• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 1 & 2 HD (Wii U) screenshots

wrowa

b2d5sC6.png

Look at that leopard print backdrop. Nagoshi is the man.

I love that picture. Iwata has that naughty smile of someone who thinks himself to be a worldclass actor, while Nagoshi looks like he's wondering what the heck he's doing there. :D

Seems like a relatively easy game to bring over as it's already translated into English. Nintendo did say they wanted to help bring over other companies games, and this would pad out the library a little bit.

If it were that simple, Sega probably would've already released both games on the PSN. I think the problem is with Yakuza 1, as it had celebrity voice actors and a more anglicised translation than any of the other games.

Edit: Forgot my second quote:
Huh you're right. For some reason I thought they were two years apart and only remembered 2's release date.

Yeah, they were pretty good at releasing one game a year up until they took a bit longer with Yakuza 5.

IrishNinja

I love that picture. Iwata has that naughty smile of someone who thinks himself to be a worldclass actor, while Nagoshi looks like he's wondering what the heck he's doing there. :D

i assure you; standing in front of any kind of leopard print, Nagoshi is very much in his element

meh never could get much into 3. kinda boring to take care of children.
plus yeah I know is a VG but it's just dont feel like a yakuza thing at all, I would rather watch Beat Takeshi movies about the yakuza...

IrishNinja

meh never could get much into 3. kinda boring to take care of children.
plus yeah I know is a VG but it's just dont feel like a yakuza thing at all, I would rather watch Beat Takeshi movies about the yakuza...

play 4, you'll get more of the feeling you were after and it's an amazing game for like the $10 or so it now costs

also if someone named totonberies comes into this thread for the love of piss do not listen to them

MrT-Tar

If NoE localises this, I'll probably get it. I've been meaning to get into the series and a localised HD collection is probably the best place to start.

Maybe it's just me, but being on Wii U makes a localisation more likely than on PS3. If Nintendo publishes it. Braverly Default and MH3U probably wouldn't have come over on other platforms.

LiK

I would import if it weren't for the fact that it's region locked. The Gamepad menu is really great.

should reiterate that the hd collection on ps3 was a very basic port that didn't even bother to fix the fmvs or add any anti-aliasing

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Yakuza in my Nintendo would be magnificent. Day 1 buy if it comes over.

Yuterald

Some Yakuza 1 real talk. From my experience, the battle game in the first one is the hardest thing about the franchise, especially if you're going for S-Ranks. I wonder if this update included a quick retry function because you would always have to quit to the battle menu to retry if you fucked it up. So annoying, it's part of the reason why I have still yet to S-Rank the battle game in the original. =/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are you going to sit there and claim an HD Collection has never been part of a bigger event than a Nintendo Direct for any manufacturer?

Like what? The closest thing you could say that was at a bigger event would be Halo Anniversary, and that was a complete remake not just an HD upscaling.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The PSP Remaster line was announced at E3 2011 with Monster Hunter, as was God of War: Origins Collection. Right on stage.

That's a push for an entire initiative(however failed it turned out), not a port of a HD collection of a series that has no history of said franchise though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I haven't played the PS3 version. Do they even get rid of the loading times before battles? Going back would be impossible with those still around.

Madouu

It's almost as if I'm replying to your argument or something. Sorry, I guess I should just get on my knees and apologize, you are obviously right about everything.

lol... You know it's okay to be wrong once in a while. Just move on. It was kind of obvious your reaction was more based on a negative sentiment towards the Wii U rather than facts.

On topic, I personally think we won't see the collection here. The only way I see it coming here is if Nintendo took care of bringing it, but then why not just announce it in the EU/NA direct?

Sgblues

Most fans are waiting on E3 for the possible announcement of 5 and the HD collection being localized for ps3 and hoping it does, if not(which would be a shame) then we're gonna be importing(if most fans haven't already)

If(big IF here)this WiiU version gets localized because of nintendo, then that would be sweet.

canedaddy

I loved both games on PS2, but let's face it, they didn't sell well in North America on a console with a massive install base and an audience geared toward mature content... not much hope for them on Wii U.

Some Yakuza 1 real talk. From my experience, the battle game in the first one is the hardest thing about the franchise, especially if you're going for S-Ranks. I wonder if this update included a quick retry function because you would always have to quit to the battle menu to retry if you fucked it up. So annoying, it's part of the reason why I have still yet to S-Rank the battle game in the original. =/

DOn't worry both versions of the remaster ( PS3 & WII U ) have an easy mode if you don't want to cry for S-ranks

I wonder how I'd be at the first game now, because I remember having a lot of trouble with its battle system. Seems like the series got easier as it went on.

I loved both games on PS2, but let's face it, they didn't sell well in North America on a console with a massive install base and an audience geared toward mature content... not much hope for them on Wii U.
It might do okay as a semi-exclusive targeting core Nintendo fans. That how games like Tales of Symphonia, Monster Hunter Tri or Dragon Quest IX outsold what their franchises manged on PS2.

Yuterald

DOn't worry both versions of the remaster ( PS3 & WII U ) have an easy mode if you don't want to cry for S-ranks

I wonder how I'd be at the first game now, because I remember having a lot of trouble with its battle system. Seems like the series got easier as it went on.

I think you'll misunderstood my post. I'm not talking about the regular game's difficulty. I'm talking about the battle game mode you unlock in the Premium Box upon completion of the game. It's a challenge mode of sorts which pit you up against the various enemies/bosses in the game with particular conditions to make it harder. I believe all the mainline titles have had a mode like this in some fashion. Yakuza 4's being the easiest, actually.

What I'm looking for is a quick retry button/feature so I don't have to quit to the main menu to retry a mission in the battle game. It has nothing to do with easier difficulties or anything like that.

Mileena

Banned
It might do okay as a semi-exclusive targeting core Nintendo fans. That how games like Tales of Symphonia, Monster Hunter Tri or Dragon Quest IX outsold what their franchises manged on PS2.
Maybe if Monster Hunter didn't already come out on Wii U and bomb really hard. The userbase isn't buying games, its fucking pathetic.

I think you'll misunderstood my post. I'm not talking about the regular game's difficulty. I'm talking about the battle game mode you unlock in the Premium Box upon completion of the game. It's a challenge mode of sorts which pit you up against the various enemies/bosses in the game with particular conditions to make it harder. I believe all the mainline titles have had a mode like this in some fashion. Yakuza 4's being the easiest, actually.

What I'm looking for is a quick retry button/feature so I don't have to quit to the main menu to retry a mission in the battle game. It has nothing to do with easier difficulties or anything like that.

Oh challenge mode ..
Well it's challenge mode .

That part is ..unchanged in the hd remasters.
Yeah i remember that it was a tad bit unfair to the players at times.

Top Bottom