• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite racing game from the 7th generation?

PGR4. Its city environments and weather effects are still amazing to behold. Quebec in the snow, or New York in the rain are just beautiful. Also, nobody's been able to copy PGR's handling, which is arcadey but feels sim in its precision, and plays perfectly on a normal controller.

jem0208

Probably already posted this in the thread but easily Forza Horizon.

Also one of my favourite games ever. MS better be announcing Forza Horizon 2 this E3.

BibiMaghoo

GT5 for sim, Burnout Paradise for arcade.

GT5 was not all it could be, but was still the best sim I played. Burnout was really special, and blew expectations out of the park and beyond. The game was clearly built with much love for what was being done, and the post launch support was some of the best I have ever seen
unless you have it on PC

Fox Mulder

An early one:

Test_Drive_Unlimited_boxart.jpg

this game sold me on Live more than anything else. A huge open world where people can race or cruise around together. I spent over 100 hours on it.

It was still early where Live wasn't filled with as many racist spewing assholes or people didn't keep to themselves with party chat.

Shame Atari didn't have the budget to do more with it. Forza horizon was great, but didn't even try to touch on the same scale, online integration, or environmental variety.

ironcreed

Banned
Horizon is still my favorite overall, but I did finally buy GT6 the other day. It's quite exquisite and is a nice little bump up from GT5 in terms of presentation and even handling. It's right up there for me.

Farks!

Driver: San Francisco

Funny thing is, I'm a little conflicted about it since it isn't a true Driver game in the series classical sense. I loved the original Driver games because they were more about technical and agile driving in city enviorments rather than open road racing, which made it distinct from other racing games. They changed that formula with SF and made it more straightforward with wide, open roads and forgiving crash physics. Still, it's a very solid arcade racing game and it was the first driving game I truly enjoyed in years.

chepu

Bought a PS3 back in 2008 for GT5

My favorite games turned out to be Forza Motorsport 4 and Forza Horizon and Test Drive Unlimited.

Also I loved DiRT 1 and 2, GRID, Import Tuner Challenge, NFS Shift 1&2 and GT5 Prologue.

I dont know why, but I had way more fun playing GT5 Prologue than the Full GT5 :/

and now since im used to the great sounds of Forza I cant play another Gran Turismo until they fix that. bummer, used to love the GT franchise to death.

xrnzaaas

Forza Motorsport 4. I didn't count, but I'm pretty sure I spent a lot more than 1000 hours playing it.

I would also like to include Forza Horizon as a honorable mention - it was also extremely fun to play, but it didn't have so much content (cars and events) to spend so many hours playing it and not getting bored.

iNvid02

hot pursuit 2010, arcade bliss.

loved everything about it, shame the series has gone straight downhill since then

bjork

Test Drive Unlimited. That race that's one lap around the island is the most fun I've had with a mission or a race in a game, probably ever. Shame that TDU2 was pushed in the social direction and was a lesser game for it.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Wipeout HD and the original Motorstorm.

Vorg

Banned
Hydro Thunder Hurricane
Motorstorm (all of them)
PGR4
Ridge Racer 6 and 7
Wipeout HD Fury

On a side note, I wish there was a version of Asphalt 8 for the ps3. It's one of the best arcade racers out there, and easily on par with anything on consoles. It blows my mind that a game like that is exclusive to mobile platforms.

Top Bottom