• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshida: Gravity Rush 2 for PS4 decision was made "very early" in development

Correct decision

bestcharacter6goaz.gif

bestworldhay56.gif

bestcharacter2udrr3.gif

not sure how anyone who truly loved the first game couldn't agree :) ...

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops

We kind of knew this after the strange announcement omitted the platforms.
Nobody needs to pretend to be an expert at reading announcements when Yoshida has said that SCE will not make any more big budget games for the Vita.

So they are selling a portable to consumers who are in reality throwing money in the trash bin
Plenty of third party games are still coming in 2016, and heck some are even in 2017. It isn't a dead platform in games, just in sales. Vita had the second highest games count at TGS after PS4, which was double from TGS 2014.

Kumo

I think the trailer speaks for itself. Good decision. Sucks for Vita only fans. Loved the first one on the Vita myself.

Tratorn

Best decision they could've made. :)
Vita can do nice things, but it'll still take 2 gens until HHs can really do open world games without cutting too much potential.

Anko

Watching the very informal Japan studio channel nico stream, Toyama said that back during GR1, due to the fact that he had to put the game out during Vita's early days, they couldn't fit the whole original story in (presumably due to lack of time). So he kinda felt that he had to put out a sequel soon after release on the Vita. That was when PS4 info started coming in and he started looking into doing a multi platform release (PS4&PSV). Once he made it native PS4 however, he lost any desire to put it on the Vita because then he would have to make compromises. He then apologised.

Yoshida did tell Toyama that he received a lot of angry tweets from foreign Vita fans asking "why the hell isn't it on Vita." There was also talk about a certain pair of brothers in the TGS catalog years ago and senior producer Nagai's superior back then getting called to a certain building in Kyoto but that's not relevant here lol.

Jigolo

Well after finishing the Gravity Rush on Vita a few years back I couldn't help but think it should've been on a console where I could control it better so this is a very good move. I can't wait to play GR:R with proper controls

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Well after finishing the Gravity Rush on Vita a few years back I couldn't help but think it should've been on a console where I could control it better so this is a very good move. I can't wait to play GR:R with proper controls

I really like how they will now allow both motion gyro controls and stick controls as a choice. So great

GeoramA

Thank god. Tried playing multiple open-world games on a smaller mobile screen, but just can't do it. That's why I'm thrilled GR Remastered is happening.

Kayant

Of course it had nothing to do with incredibly poor worldwide PS Vita sales, it's always about finding the perfect platform. I applaud the decision to make the new game for the PS4, but I wish there was less PR talk and more honesty.

At the same time what he said could have also played a role in the decision.

Walpurgis

Banned
Nobody needs to pretend to be an expert at reading announcements when Yoshida has said that SCE will not make any more big budget games for the Vita.

I think he said that after Gravity Daze 2 was announced but yeah, it couldn't be more clear that it's over.

Squire

Banned
It's already the most unique looking open-world game in development that's been revealed. It's definitely the perfect game to really utilize the system's power.

Now where is my NA announcement?

Seriously what the fuck is up with that? Why is this still not on the NA channels?

Well yeah. Only people delusional that the Vita version was "cancelled" are people that don't want to accept a certain thing.

Well to be fair, Gravity Rush 2 was never announced explicitely for Vita, was it ? I mean, I don't remember the first trailer to mention Vita at all.

The first trailer literally only mentioned it would be on a Playstation platform. So yeah there was no platform even back then.

GameE

I was bummed at first when I first heard about it. But then I saw the trailer and understood. It's probably a good thing it's on PS4 since the Vita can't do what that trailer showed.

Top Bottom