• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade cover plate for New 3DS coming to Japan

Son Of D

Basically its the mentality of "fuck you, got mine". Not everyone is like that, but ive seen that attitude from some people.
I saw that a fair few times when Europe was waiting for SMT 4. I remember some people saying stuff like "Oh now Europeans can shut the fuck up!" when it got announced.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Eh. The top cover is the one you'll see the most and yet there's not much too it. The closed 3DS photos illustrate this perfectly.

At least it's a simple design which is the best for these covers. The MM cover based on the Skullkid art was far too busy.

LOFQC.gif

NoA truly is cruel...
We need an updated one using MM 3D

Ulysses 31

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YYOOUU NOA!

Seriously, THIS is why I wanted it.

*plots the dismantling of NoA*

Wow, fuck you NoA!

NOA is so stupid.

NoA must burn for its sins.

FUCK YOU NOA! GOD!

damn you NOA

FUCK YOU NOA OH MY GOD

I didn't care that I couldn't have the regular New 3DS before.

Now I do. Damn you NOA

Damn NOA... you fuuuuucked up!

:(

That is fucking dope. Fuck you NOA

Fuck you NOA.

NoA is gonna go in flames for this.

FUCKKKKKK

Man... I want those so bad. ;_;

Fuck NoA.

Get fucked NoA.

:(

Thanks NOA. To add insult to injury to NA.

Eat shit, NOA.

aHrmk2P.jpg

Will be buying/importing them cover plates!

kubus

Probably not possible to walk in day one, however, if you're in Japan on that day preorder the plate on amazon.co.jp and have the plate delivered to a nearby convenience store. You can pick it up with any form of ID and they'll hold it for a day or two before sending it back if you can't grab it when it arrives.
:O You can have stuff delivered to convenience stores?
That's... convenient.

Thanks for the tip!

Ricky 7

This is the bad thing about having a White New 3DS, all the cover plates look better on the black one. =( I wish they could have gave us a choice on ambassador edition colours.

Damn guys...some of you should calm down and should start to realise that Gaf is not speaking for everybody in the USA or sometimes the world. If it doesnt make any marketing sense in the US than it doesnt make any sense and you should accept that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This is the bad thing about having a White New 3DS, all the cover plates look better on the black one. =( I wish they could have gave us a choice on ambassador edition colours.

Some look better on white and some better on black. For example the blue gingham design I have looks vastly superior on the white system.

Danielsan

You know, I'm not mad at NoA for not bringing the regular New 3DS to the US.

I'm mad at NCL for not making the XL with cover plates.
I agree with this sentiment. I actually had the option to get a regular N3DS, but opted for the XL. I simply can't justify the screen size downgrade just so I can alter the appearance of my console. Do I do still wonder at times if I should have given the regular 3DS a chance.

If Nintendo actually had their shit in order and allowed for multiple consoles with a single account, I might have double (tripple?) dipped.

$40 all up to import.

So expensive for a piece of plastic but I'm gonna do it I think... My love of Xenoblade knows no bounds it seems.

CasRvsH.gif

I have never wanted a faceplate for for any system I've owned in my 20 years of gaming UNTIL NOW.

Edit for obligatory NOAAAAAAAAAA!!! *shakes fists angrily*

Why are European importing? Don't you think it will come out here as well?

I consider it a given.

I consider it basically zero chance.

Japan is up to 60 plates now, the AU/EU selection is up to what? 15? We're not getting anything but the popular ones, Xenoblade is too niche.

Japan is up to 60 plates now, the AU/EU selection is up to what? 15? We're not getting anything but the popular ones, Xenoblade is too niche.

If they plan big marketing for the game, they will release those in Europe as well.

We also get the limited Zelda cover plates, both of them. I know it's more popular, but with two Xenoblade games releasing this year I can see them pushing both releases with marketing.

Gambit

More of a 'it's Nintendo, it's not guaranteed'. Plus cover plates are £14.xx at Amazon. Not much to lose

That's true with the money. Not much difference.

But it just came out, of course they are not up to 60. That would be overkill.

It's Shibata, he'll be good for it.

It's been out here in Australia since November and the only plates released since launch are the Pokemon ORAS one and the two Monster Hunter ones when Japan has had like 30 in that timeframe.

I'm not risking it.

Slaythe

That's true with the money. Not much difference.

AU's pal 3ds has been out for months.

But that market is so small they don't care about it. Can't blame them.

