• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Ishin announced

duckroll

Bakumatsu-era Yakuza? Hype!!!!!!! I might actually get this one if it's on a platform I own, even though I haven't played 3, and I didn't even buy 4 or 5. Lol. Kenzan was awesome!

Zoc

Neat. Sakamoto Ryoma was a kind of bridge figure between the samurai and modern eras. He wore a kimono with shoes and had a sword and six shooter. This game will probably be set during the historical upheaval following America's forcible entry into Japan.

He can fight the Shinsengumi!

Gacha-pin

I assume it is sort of a sequel to Kenzan in the sense of "Kiryu as historical badass", because in Kenzan Kiryu was Miyamoto Musashi, and now in this game it looks like he's going to be Sakamoto Ryoma. [bold]I'm interested what they'll do with the ending[/bold], then! I'm glad though, given the mediocre sales of Kenzan, that it's getting even a pseudo-sequel. That was a neat game.

EDIT: Since nobody's mentioned it yet, that's what the poster is saying. Kiryu will be a "Sakamoto Ryoma that surpasses the truth."
The protagonist to be assassinated, I guess. If the game follows the histrical fact, there isn't a suitable role for Haruka. I hope her role isn't Ruoma's girlfriend.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
ps4 game??!?
what have i missed here

Well, this matches up with this:

Yakuza series director Toshihiro Nagoshi teased the next Yakuza title in this week’s issue of Dengeki PlayStation.

According to Nagoshi, the team is taking a programmatic approach with the next title so that players can have a more physical experience.

Regarding the battle system, the team aims to reach new innovations.

About the next game in general, they want to offer a broadened form of play.

Don’t expect to see the next Yakuza title on PlayStation 3, though. Nagoshi said he thinks Yakuza 5 will be the last entry in the series part of PlayStation 3′s generation.

But rest assured the studio will continue developing with the the intent to make things the best they an under the circumstances.

Nagoshi hopes to show the next “something” sometime this year.

Source: http://gematsu.com/2013/02/toshihiro-nagoshi-talks-next-yakuza-title

duckroll

The protagonist to be assassinated, I guess. If the game follows the histrical fact, there isn't a suitable role for Haruka. I hope her role isn't Ruoma's girlfriend.

Calling it now, the "truth" is that Sakamoto didn't actually die. He faked his death to escape from the world so he can spend HAPPY DAYS with Haruka.

CRY_ON

Neo Member
would it be financially viable if they translated kenzan, 5 and maybe this Ishin in one big bundle and released them for a reasonable price?

Surely people would pick them up then (all that content for some low price?)

Just an idea

crinale

would it be financially viable if they translated kenzan, 5 and maybe this Ishin in one big bundle and released them for a reasonable price?

Just an idea

IMHO some people enjoy Kenzan better than Yakuza main series.
I wish Ishin turns out to be as good as Kenzan...

They showed a logo for resident evil psp. I'm just saying that yakuza vita should not surprise anyone, especially since sega is one of the most successful publishers on the platform.

If SEGA is thinking about releasing Yakuza on Vita then they would release Black Panther series I guess.

IMHO some people enjoy Kenzan better than Yakuza main series.
I wish Ishin turns out to be as good as Kenzan...

If SEGA is thinking about releasing Yakuza on Vita then they would release Black Panther series I guess.

Isn't black panther a bit different form other yakuza games(because of psp limitations)? I vita got a yakuza game, I'm sure it would play closer to the console entries.

duckroll

Just an idea

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Asking a big corporation to do more work and charge less.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

IrishNinja

yesss more Kenzan! can only be a good thing

Split bump.

ah, that explains the lock when i was posting, haha

O is this the VitaSUS game?
iBNURTqODWz4J.jpg

while spinoffs of a niche series seem like the prefect struggle-match, i think they're gonna work on the next black panther cat-collector sim for that one
also wont show up here

This will never come over, right :(

Man, fml

nope, prolly not! fortunately, we have our ways

ps guys seriously, the Kenzan ship has tragically sailed a long time back (1/2 HD prolly leaving the port soon too), focus your betting efforts on 5's localization, it's our best shot!

I never realized Ryu Ga Gotoku had such a big female fanbase, I was at the event in Shinjuku and there were a lot more girls than guys.

Cero rating at least means it's a console game.

