• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yooka Laylee first trailer, delayed to 2017

singhr1

Looking great so far

I'm starting to prepare myself to hear "Delayed to 2017" a lot over the next couple of weeks

-MD-

R3s0jbv.png

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hoping they nail down performance on consoles. The fact that it's Unity continues to worry me since we've yet to see a single Unity game with visuals this complex run well on consoles (or heck, even the PC, really). Hoping all of the latest Unity updates will have made a difference here.

thefro

Oh man, that looks good.

I guess they are hamstrung to the Wii U due to Kickstarter. What a shame, but maybe it forces them to be more focused in their design.

They picked Unity before they even decided to do a Kickstarter.

It made sense to have a Wii U version given the fanbase for platformers on Nintendo's consoles.

Jeez this looks pretty awesome, does this have funding outside of the kickstarter?
I mean it has to right? Because if it doesn't my salt levels about MN9 will surge.

Yes, they had some of their own funding. But obviously this is a passion project for them and the team is really experienced in making these sorts of games.

Son Of D

I won't be surprised if they've got a NX version planned. Probably just can't say anything until the official reveal.

Crayolan

I knew from day 1 it'd be delayed so that's no surprise. The real surprise is that it's only delayed into Q1 2017.

Game looks great.

Ze delay, it hurts.

I accept it though. Just make platformers great again, Playtonic.

Also wouldn't be a Rare revival without a few delays. I'm sure that joke's been made 18 1/2 times already.

MrBadger

Delay is unsurprising. I'm actually glad because I wasn't sure they'd be able to make a full game to the quality of everything they've shown by the end of 2016. Excited as hell for this

nynt9

The pop in looked pretty rough at parts. Otherwise looks fine. With this type of game it's all about how it actually feels to play, but the trailer looks promising.

ChaosXVI

Looks fantastic! I love just how blatant it is about being a Banjo-Kazooie game. Somehow I forgot that the logo even uses the same font.

However I'm even more pumped to hear the soundtrack to this game. Kirkhope and Wise together sounds more appealing than chocolate and peanut butter!

I wonder what they were waiting for. Hopefully not E3. This is the time to get your trailer out there instead of it being lost amongst the masses.

The Playtonic twitter tweeted something about Monday its likely this one site just jumped the gun early is all.

Oneself

Finally. Watching a 3D platformer trailer for current gen feels kind of surreal.
I could do without that music though.

Salty Hippo

Didn't like the trailer very much. Editing is poor, gameplay segments seem very randomly selected and it doesn't look like a particularly fun game to control. Animation could be better. Game still has a techdemo feel to me, doesn't look a far cry from the original kickstarter trailer like it should.

I'll play the shit out of it of course, but I was expecting a little more from the first true reveal.

Zyrox

Looks great. Can't wait to play a true 3D platformer again. Also lol at that N&B jab at the end. Gotta love their humor.

Top Bottom