• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshi's Land Wii U Listing up on Future Shop

Hate to say this, but I don't think Nintendo has it in em. The masses are appeased with NSMB.

If they have it in them to do this:

B003ZCH7DI.02.lg.jpg

I BELIEVE.

If they have it in them to do this:

B003ZCH7DI.02.lg.jpg

I BELIEVE.

Seriously, the NSMB team has nothing to do with their other platformers. Weird how people have a 1 year memory span and already forgot this:

B003ZHMMEM.03.lg.jpg

Nintendo's artstyles and music in like everything they do is generally amazing. NSMB is some weird anomaly where the reject artists and composers go or someting.

TreIII

New 2D game from Good Feel? New 3D game from EAD/Retro?

I honestly don't care which is used. All I know is that I REALLY, REALLY want this to happen.

Tyeforce

The fact that the description says absolutely nothing at all about the game and is something that can apply to any type of Yoshi game that appears on Wii U is further reason to believe that this isn't real. This isn't the first time a retailer has jumped on a false rumor like this. Why are people so quick to believe it this time? That's all I'm wondering. The pictures of the Miiverse "debug" menu are very obviously mockups. Or I guess we should expect to see Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise posting in Miiverse and Metroid, Flipnote Studio, Donkey Kong, Soul Hackers, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, and Final Fantasy 3 to be hitting Wii U soon, too?

The fact that the description says absolutely nothing at all about the game and is something that can apply to any type of Yoshi game that appears on Wii U is further reason to believe that this isn't real. This isn't the first time a retailer has jumped on a false rumor like this. Why are people so quick to believe it this time? That's all I'm wondering. The pictures of the Miiverse "debug" menu are very obviously mockups. Or I guess we should expect to see Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise posting in Miiverse and Metroid, Flipnote Studio, Donkey Kong, Soul Hackers, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, and Final Fantasy 3 to be hitting Wii U soon, too?

Two separate retailers? With two separate descriptions? Both appearing on the same night, although apparently based upon a GAF post made a week and a half beforehand?

No one's necessarily denying that it was a debug menu that was accessed, but the cards are hitting the table too conveniently for this to be written off, for me.

randomkid

Yup, everything's lining up for an imminent Soul Hackers announcement! Matches nicely with rumors from trustworthy folks about good news coming soon too.

Special Stars for Soul Hackers and Yoshi Land, Miiverse mock up people know what's up.

Tyeforce

Two separate retailers? With two separate descriptions? Both appearing on the same night, although apparently based upon a GAF post made a week and a half beforehand?

No one's necessarily denying that it was a debug menu that was accessed, but the cards are hitting the table too conveniently for this to be written off, for me.
First reply:
Note that listings on both FS.ca and BB.ca don't count as corroboration since they are the same, essentially
I didn't know that they were essentially the same, but reading the descriptions, that makes sense. They were both obviously written by the same person or team because they both misspell Miiverse as "MiiVerse" and both oddly say "Wii U Touchscreen GamePad."

Yes, a debug menu was accessed. But what was accessed via that debug menu was a mockup, clearly. How are people looking at these images and honestly thinking that they're anything but a mockup?!

I mean, really, c'mon?

zroid

Banned

Just bear in mind that for all intents and purposes future shop and best buy Canada are the same retailer under different names. So it's less convincing than many might think. Still, this is neogaf, I BELIEVE all the same!

Edit: beaten by my own post getting quoted lol

Seriously, the NSMB team has nothing to do with their other platformers. Weird how people have a 1 year memory span and already forgot this:

B003ZHMMEM.03.lg.jpg

Nintendo's artstyles and music in like everything they do is generally amazing. NSMB is some weird anomaly where the reject artists and composers go or someting.

You illustrate your point using an example from Nintendo's most talented developer, whom is most likely working on something else completely. They are the exception to the rule. Wario Land Shake It and Kirby Epic Yarn looked so good but were oh-so boring.

nickcv

honestly both quotes are as much vague as they can get... they are just listing wii u default capabilities and nothing else... nothing really regarding the game.

imho they know absolutely nothing about it.

chrono01

Errr, I have a smirk the size of the moon right now. That "style" is not similar to Yoshi's Island, it's copied from Starry Night - get your art right, people.
Considering Yoshi's Island had almost a "painting" quality to it, yes, I feel that similar artstyle could suit the game well. Despite Painted Swampland being an homage to Starry Night, I still feel that the level could be used as a basis for the new Yoshi's Island. I didn't mean to imply that the level was based purely on Yoshi's Island, but simply that it could adapt that same look.

I mean, compare the shading on the pipes in the original YI and Painted Swampland [NSMBU].

Yoshi's Island [SNES]:

http://sydlexia.com/imagesandstuff/snes100/snes15.png

New Super Mario Bros. U [Wii U]:

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/6/64/Ghost_Painting_MarioWiiU.png

They look very similar, and if they did a whole game with the same look [especially the background in Painted Swampland], it could look AMAZING!

Thraktor

You illustrate your point using an example from Nintendo's most talented developer, whom is most likely working on something else completely. They are the exception to the rule. Wario Land Shake It and Kirby Epic Yarn looked so good but were oh-so boring.

This post is full of lies. Dirty, dirty lies.

Slightly more seriously, the graphics in Epic Yarn were made from actual photos of fabrics and threads and the like. They should do the same for Yoshi, but with scans of actual crayon drawings. Hell, when Yoshi eats an enemy they could have the enemy crumple into a little paper ball as Yoshi's tongue sucks it in. Sort of like a 2D Paper Yoshi, but with actual paper.

?oe?oe

First reply:
Yes, a debug menu was accessed. But what was accessed via that debug menu was a mockup, clearly. How are people looking at these images and honestly thinking that they're anything but a mockup?!
I never realised it's the same Mii for everyone. Haha.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Do retailers often put up product entries and descriptions based on internet rumor, instead of what publishers tell them what's coming out?

Trike

I have no doubt that what was accessed was a mock-up, as far as the administrative options at least. However..

That wasn't the full menu. If I scrolled there was separate section with a whole bunch of different links. Unlike the ones in the picture the titles were incomplete URLs. That is how I got to the new communities that had the game titles, including Yoshi's Land. I don't think that part was mock-up. It looked more like they were testing out the new communities. I am not too sure about stuff like "Resident Evils", but stuff like Yoshi's Land Wii U or Soul Hackers looked pretty legit. If nothing happens around December 10th then I guess it really was just a mock-up.

Besides the NSMB series, what Nintendo series right now has as bland an artstyle as the NSMB series? Nintendo has like 4 platformer teams. EAD4 (who makes the NSMB series and wouldn't be working on this because they just got done with NSMBU and 2), HAL which there could be a possibility but they are probably working on a new Kirby game, Good Feel ( a very likely candidate), EAD Tokyo (unless this is a 3d game its not happening), and recently Retro who is probably not with the staff they have.

My point is that people are scared the style would be terrible shouldn't be worried because the only team that would do that isn't going to be making it.

kitsuneyo

I came to post this but I would never have put it so well

Besides the NSMB series, what Nintendo series right now has as bland an artstyle as the NSMB series? Nintendo has like 4 platformer teams. EAD4 (who makes the NSMB series and wouldn't be working on this because they just got done with NSMBU and 2), HAL which there could be a possibility but they are probably working on a new Kirby game, Good Feel ( a very likely candidate), EAD Tokyo (unless this is a 3d game its not happening), and recently Retro who is probably not with the staff they have.

My point is that people are scared the style would be terrible shouldn't be worried because the only team that would do that isn't going to be making it.

I didn't say anything about style.

PhantomR

Banned

B003ZHMMEM.03.lg.jpg

Yet the BADASS level designers and boss designers stay. And that's all that matters when it comes to Mario :)

Top Bottom