• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED teasing a new game? [Up: All but confirmed to be Senran Kagura]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
....Well I'll be damned. If it's the Vita version, bravo to Xseed for bringing the game to the US. Now let's hope they'll announce/confirm it tomorrow or so.

Is Senran Kagura a good game, or is it just boobs? The Vita one is like Dynasty Warriors, right?
I heard the 3DS ones were "meh", but the Vita one was rather good, sort of a weird Dynasty Warriors/Power Stone hybrid. Japanator did a first impressions on it.

SENRAN KAGURA YES.

Ugh, the male feminists are going to have a cholesterol attack over this one, if the overreactions to Dragon's Crown were any indication.

Good luck with that, XSEED, just remember to make good use of that block function on Twitter.

Aeana

SENRAN KAGURA YES.

Ugh, the male feminists are going to have a cholesterol attack over this one, if the overreactions to Dragon's Crown were any indication.

Good luck with that, XSEED, just remember to make good use of that block function on Twitter.
Only the male feminists, huh?

We really don't need people pre-emptively stirring this up, either.

It'd be a shame if this was for the 3DS games. Those are pretty awful.

The Vita one is like Dynasty Warriors meets Power Stone.

The multiplayer is nuts.

Teknoman

SENRAN KAGURA YES.

I dunno, I wouldnt consider myself anything of the sort, but still think they went a little overboard in some areas. Not keeping me from getting the game, but still.

Wow. Can't believe Senran Kagura might actually be coming to NA. With this and Dangan Ronpa in 2014, it's looking like the year of unexpected game localization announcements.

I dunno, I wouldnt consider myself anything of the sort, but still think they went a little overboard in some areas. Not keeping me from getting the game, but still.
You know, I can't even deny that (but the overboard aspect is what makes it seem like so much fun to me).

cj_iwakura

I'm going to laugh if the backlash that Giggolo mode got flew way over Kagura. It's way too silly.

KID and Dragon's Crown are much higher profile games than Senran Kagura would be(and I never thought I'd say that about any Atlus or Grasshopper title).

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'd be fine with a digital release of Shinovi Versus.

Well, more than fine. I'd be ecstatic.

Astarte

Possible Senran Kagura on PC? I wonder what the mods will focus on.

Man you even putting together P and C shows that you have infinite hope. Here, take this ring.

Blue_Lantern_power_ring.jpg

fek

Can't believe there really is a chance it's Senran Kagura. Already played the vita version so I think I would prefer it to be Burst.

Question: Is Senran Kagura better than Code of Princess?

CoP felt sluggish and slow compared to some of the other beat-em-ups I've played.

My only hope for this game since I have absolutely no interest in it (unless the add the men from the April fools day joke), is that this is an easy localization that gets them some good sales so they can work on other stuff.

*coughTRAILScough*

Tohsaka

Wasn't expecting this, definitely a nice surprise. I've never played any of the games so I'll buy whichever one they end up localizing (wouldn't it be nice if it was both?).

Today is a day the impossible has happened.

CoP felt sluggish and slow compared to some of the other beat-em-ups I've played.
Code of Princess was a disappointment of the century. My expectations are lower but if it's the Vita one that was described above as "Dynasty Warriors x Power Stone", then JESUS, can't go wrong with that.

Arla

Fuck yes! Even if it's only for eShop I'll take it. Please be Senran Kagura: Burst.

2 games in 1 plus all the enhancements and updates from the psueodo-sequel applied to the original, simple side-scrolling beat-em up fun and delicious fan-service.

Hell, I'll be glad if it's Shinovi Versus too. I prefer side-scrolling beat em ups to musou styled games and I actually own a 3DS right now so, hoping it's Burst. I'll be fine with either, both would be fantastic.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I hope they start with the inferior SK1 so that they can sucker people into buying the game again with Burst.

Hope it's not the Vita version though; didn't like what little I've played of it.

Arla

Question: Is Senran Kagura better than Code of Princess?

From the direct-feed video I've seen of Burst it definitely looks better, faster and has more content. CoP was ridiculously simple and ran like shit. It was extremely disappointing.

I don't have a Vita, so I guess it's obvious which game I want to be localized.

However, the series even coming to the US is a win, so congrats to Vita peeps if it's the Vita game!

I feel like whynotboth.gif is appropriate here. Just bring it all on.

kunonabi

man, i really hope it's the 3ds senran game. there are enough 3ds games stuck in japan as it is. the vita title has probably already been imported by the people who wanted it anyway.

I'm down for either version, since Dangan Ronpa will surely force my hand into buying a Vita sooner rather than later. From the impressions, I'm leaning towards hoping it's SV.

chrono01

It seems my prediction was correct [hopefully]!

FINALLY! Life and Hometown will make its way to our 3DS/Vita systems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom