• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite racing game from the 7th generation?

The one I played the most was Forza 2. At the time the feature set was amazing. Forza 4 is amazing but I havent put nearly as much time into it.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed gets an honorable mention. I usually not a fan of kart racers, but this game takes some serious skill and practice.

Pathos

Banned
Forza Horizon.
Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

Zalman

Burnout Paradise
Mario Kart DS/Wii
Modnation Racers
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift/Apocalypse
Need for Speed: Most Wanted/Hot Pursuit
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Wipeout HD

jabuseika

Most Played: Gran Turismo 5

Most fun/hour: Race Driver: Grid

Most enjoyable: Colin McRae: Dirt

Most Arcadey fun: MotorStorm: Apocalypse / Burnout Paradise

I forgot Burnout Paradise. Ok Two way Tie.

Split Second was a blast, I prefer arcade style racers.

I liked Burnout Paradise, but one of my first 360 games was Burnout Revenge, and it was sweeeeeeeeeeet.

amar212

Gran Turismo 5 #1

Test Drive Unlimited #2

Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends #3

Forza Motorsport #4

Driver: San Francisco #5

Foshy

4-way-tie between Blur, Burnout Paradise, Driver San Francisco and Wipeout HD. Each one of those was awesome in its own way.

Forza 4 was great too from the little I've played. GT5 and 6 have fun gameplay but I despise the menus so much that they make me not want to play them (though 6 is better in that regard)

Massively disappointed with everything Codemasters has put out expect maybe the DiRT games.

Burnout Paradise, easily. Large map, arcade racing, fantastic music, open world, fun challenges, etc. Easily the best driving *and fucking around while driving* multiplayer of the generation.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Hard to choose between FM2 and FM4.

FM4 was better in every way except T10 refused to put system link back in and they still haven't given a single reason as to why it was removed in the first place.

Had countless hours fun running system link races in FM2.

Burnout Paradise

Closing in on 1,000 hours in that game and have loved every bit of it. Even though I've done everything there is to do (all achievements, all online challenges), I still have a blast online playing with and helping others. I also managed to get into the top 500 worldwide in ranked for a good while. Not only my favorite racing game of that gen but one of the favorite games period of that gen. Amazing game.

Mario Kart Wii, my favorite Mario Kart and my 2nd favorite racing game ever (first being F-Zero GX).

The thing is, I wasn't even a big Mario Kart fan before then, but the Wii version has amazing and imaginative tracks (love bouncing on those mushrooms and doing tricks), the high speed, and 32 tracks to spend my time in (as opposed to 16-20 like all old iterations besides MK:DS) really swayed me.

Next may be Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed. I didn't like the demo, but the game is actually really great and filled with variety.

Puru

Wipeout HD and Sonic Transforming were pretty good.

Also liked Mario Kart DS and disliked it, disliked because snaking was imo pretty dumb, liked because you could avoid the blue shells :<

dralla

No particular order. Burnout Paradise, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, and WipEout HD. A new MotorStorm would benefit so much from the extra horse power of the PS4. Give it to me.

Zemm

Blur. It might be the best racing game I've played period. Basically everything racing by Bizarre Creations was top tier, gaming is definitely worse off nowadays without them.

Platy

1)MK Wii (That revolution mod doesn't hurt either)

2)Burnout (loose for being mostly single player)

3)Sonic Kart Transformed. Too bad the other versions didn't received half the love the pc version has

I'm struggling to think of the ones I actually played, there didn't seem to be as much that caught my eye as in the gen previous to that one. PRG4 because it's one of the only ones that springs to mind I guess. Was a great game too. Pure was pretty cool too as that was the first game of the gen I played and even on an sdtv I was quite wowed by the graphics.

Top Bottom