just made the New 3DS XL also compatible with Faceplates...I mean the concept is nice but I'm not going to regress to a smaller screen because of it.
If NOA does Bring over New 3DS in the original size, it'll probably be a limited run, since outside of the loud few, the average consumer prefers the larger screen, which is why some were hesitant to buy 3DS's after enjoying DSi XLs. Sure Graphics were better, but screens were tinier.

It is pretty much only for showing it to others.
I feel that was the opposite problem of Majora's Mask where it is upside down when other people see it.

Psh, custom plates? New 3DS in America? Yeah right, and lose out on all that LE money? Didn't you see how fast MH43DSXL and MM3DXL LEs sold out? Nintendo is never bringing the new3DS here.

Im glad I have a Japanese 3DS with a capture card and NNID digital games, as soon as capture cards come out for the New 3DS (in April) I'm importing and buying ALL of the plates. The plates are a way better idea and cost friendly then buying a ton of LEs... I know a guy who has over 8 3DS(XL) just because they are limited Editions... I only have multiple for Capture Cards and Regular Play

DONT LOOK AT ME LIKE I'M SOME SORT OF CONSPIRACY THEORIST!

Megatron

What are the odds we see a Xenoblade XL limited edition instead?

That is what I am hoping for, personally. I returned my red n3dsxl and am hoping this happens. And also hoping like hell to get these plates for a Japanese black n3ds I am going to import.

I didn't really think about that until you said it, but you are completely right. Still want though.

UberTag

Psh, custom plates? New 3DS in America? Yeah right, and lose out on all that LE money? Didn't you see how fast MH43DSXL and MM3DXL LEs sold out? Nintendo is never bringing the new3DS here.

Im glad I have a Japanese 3DS with a capture card and NNID digital games, as soon as capture cards come out for the New 3DS (in April) I'm importing and buying ALL of the plates. The plates are a way better idea and cost friendly then buying a ton of LEs... I know a guy who has over 8 3DS(XL) just because they are limited Editions... I only have multiple for Capture Cards and Regular Play

DONT LOOK AT ME LIKE I'M SOME SORT OF CONSPIRACY THEORIST!
You know what... I'd actually TAKE a non-XL New 3DS without the ability to swap faceplates as a Limited Edition Xenoblade model.

I don't think it's that great. If the "Power of the Monado" and the symbols were on the top plate where you could actually see them it'd be nicer. As it is it's bit too plain for my taste.

Top Bottom