• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your #1 Sport Athelete of All Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beast786

MuhammadAli_2-783603.jpg

Criteria:

Personality
Record
Impact on the sport
Impact on society
Attitude
Physical accomplishment

Clara Hughes. Medalist in both summer and winter games, fantastic role model, promotes both cycling and speed skating, and an all-round cool person.

bionic77

By the OPs criteria I would have to go with Muhammad Ali because he had the best personality and ability to sell himself that I have ever seen and actually had a huge social impact.

bionic77

entrement said:
Jordan.

He pulled it off pretty well.
No, he leaned on the men with hair to win (i.e Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Phil Jackson, etc.). When he didn't have Scottie around to carry him in DC he couldn't even make the playoffs in the pathetic Eastern Conference.

Just to show I am not a Jordan hater I will admit that he was not the worst actor in Space Jam.

antonz

"Sometimes I still can't believe what I saw," said outfielder Harry Hooper, a Boston teammate of Ruth's. "This 19-year-old kid, crude, poorly educated, only lightly brushed by the social veneer we call civilization, gradually transformed into the idol of American youth and the symbol of baseball the world over -- a man loved by more people and with an intensity of feeling that perhaps has never been equaled before or since.

"I saw a man transformed into something pretty close to a god."

Pelé. Most complete football player of all times. He just could do everything. And most of all had a really nice personality and sportsmanship.

Michael Jordan was my childhood hero, but that's been being spoiled by the more I read about him now, especially after that horrible Hall of Fame speech.

giga

videotape said:
Michael Jordan was my childhood hero, but that's been being spoiled by the more I read about him now, especially after that horrible Hall of Fame speech.
That speech was perfect.

Cloudy

Banned
Los_Angeles_Lakers_3c35.JPG

- Best combination of skill and athleticism the sport has ever seen (MJ has nothing on his range and handles)
- Routinely makes shots that nobody else even THINKS about taking :lol
- My favorite move in sports is the turnaround fadeaway
- Doesn't talk too much but backs it up when he does
- His longevity and consistency is pretty impressive for a basketball player (15th season and still a top player)
- Doesn't back down from anyone and plays both ends of the floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom