• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Ishin announced

I really feel that it's now or never for a possible Yakuza 5 announcement.
Yakuza fans are all alert from this recent announcement and Gamescom is around the corner, all the eyes that matter will be watching in these days.

If we get to next Sunday with no news I'm giving up hope :/

IrishNinja

again, i totally get this mentality, and would start eyeing import copies of 5 (man play-asia is way too high right now, and i knew i should've bit when 1/2 HD was like $40)...but again, though for different reasons, 2 showed up over here crazy-late, and also during a new gen where said system was very commonly not BC either! so...there's that!

That's cool, that's cool. I look forward to never being able to play it unless I learn Japanese.

Still convinced Y5 will make its way over here.

Dantis

I really feel that it's now or never for a possible Yakuza 5 announcement.
Yakuza fans are all alert from this recent announcement and Gamescom is around the corner, all the eyes that matter will be watching in these days.

Screw Y5, it's all about Ishin now!

You know Japanese anyway though, right?

again, i totally get this mentality, and would start eyeing import copies of 5 (man play-asia is way too high right now, and i knew i should've bit when 1/2 HD was like $40)...but again, though for different reasons, 2 showed up over here crazy-late, and also during a new gen where said system was very commonly not BC either! so...there's that!

Well, Phoenix Wright VS Professor Layton got announced after I had already given up, so there's still hope :p

Screw Y5, it's all about Ishin now!

You know Japanese anyway though, right?

Studying now, Yakuza games have heavy lingo and slang though, so it'll take a long time before I'd be able to play them without external help.

Tizoc

Let them laugh at me if they want, I will never stop BELIEVING that Yakuza 5 localization is coming.
...and even if it doesn't, we're never gonna see Haruka Komaki Parry fools, like in that 'game hack' video of Yakuza 5 which is more depressing to me than no localization =P

Yaqoub

Is ThePatrick still making translation guides/walkthroughs? His work on the Kenzan! translation walkthrough was absolutely amazing, my experience with the game would have never been awesome without it.

Hung_real

Let them laugh at me if they want, I will never stop BELIEVING that Yakuza 5 localization is coming.
...and even if it doesn't, we're never gonna see Haruka Komaki Parry fools, like in that 'game hack' video of Yakuza 5 which is more depressing to me than no localization =P

Yakuza 4k collection

Believe

is there an "asian version" of Yakuza 5? with english subs?

the thing is, even if it does come out next year in english.. its like.. i wanna switch to ps4, but games like lightning returns are trying to stop me. lol

IrishNinja

let's not get crazy now, Haruka-chan still has to dance her way into your heart~

marvel_brofist.png

Is ThePatrick still making translation guides/walkthroughs? His work on the Kenzan! translation walkthrough was absolutely amazing, my experience with the game would have never been awesome without it.

according to his profile on gamefaqs, he did one for Y4 back in 2011, so kinda
but seriously, you guys need to keep an eye on KHH subs, his Kenzan! work was so much better in recent times

if there was, pal

there'd be a big ol' OT for it round these parts

BY THIS GUY

THIS GUY RIGHT HERE BRO

the thing is, even if it does come out next year in english.. its like.. i wanna switch to ps4, but games like lightning returns are trying to stop me. lol

There's an Asian version, but no English subs. Asian games generally only have English options if the game is out in the US/Europe as well.

Ryoma Sakamoto?

Man, living in Nagasaki for the past four years means I've more than had my fill of that guy and his adventures.

This is gonna have to do something super crazy with the character for me to get on board. Hahaha.

Tizoc

The Bakumatsu era tends to have some really moving or tear jerking moments.
I look forward to this game giving people the feels.

Tizoc

The closest I'd want of a 'mobile' Yakuza game is the PSP series either getting a 3rd entry on the Vita, or a remake of 1 and 2 on the Vita with more cats to take home with you.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
That's cool, that's cool. I look forward to never being able to play it unless I learn Japanese.

Still convinced Y5 will make its way over here.

Learn Japanese then! You really shouldn't miss out on this (or Kenzan for that matter. Go get that)

DryvBy

I'd be fine if they didn't ship this to the US/UK if they put English options in the game. Really want to play this...

Persona86

Banned
Oh man if this is a Kenzan style PS4 game and if we get Yakuza 5 at gamescom I will be in heaven.

Kenzan was a beautiful game, it came out before Yakuza 3, but a lot of the game looked better IMO.

jett

D-Member
Definitely more interested in another Samurai Yakuza game, even though I never played Kenzan(or 3, 4 or 5 :p).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
あまりにも多くの仕事.

Yeah, but it's useful. ;)

Oh man if this is a Kenzan style PS4 game and if we get Yakuza 5 at gamescom I will be in heaven.

Kenzan was a beautiful game, it came out before Yakuza 3, but a lot of the game looked better IMO.

And played better. In general, I thought it was a better game overall.

IrishNinja

again, i know it's not ideal, but us round-eyed baka gaijin dogs still have options when it comes to these games...i can't keep linking my thread this much, i think there's a rule

you're definitely not alone there - i finally got around to it last year, and it's an absolutely gorgeous game. 3 looked nice for its time, but i'm so impressed that this was a 2008 title, honestly. the nighttime festivities of the main village were so cool.

BadWolf

Might be Vita, Nagoshi did express interest in making a Yakuza game for it at one point. Too early for another console game I think.

Top Bottom