• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshinori Ono: Wii U will differ greatly from E3. Many more possibilities.

Sayah

6sxvdu.gif

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I suspect a lot of game design flexibility will come from the gyros in the Screen Pad Pro. I was always skeptical about the gyros/motion sensing in the six-axis on PS3... in games that use it, the gyro sensitivity just doesn't seem very good.

But to draw a comparison, the gyro sensor in the 3DS is incredibly sensitive and responsive. It works wonders for functions like a fine tuning an aiming reticle and holding it steady. If the Wii U controller is as sensitive as the 3DS, I want to see it used for stuff like that.

Appleman

I suspect a lot of game design flexibility will come from the gyros in the Screen Pad Pro. I was always skeptical about the gyros/motion sensing in the six-axis on PS3... in games that use it, the gyro sensitivity just doesn't seem very good.

But to draw a comparison, the gyro sensor in the 3DS is incredibly sensitive and responsive. It works wonders for functions like a fine tuning an aiming reticle and holding it steady. If the Wii U controller is as sensitive as the 3DS, I want to see it used for stuff like that.

And I think this is also augmented by the fact that the SixAxis doesn't have a screen, and the whole gyro thing can be a lot more immersive when you are rotating the screen as well.

EDIT: Since when am I not a Junior? Nice.

oldskool

I predict that the Upad will be completely portable, allowing connection to a wifi hotspot. They'll try to encourage portability with prizes, spotpass experiences, Augmented Reality, and internet connectivity. I hope it has a good battery life.

I predict that the Upad will be completely portable, allowing connection to a wifi hotspot. They'll try to encourage portability with prizes, spotpass experiences, Augmented Reality, and internet connectivity. I hope it has a good battery life.

..and take away sales from the 3DS? Are you crazy?

apana

Wii mote with an analog stick and nunchuk will somehow be able to fit into a U-Pad, kind of like completing or breaking apart a puzzle. The analog stick on each one will provide the analog sticks for the complete U-Pad.

Adr1an

Still on the Fence about the WII-U from what I've seen, hopefully he is right and E3 shows the system in a better light for me.

JazzmanZ

If Nintendo vs. Capcom Is confirmed.

I'm motherfucking making the OT for it.
God knows how long I've wanted this to happen.

watershed

Banned
I have no idea what to make of this quote. To be honest I'm not sure what surprise features the wii u could have that would make me think "wow that's new" or "I've never seen this done before". Hopefully Nintendo has thought up a few. I will say the 3ds has a couple of great features that I didn't expect.

I'm anti-hyped because of the move away from the pointer and towards a giant ass dual analog pad. I hope there's something else to this thing. I want to be hyped because I'll end up buying it for Mario and Pikmin anyway.

I'm anti-hyped because of the move away from the pointer and towards a giant ass dual analog pad. I hope there's something else to this thing. I want to be hyped because I'll end up buying it for Mario and Pikmin anyway.

There's still pointer controls avaliable.

"Available" isn't emphasizing them though. I wish it was the primary control method. Plus, we don't even know if there's a Wiimote in the box. Here's hoping.

I'm pretty sure there will be. Their E3 demo used the Wii Remote enough (like in the Wii U golf game where you looked down at the second screen to swing at your ball). Remember that the Wii U controller is a portable sensor bar
plus a suspiciously eyetoy/kinect-like device when you have it so set up
, so it's built to work with the Wii Remote Plus fairly tightly from the get go.

This isn't a confirmed guarantee thing, but it seems pretty cut and dry from my subjective perspective.

I seem to recall that last year when the Project Cafe rumors were in full force, there was a podcast by some video game journalists where an editor said there was still one more feature that was being kept secret (outside of the tablet controller) that "Nintendo fans in particular will absolutely love". And he wouldn't say anything else about it. Wonder if this is connected? He seemed to insinuate it was a pretty wild idea. Anyone else remember?

I seem to recall that last year when the Project Cafe rumors were in full force, there was a podcast by some video game journalists where an editor said there was still one more feature that was being kept secret (outside of the tablet controller) that "Nintendo fans in particular will absolutely love". And he wouldn't say anything else about it. Wonder if this is connected? He seemed to insinuate it was a pretty wild idea. Anyone else remember?

It was one of the 1Up podcasts, yes.
He made a nice article on what the Wii U would do.
http://www.1up.com/news/nintendo-stream-console

Thores

My level of anticipation for the Wii U is pretty lowish right now, but Nintendo x/vs Capcom would be a day one system seller for me.

This would almost be as big as Smash Bros. news.
Eh... I'd rather see them focusing on Smash. Getting that right is more important than getting trolled by Ono for two years in some CapcomxNintendo Dojo.

It would blow GAF the fuck up though.
and the question after that is, how would it play? Like Smash Bros, Street Fighter/Marvel vs. Capcom or a mix of both?
It'll play like the better fighting game of the three. It also coincidentally happens to be the best selling fighter of the three too.

guldakot

The PC my friend.
I have to ask is there actually a decent fighting community on the pc? I know the games are on pc (well some of them) but I don't personally know anyone who plays them there. Fighting games, much like sports games, have their home on the consoles it seems to me. (cept in the arcade where they really belong :) fighting games that is.)

Top Bottom