• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your dream scenario for the TLOU Online cancellation fallout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaedrus

(Copied from the other thread) Here's my best outcome from this fiasco:

1) Dickmann throws temper tantrum over the cancellation and quits to join his new BFFs at HBO.

2) Bruce Straley returns, becomes new head of ND.

3) He patches things up with Amy Hennig, and convinces her to rejoin ND.

4) ND announces a complete remake of their Jak & Dakster series, with the OG creators at the helm!

AND <drumroll>

5) ND announces that they have acquired the Legacy Of Kain/Soul Reaver IP from Embracer Group, and will be remaking/reimagining the entire series!

Oh, and going forward all new ND games will be completely playable from start to finish on PSVR2!!!

Gimme your hottakes GAF!

Disney Hercules GIF by netflixlat

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Make a Dream Japan Studio, Gravity rush VR and Gravity rush 3.

and bring Jak Daxter or the new Racing F-zero style of Jak and Daxter.

The great vidya crash of 2024, wherein Sony stops making gaas and moviegames, Microsoft manages to finally kill off Blizzard for good and bow out of the Vidya industry, and someone goes back in time with a nuke and blows up Disney for good measure

Neff

- Neil Druckmann is demoted from president and made to sit in the corner of the Naughty Frog offices holding a sign saying 'I'm a stupid poopy head and I ruined TLoU'
- Everyone who worked on TLoU1 except Druckmann is made president of the company
- TLoU3 goes full steam ahead without Druckmann and reveals TLoU2 was all just a dream and follows more adventures of Joel and Ellie where Joel has become even more manly and badass and Ellie adores him without question, Abby never even existed and golf clubs are banned in the TLoU universe
- Druckmann leaves in shame, fuming at the success of TLoU3
- He goes off to make his own post-apocalyptic game about gay blind people of colour in wheelchairs and it not only flops but bankrupts him
- He dies penniless, alone, humiliated and despised for decades to come, repeating the phrase 'if only I hadn't ruined The Last of Us 2'

Vick

(Copied from the other thread)
Well I'll kind of copy mine as well.

1 - Releasing a new system seller completely devoid of any kind of controversy whatsoever.. just a pure and honest title free from politics and warranting them the "Naughty Gods" title once again, capable of incinerating haters of all kind just by the pure shine of indisputable quality.

2 - A team of super passionate people working on a new Uncharted set before Drake's Fortune, retaining U4 incredible mechanics in a more action oriented and completely self aware over the top title, with 20ish years old Drake as protagonist, Sully and Eddie and Rika as companions.

H9arRiP.gif

3 - Or alternatively, a Remake of Golden Abyss. Just give me more of U4 gameplay for fuck sake, in lush jungles and exotic places better looking than everything else.

Thank you.

Santa Claus Kiss GIF by CBeebies HQ

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

The team at Naughty Dog gets so battered down by the cancellation they go clinically insane and fights internally in search of a new project to produce. Neil Druckmann feels an overwhelming responsibility for what happened and in hopes of reigniting the teams passion for creating games, he secretly goes on a mission to repossess a nostalgic property that was once the beacon of light for Naughty Dog; Crash Bandicoot. He storms off to Activision/Blizzard, armed to the teeth with so many weapons it would make Ellie blush, and then kicks down the door to Bobby Koticks office.

al pacino scarface GIF

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Release Last of Us Part III with a factions mode and release a new IP.

People put Amy Hennig and Bruce Straley on too high of a pedestal. They haven't done much after leaving ND.

Those cartoony single-player games should be dedicated to a small team or different studio because those games are going to be niche.

Vick

Those cartoony single-player games should be dedicated to a small team or different studio because those games are going to be niche.
An action blockbuster with the protagonist of games selling 40 million of copies though..

People are starving more than ever in history for adrenaline inducing shit with manly protagonists, Top Gun: Maverick recently proven this.
And what ND already have couldn't be any more fucking perfect.

695319e6c5d67b3010b8411c656c4c50.png

It's easy money, easy reception, easy success, easy redemption. Shit writes itself.

Repair relationship with North and the original cast, bring back Edmonson, bring back the magic.

Make bank, regain hearts.

barry sloane revenge GIF by HULU

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
In another gaming industry first, Naughty Dog becomes the first studio to release of a remake of a game that's been canceled. Sources tell us that there have been behind closed doors talks about an HBO doc called "Behind the Sticks," detailing the inception, leak, release, re-release, and remaster of the remake of the reboot of the reimagining of The Last of Us, Part I - Turbo Edition

Neff

Release Last of Us Part III with a factions mode and release a new IP.

People put Amy Hennig and Bruce Straley on too high of a pedestal. They haven't done much after leaving ND.

I'm pretty sure this is a joke thread but you're right. Straley's contributions to the series are valid, but Hennig never even touched the series despite many wanting her to 'return' to TLoU, in addition to being a hugely overrated writer imo.

At least some of this stuff will certainly make it into TLoU3.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
An action blockbuster with the protagonist of games selling 40 million of copies though..

People are starving more than ever in history for adrenaline inducing shit with manly protagonists, Top Gun: Maverick recently proven this.
And what ND already have couldn't be any more fucking perfect.

It's easy money, easy reception, easy success, easy redemption. Shit writes itself.

Repair relationship with North and the original cast, bring back Edmonson, bring back the magic.

barry sloane revenge GIF by HULU

An Uncharted title will sell.

But games like Jak and Daxter? It might not even be nearly as popular as Ratchet and Clank.

Sony is rumored to be working with Sega and Bandai to develop games for them. They would be better suited to be working on their smaller IPs for them instead of Naughty Dog.

Fbh

Druckmann was more involved in Factions than we knew so the only SP game that's far enough into development to release this gen isn't by him.
So the new ND game this gen goes back to being a fun action packed ride where the "cinematic" aspect refers to cool gameplay setpiece moments instead of awful pacing and tons of boring, barley interactive story sequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom