• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshi's Land Wii U Listing up on Future Shop

Rootbeer

Banned
Withholding all excitement. Anytime Nintendo puts the word "Land" in one of its game titles its usually a direct replacement for the word "lite"

Withholding all excitement. Anytime Nintendo puts the word "Land" in one of its game titles its usually a direct replacement for the word "lite"

I wouldn't argue Super Mario 3D Land was lite anything.

It wasn't entirely to my tastes, but I never got the feeling that it didn't have Nintendo's full attention brought to the table.

Meelow

Banned
Yoshis Land

?

shocked.gif

Tenki

Didn't Reggie say that we don't know everything about the launch window yet? Implying there were more games to come.

Davey Cakes

A Yoshi-focused 3D platformer utilizing the Yoshi gameplay of Super Mario Galaxy 2 taken to the next level would be wonderful.

Such a thing probably won't happen. But we may get something just as good or better.

New game leaks/announcements are always exciting. Can't wait to hear more.

Seik

Banned
Okay, I was cautious when that guy that accidently hacked the Miiverse mentionned it.

But now...man, its hard not to be hyped. D:

GoodFeel would make this game look amazing, but Artoon x Nintendo did a great job of making Yoshi's Island DS actually challenging. Not sure if GoodFeel would be up for that.

A Yoshi-focused 3D platformer utilizing the Yoshi gameplay of Super Mario Galaxy 2 taken to the next level would be wonderful.

That would be the best, but they're not going to make a pointer-based platformer, unfortunately.

I'm in. With stellar relaunches of Mario and DKC, I always thought the Wii needed a Yoshi game. Hope this turns out to be something special.

Before everyone is getting all super happy about this, let's not forget the N64 game.
Or touch n go, or tipsy turvy, or any yoshi game since yoshis island. Granted the DS game wasn't horrible it should've been called yoshis story 2 so expectations weren't so high.

Lyude77

I hope it has (at least optional) touch controls like Touch & Go.

Above all else, I hope it's good. YIDS was a disappointment. I generally love Yoshi though, so hopefully I'll like it.

Tyeforce

I guess those PR statements are made for people like you. They're not going to come out and say, "oops you accessed something no one was supposed to see, our bad." Of course they're going to try and cover it up, even if it is just a load of bull. Sure it could be a mockup, but you have to keep an open mind.
Of course they're not going to say that, no. But it doesn't quite add up. It makes perfect sense for it to be a mockup. Like I said, they were using fake celebrity Miis and everything. It wasn't meant to be anything real. Even if it was really the debug menu or whatever and not just a mockup, that doesn't mean that the game listing is actually an unannounced game. It makes perfect sense that it's just leftover from the old Miiverse mockup with the Yoshi icon in the WaraWara Plaza.

KwhO7.jpgp

Remember?

It seems like people are choosing to believe something that doesn't really make sense when the alternative answer (and the answer that Nintendo has given) makes perfect sense. They're not looking at the facts.

Could there really be a new Yoshi game in the works? Sure, of course. But I don't believe for a second that the listing in Miiverse means anything at all.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not trying to argue that those Miiverse menus that were accessed were truly a mockup instead of a debug menu. I'm referring to the Yoshi listing as being a mockup, not the menus. Though the whole thing does look like a mockup. Have people not seen the images?

Haunted

btw, I think Kirby's Epic Yarn was Nintendo's spiritual successor to Yoshi's Story, so I don't think we'll get a repeat of that.

Yoshi's Island SNES is one of the best Mario games ever, so here's hoping we'll get more in that vein.

Top Bottom