• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade cover plate for New 3DS coming to Japan

Xx4pPBl.png

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You know, I'm not mad at NoA for not bringing the regular New 3DS to the US.

I'm mad at NCL for not making the XL with cover plates.

Harusame

What year in school are you and how much Japanese can you speak/read?

Second year university going for a B.S.N. with hopes of going to medical school if wanted. Currently able to read hiragana, katakana and basic kanji characters. Speaking and understanding wise, I can speak and ask question and phrases, however not enough to keep a conversation going long.

Megatron

I have been meaning to buy a Japanese 3ds to play the dq games. Guess I know now it will be a regular new 3ds. I will really try to get these plates.

The Lamp

That's a beautiful cover plate...

But the larger screen size of my XL trumps it, and I like mine being an inconspicuous black.

I kinda wish the XL had customization now, though...

TI82

Banned
Second year university going for a B.S.N. with hopes of going to medical school if wanted. Currently able to read hiragana, katakana and basic kanji characters. Speaking and understanding wise, I can speak and ask question and phrases, however not enough to keep a conversation going long.

Alright good, just continue to improve I know its tough. I'm taking a break this semester from Japanese and that was a mistake lol.

Shengar

I bet there will be Fire Emblem faceplate when FE: if released
Fuck me, why did I said that? Now I just hurt myself D:

XaosWolf

These fucking cover plates, man. Honestly feel for you guys in the US.

Just ordered an import Kirby and Waddle Dee plate, have the White MH4U plates and now THIS.

All I need is for them to announce a white version of that Triforce design and I'm set until next month at best. =D

Wow. I don't like Xenoblade, not my type of game, but wow...this looks awesome. Especially on the black model. I think I'm going to order it for my PAL n3DS.

Play Asia just got back to me regarding these particular plates and said that due to Lunar New Year, their suppliers are closed but they have left a message to inquire about ordering the faceplates so they may list them for preorder. Said they should expect to have a response come the beginning of next week when the suppliers are open again and will update me once they are listed if they secure them for preorder

XaosWolf

Play Asia just got back to me regarding these particular plates and said that due to Lunar New Year, their suppliers are closed but they have left a message to inquire about ordering the faceplates so they may list them for preorder. Said they should expect to have a response come the beginning of next week when the suppliers are open again and will update me once they are listed if they secure them for preorder

Thanks, that's good to know!

Gambit

Well, finally I can decide between New 3DS and XL. I was hoping for a Xenoblade Special Edition XL, but it seems Nintendo will go the faceplate route instead. So New 3DS here I come! (black label)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I think that is my favorite "themed" console.... ever?
It's fuckin' glorious. I don't even own a N3DS and yet I want to buy it to avoid risking being left without one for when I do get the console later down the road

OryoN

Wow, that's some hot sh!t right there!!

I'm not the type that would (re)buy gaming hardware based on a new color or aesthetic design, but this is the closest I've been. Although, there are a few hardware perks too...

I'm going to change the tempo in this thread and actually thank NOA for being so thoughtful as to go out of their way to ensure my hard earn money stays in my pockets. Bless their incompetent souls! They are like that level-headed pal you wish you had next to you each time you are about to make an impulsive monetary decision.

I think that is my favorite "themed" console.... ever?
It's fuckin' glorious. I don't even own a N3DS and yet I want to buy it to avoid risking being left without one for when I do get the console later down the road

They're knocking it out of the park with some of these designs. LE consoles at 20 bucks a pop.

Coming out with the standard 3DS and a range of covers makes more sense than dropping to XL limited editions on the same day if oversaturating with SKUs is the issue.

Tagyhag

Looks great.

Though it blows my mind that someone would import a system just for its outward appearance. I wish I had that kind of money.

Ashler

Is it weird that I only have a n3DS XL and already bought the 2 MH4 faceplates, have the 2 Zelda pre-recorded and am thinking about getting this one as well?

I keep thinking that somewhere down the line I might get a regular n3DS.

Although, I do think that NoA has been abysmal lately. I think the reason why America didn't get the regular n3ds is due to the port strike on the west coast. 70% of Asian goods come through this port.

Don't you think that when Australia, Europe, and Japan all receive the regular N3DS and North America doesn't, doesn't something seem out of place. I think the marketing director of NOA said that specific quote in order to not give any acknowledgement of the strike and to not make it seem like they're taking any side.

Source: West Coast ports reopen as labor secretary arrives for talks

this is a pretty strange connection considering all Nintendo made hardware would still have to come through the same paths as a n3DS and faceplates

kubus

Crap, I'll be in Japan when this releases but I won't be able to enter the dorm until April 2nd... which is the same day as when this plate releases. Not sure if I'll have my address in time :(

I suppose it will be impossible to walk into a store and buy one on release day, huh...

Sallokin

Crap, I'll be in Japan when this releases but I won't be able to enter the dorm until April 2nd... which is the same day as when this plate releases. Not sure if I'll have my address in time :(

I suppose it will be impossible to walk into a store and buy one on release day, huh...

Probably not possible to walk in day one, however, if you're in Japan on that day preorder the plate on amazon.co.jp and have the plate delivered to a nearby convenience store. You can pick it up with any form of ID and they'll hold it for a day or two before sending it back if you can't grab it when it arrives.

Top Bottom