• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade X Eurogamer Preview: Maybe 2015's Most Impressive Open World

El Odio

Banned
Damn, reviews start pouring in right as I gotta leave for work. Least I'll be able to see most of them by the time I'm off.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know if the game has separate volume options for different things? Like the battle cries vs environment/music vs dialogue, etc.

I remember there being a guy on twitter very annoyed with the lack of a separate music slider. But that's all I know and it's from this very thread, so...

Diffense

Yeah, if it wasn't for the mecha I probably wouldn't even bother with xenoblade x. One thing that really bothers me about xenoblade style combat is that it isn't really based on skill but almost completely on stats. Like on giantbomb he's in a cave and comes across a level 40 monster and runs away from it leaving a big wall between them. In an action based game the monster wouldn't attack him since he's got a physical wall between them. But since it's xenoblade style his attack goes through a wall and hurts the mc killing him. It just makes it really static I guess?

Yeah, it's not a realtime combat system at all even though it looks like it could be when you see it in action.

There is depth to it though. It's not based on dexterity with the controls but you have to know how to manipulate the system to your advantage to beat enemies efficiently. They have added more options to the auto-attack too since each character now carries both melee and ranged weapons which they can switch between while position seems to matter more as well.

TriBlade

Just started Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) for the first time. Oh man, this is really lovely so far. Really feeling it.

What you did there, I see it.

I started the game but never finished it, because I sold my Wii and all its' games. I hoping Nintendo would release it on the eshop so I could finally finish it.

Not sure if it has been posted, but if you're thinking about the strategy guide, you can use "Holiday30" on Amazon and get it for 30% off and it will cost $16.95. Works for any hardcover book according to 8-4 Play podcast.

I'm getting one with little intent to actually use it, more as a collectible.

Renewed

Not sure if it has been posted, but if you're thinking about the strategy guide, you can use "Holiday30" on Amazon and get it for 30% off and it will cost $16.95. Works for any hardcover book according to 8-4 Play podcast.

Not in Canada. Thanks for getting my hopes up.

Unfortunately, it sure looks like the guide isn't coming for a while. I used the coupon, and while my order says "We need more time to let you know when this will ship", my primary account page says my next order (this) won't come until Jan 8.

Top Bottom