EU market is the second place where nintendo does well after japan. Especially in France and Germany. (Wii U > xbox one)

Darius

Banned
While it would be ideal if every product would be available everywhere it is really silly how insulting some users get over such little things. It has turned out to be used as an excuse to use bad language like a scumbag and since this excuse is used in every occasion something is for a certain region I really have a hard time to believe that the always same people would actually buy everything they complain about.

Also I want to point out the double-standard while it seems to be tolerated when it comes to Nintendo a similar insult against EA lead to a perma-ban. While the latter was a picture with a middle-finger, the message is exactly the same.

If you are in the US, Amazon sites that use EU is the most fair when importing.
Also bought on the off chance this is like Zelda plates and get marked up by 500%.

kubus

amazon.co.jp just added an image to the Xenoblade plate listing...

itshappening.gif!!

(Silly question maybe, but amazon allows you to change your shipping address for unshipped items, right?)

Sorry but I think this faceplate is utter crap. The top screen is the one you see the most and it has the tip of the Monado on it. How dull. Also the red Monado on red background makes it hard to see to the point it might as well be a plain red faceplate.

That sort of brings me to the point is I'd prefer to spend half as much but only have the top screen plate.

If an Australian / European regular N3DS was imported you'd be able to get games in English, no? Then just import the faceplates?
Yes but you would then have to buy all your games from Europe (remember the system is region locked and don't tell me about gateway, n3DS support has been continually delayed) and games retail for €45 here (or £40 which is even more) rather than $40...

The thing I don't understand that doesn't seem to be brought up so much, would be: why does the XL not support face plates?

Never understood that decision.
The faceplate will cover a lot less of the screen so might look a bit silly and people would complain about that is what they will tell you but honestly it is to keep selling you $200 systems rather than $20 faceplates.

What I find particularly amusing is how the roles seem to have been reversed.

When I used to live in Europe during, I would daily curse NoE for late releases or none at all (N64 era onwards) and be massively jealous of the US Club Nintendo, library, etc etc.
I wouldn't say that as I'm not exactly pleased with NOE at the moment for the following two reasons; Codename S.T.E.A.M. is out in May, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse comes out in...erm the future, maybe?

But no apparently fucking faceplates (consumerism, ho) are more important than games to American customers.

But it is over the £15 limit so if caught you'll have to pay tax (which will be peanuts) as well as a handling fee (which is £11 minimum).
The handling fee is £11 now? Fucking hell, £8 was absurd enough and it makes me cry for the days when it like £4 (I'm fine with paying 20% tax but paying Royal Mail £11 for paying that 20% tax I'm not fine with one bit). Fuck you play.com for your part in killing the £18 limit (in this particular situation the £18 would mean no problems), I'm pleased you were purchased by Rakuten who gutted you turning you into a marketplace that is utterly desperate for UK online retail market share.

I have zero interest in the new 3ds XL.

But I would upgrade from my 1st generation 3ds into a new 3ds with faceplates like the xenoblade one in a heartbeat.

Are you listening, Nintendo of America?

Yes but you would then have to buy all your games from Europe (remember the system is region locked and don't tell me about gateway, n3DS support has been continually delayed) and games retail for €45 here (or £40 which is even more) rather than $40...
If you go AUS, you pay around $46, which is not that bad.
Does not matter to me much because not that many games will actually take advantage of the hardware.

IMO of course but I would take 2 delayed games over not offering the superior SKU.
You will get the games in time. Also as the poster above me said, I have zero interest in new XL.
The high rate of defects is not helping.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The handling fee is £11 now? Fucking hell, £8 was absurd enough and it makes me cry for the days when it like £4 (I'm fine with paying 20% tax but paying Royal Mail £11 for paying that 20% tax I'm not fine with one bit). Fuck you play.com for your part in killing the £18 limit (in this particular situation the £18 would mean no problems), I'm pleased you were purchased by Rakuten who gutted you turning you into a marketplace that is utterly desperate for UK online retail market share.

Yep, as an importer of figurines the handling fee is the bane of my life, especially when you only just go over the £15 limit. I don't really mind the limit decreasing from £18 to £15 (though I honestly think the gift limit of £36 is far more realistic for what people want to buy especially when something like just a 3DS plate can tip you over) since the tax is usually small but that handling fee is the devil. Also if your parcel is delivered by someone other than the Royal Mail (including Parcel Force) the handling fee is even more! If a party promised to sort that out I'd give them the vote. Even the lib dems!

Hollycat

DOWN WITH REGGIE! DOWN WITH REGGIE!

Seriously, it's like alternate costumes for systems, but noa is all nooooo, America just wants XL. XL order of fries, XL pants, XL Texas, XL n3DS.

They weren't wrong until they decided no faceplates for XL.

Top Bottom