• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yotsuba - "You must be tired of livin'"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Speaking of which, chapter 59 is out.Yotsuba and Barbeque!

SuperPac said:
Bumping a slightly old thread...

Yen Press announced at New York Comic Con that they've got the rights to Yotsuba&! in the US. Thank god. Good to see that title get rescued from ADV who had no intention of ever continuing it, just hoped that the already-printed volumes would keep selling long enough to kickstart their anime and schlock j-film biz.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-02-07/yen-press-adds-spice-and-wolf-yotsuba&crescent-moon

YES! Saved from doom. Now I wonder what will happen to the rest of ADV's unused properties (Gunslinger Girl, probably some other things I never bothered looking at...)

SuperPac

Crazymoogle said:
YES! Saved from doom. Now I wonder what will happen to the rest of ADV's unused properties (Gunslinger Girl, probably some other things I never bothered looking at...)

Hopefully other companies will pick them up. Because ADV has no plans (or the $$$) to ever continue them.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
SuperPac said:
Hopefully other companies will pick them up. Because ADV has no plans (or the $$$) to ever continue them.
As excited as I am about Yotsuba (finally) continuing, it breaks my heart that no U.S. company is likely to pick up the rights to finish Cromartie High School.

nny said:
DAMN YOU ADV, WHERE'S MY VOLUME 6???

><

*ahem* yes, this is one of the best manga I've ever read, and the action figures are love. For example, my Danboard is into Zen gardening:

DSC03770.jpg
I need that.

Darkpen

Banned
Everyone I've ever referred Yotsuba to loves it :D Glad to hear the publishing rights have been taken, though.

nny

SuperPac said:

Yen Press announced at New York Comic Con that they've got the rights to Yotsuba&! in the US. Thank god. Good to see that title get rescued from ADV who had no intention of ever continuing it, just hoped that the already-printed volumes would keep selling long enough to kickstart their anime and schlock j-film biz.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-02-07/yen-press-adds-spice-and-wolf-yotsuba&crescent-moon

I just heard the news, made my day! The wait has been so long, I hope the new publisher gets volume 6 out soon. I need new Yotsuba stories to warm my soul.

The crew is also happy with the news...

DSC04157.jpg

..and this is Miss Koiwai's opinion on ADV's job:

DSC04158.jpg

"save your excuses for the devil" indeed. <3

Great news!

ilikeme

Ohh I've been going to read this forever. Loved Azumanga Daioh, manga and anime both. But right at the moment I can't afford even one volume :(

There's just that kind of warmth and charm that makes these a great read. Happiness extract smudged on paper <3

Oh well, maybe this summer!

Well, I have been intrigued. Problem is finding an early copy of the manga. It seems that it doesn't matter though, does it?

Ok, I went out and found a copy of the 5th volume. I came home, read a couple of chapters and loved every page. This is a fantastic series. I also found a copy of Azumanga Daioh when looking for Yotsuba&! and picked it up as well. Wonderful books with wonderful timing. Thank you guys for recommendation.

Branduil

SuperPac said:

Thank goodness, ADV was absurdly slow.

Checked the Yen+ website for updates and they have release dates on the new volumes

YOTSUBA&! Volume 6 | Coming September 2009

YOTSUBA&! Volume 7 | Coming December 2009

YOTSUBA&! Volume 8 | Coming April 2010

S. L.

Benjillion said:
Checked the Yen+ website for updates and they have release dates on the new volumes

September.. so far away :O

Joe Molotov

Benjillion said:

Can't wait.

y2dvd

Been reading this lately and loving it. I loved when she flopped and peaced out her dad lol (see pic). Such an adorable character. The episode with Danbo reminded me of the SP AWESOMEO episode lol. And her hatred with Yanda...man I hope he returns!

U888R.jpg

y2dvd

Yeah, that's unfortunately around the time they switched translators. The one before that was really great and informative.

Zissou

y2dvd said:
Yeah, that's unfortunately around the time they switched translators. The one before that was really great and informative.

It's a shame. The comic is really great, and anybody who encounters that translation will probably be soured to the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom