• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite racing game from the 7th generation?

TheOGB

Banned
Sonic_%26_All-Stars_Racing_Transformed_box_artwork.png

One of my top 3 favorite racers ever.

Sonic Transformed might be my favorite ever. There's nothing like it, and who knows if they'll make another. Drifting while side flipping forward to shave off precious seconds is too fun. The Panzer Dragoon flying challenge could be, by itself, the basis for an entire game that I would love.

PGR3. I think 4 was a better game but I didn't play it as much as I did 3, it was fantastic and I had a good group of friends to play it with too

Haunted

Burnout Paradise
Split/Second
Race Driver GRID

on paper, I think I might give it to Wipeout HD. Such a great package.

gngf123

I've probably had the most fun with Sonic ASRT.

GRID was good, but the handling never felt quite right for me. I wasn't much of a fan of Burnout Paradise but I guess I had fun driving around for a couple of hours.

sunnz

Between GT5 and Test drive unlimited 2.

TDU2 wasn't perfect but its style of game ( open world, map style, freedom and not that forza freedom where you can't go off track) made up for the shitty focus on the sim aspect and not so good physics though the physics weren't too bad imo.

Thinking back I really did not get into any racers last gen that I can think of ...

May be a first ... especially with a generation so f'in long.

They need to step it up with racers

antitrop

Burnout Paradise. Still waiting for an arcade racing game as good. I picked up NFS: Most Wanted 2012, but it didn't grab me the same way.

Boss Mog

Ultimately I have to go with the first GRID game and Forza 4 but man did I play the crap outta PGR3 when the 360 launched. That game was really amazing for its time, I remember spending hours playing the insanely fun "cat & mouse" online race mode.

EDIT: I see some people are counting DS games so yeah I have to include Mario Kart DS then because I think it's the best Mario Kart ever made.

Certinty

Forza Horizon
Burnout Paradise
GRID
Project Gotham Racing 4

Looking at it now, they're all 10/10 games for me.

jem0208

Forza Horizon, no contest.

Burnout Paradise was also pretty amazing but that falls long short of Horizon.

I'd go as far as saying Horizon is one of my favourite games ever.

If a Forza Horizon 2 isn't announced at E3 I will be sorely disappointed.

Revson

Forza 2. The best racing game ever in my opinion.

I also played quite a bit of Dirt 2 & 3, RacePro, and Test Drive Unlimited 2.

Also, I hated almost everything about Forza Horizon. I just don't know what people see in that game, apart from its graphics.

vladdamad

Wipeout HD.

It is not only the best racing game of that gen but also one of my favourite games of all time, definitely in my top 10. It's a shame the difficulty curve is so high, many people are put off by the first couple of hours - if you stick with it, you'll see some immensely deep driving mechanics. It still kills me that we'll never see a sequel from Studio Liverpool.

Revson

Forza 4 is the GOAT.

Nah. From a hardcore Forza player's perspective, Forza 2 >>>>>>>Forza 4>>>Forza Horizon>>>>>>>>Forza 3. (I never played Forza 1 online).

While Forza 3 and 4 increased the number of cars and tracks substantially, Turn 10 managed to almost completely kill the online portions of the game through a series of boneheaded design decisions. The introduction of public hoppers, the removal of custom public lobbies, and the addition of the storefront all played a part in killing off a large part of the online community.

However, I could definitely understand a casual racing fan liking Forza 4 the most, since on paper it's by far the biggest game.

Wasp

Probably Burnout Paradise for me. Spent about 80 hours in that game.

Will we ever get a true successor to Burnout Paradise? :(
Nope. Because Criterion or Ghost or whatever they're called now seem to believe most people would rather see a Ferrari logo on a car than a car violently ripped in half into a million metal chunks. And they're probably right.

Also they've forgotten how to code in 60fps.

Jay-T

Can't just pick one, I played lots of racers last gen, but forza 4, pgr 4 and horizon were the best, split second was also great

Not a huge fan of arcade racers but i did enjoy dirt 3 and blur quite a bit.

GT5 would be the most fun i had with a sim racer last gen.

legacyzero

Banned
Probably going to say Forza 3

Close second is Grid.

EDIT: Hurts my heart seeing so many post Burnout Paradise. Lack of excellent Crash Mode ruined that game for me :(

Top Bottom