So hyped! :p

I'm really surprised Yakuza games don't sell that much in the west, I can't believe stuff like Ni No Kuni outsells it. If Sammy acquires Atlus and keep them separate, I wonder if Atlus USA would start bringing them over.

Just an idea

And release it with 1&2 HD.

Srsly i have the feeling Sega is just lazy as fuck. They could release Yakuza 1 & 2 HD meanwhile because THEY HAVE the translation. But nope they are not doing this. Or doing some Kickstarter with some Goals for Translating those games (500.000 for Yakuza 5, 800.000 for Kenzan and 1 Million for 1&2 HD just as an example. 1 Million should be enough right?)

If Sega has no money for a Retail-Version they could release it on PSN. But no... they let us hanging and translate Hatsune Miku instead.

I'm really surprised Yakuza games don't sell that much in the west, I can't believe stuff like Ni No Kuni outsells it. If Sammy acquires Atlus and keep them separate, I wonder if Atlus USA would start bringing them over.

They are not promoting the games. I never heard of Yakuza until i saw the 3 one for 10€. Bought it and i fell in love for this franchise. Then a few months befor 4 we got one message. Then it released and no ads or anything. The same with Yakuza Dead Souls.

IrishNinja

I never realized Ryu Ga Gotoku had such a big female fanbase, I was at the event in Shinjuku and there were a lot more girls than guys.

Cero rating at least means it's a console game.

So hyped! :p

that's awesome to hear, maybe Harkua-chan's idol antics wont them over, haha
get any interesting swag there? pics i saw of Nagoshi looked so boss!

Man I'm hyped. Kenzan! is my favorite, nice to see a spiritual successor to it. I will import this anyway as usual.

*brofist* play-asia bout to be my new homepage

IrishNinja

Srsly i have the feeling Sega is just lazy as fuck. They could release Yakuza 1 & 2 HD meanwhile because THEY HAVE the translation. But nope they are not doing this. Or doing some Kickstarter with some Goals for Translating those games (500.000 for Yakuza 5, 800.000 for Kenzan and 1 Million for 1&2 HD just as an example. 1 Million should be enough right?)

If Sega has no money for a Retail-Version they could release it on PSN. But no... they let us hanging and translate Hatsune Miku instead.

as a Yakuza fan: it's not really lazy, porting HD versions of older niche titles during a generational shift was a longshot at best, honestly.

and i wish i could copy stumpkapow's post everytime kickstarter was invoked: that's a venue for small studios in need of funding, not large ones that are naturally risk-averse. they have the $, it's getting them to invest it in the property.

It's clearly because Kazuma-san is so dreamy~

ho's be thirsty for my man Majima, and let's not act like Akiyama ain't balinnnnnnn'

RalchAC

You know that Project Diva F localization only needs to translate some menus, right? Don't expect them putting subtitles in every song in the game. Releasing the game in the west is probably a lot cheaper than an open world game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Man I'm hyped. Kenzan! is my favorite, nice to see a spiritual successor to it. I will import this anyway as usual.

I agree. Kenzan is my favorite, too. None of the other RGG games come close.

So, I'm guessing by the name (維新) that it's going to be set at the start of the Meiji era?

fvng

Anyone have that photo of series creator Toshihiro Nagoshi sitting on a throne in a full white suit while judging a contest of hostess girls for Yakuza 4? It's incredibly difficult to find.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Anyone have that photo of series creator Toshihiro Nagoshi sitting on a throne in a full white suit while judging a contest of hostess girls for Yakuza 4? It's incredibly difficult to find.

21ys1knrfq.jpg

Took about 5 seconds googling Nagoshi hostesses. :p

So, I'm guessing by the name (維新) that it's going to be set at the start of the Meiji era?

Sakamoto
died in 1867, so actually this game will end with the beginning of the Meiji Era

you lucky dog!! take a pic & put it on your twitter!

and i forgot bout pretty-boy Daigo, no surprises there

I got some pics but I have to transfer them to my PC first :p
(Still no smartphone :| )

I really should play Kenzan next year!

IrishNinja

i see you Tizocs

nice! would make me buy a ps4 day one if they announce it as a launch title

you know, hate to bring that talk in here but im on the fence about keeping my PS4 preorder just cause im gonna need the $ and there's not much for me at launch...but if we magically had some assurance of this making it over during the first year or so, i'd stay just for that

Top Bottom