• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favourite developer of this generation (also including upcoming titles)

Up until this point, Realtime Worlds. Crackdown, despite being short and rather starved of value once the abilities had all been maxed, was about as much fun as I've had with a game, ever. As for the now and the foreseeable future, Insomniac. Resistance was neat, but Ratchet & Clank will be heavenly.

Although I have a feeling Criterion will have won the generation when all is said and done.

Amir0x said:
Sony has a pretty stellar first party lineup now... if there only wasn't the PS3 barrier. Nonetheless, they've got awesome stuff in the pipeline like Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Lair, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo 5, Ratchet and Clank Future, Killzone 2, God of War: Chains of Olympus, Echochrome, Infamous, Eye of Judgment, SOCOM, Warhawk and more.

Sony is the publisher not the developer.

crazyscreenwriter said:
Same here. I'd also add EPIC for Gears of War.

Epic's epic mishandling of their UE3 engine that they have licensed for many highly anticipated games is kinda ****ing this generation up a little though.

It's like they let a bunch of other devs/publishers moneyhat the Gears development.

goods_105022.jpg

Although I do love Gears, I'd have to keep them off of my favorites just because of that.

crazyscreenwriter said:
Same here. I'd also add EPIC for Gears of War.

They are definitely good, but to be honest Gears has been the first game of theirs that I was really impressed by.

UT was always trounced (IMO) by Quake and Half-Life multi back in the day, and Unreal was again trounced by Half-Life.

So while I think they are very good, I hesitate to put them in the same category as those three who have been kicking ass consistently for decades.

Edit: Though I was going to add a fourth dev it would definitely be Blizzard.

polyh3dron said:
Epic's epic mishandling of their UE3 engine that they have licensed for many highly anticipated games is kinda ****ing this generation up a little though.

Well, according to Denis Dyack.. who I am not all the inclined to believe anyway, because even if UE3 worked as well and was as complete as UE2.5 "TOO HUMAN" would still be delayed and still illicit yawns from the crowd.

But, yeah, it certainly seems like problems with UE3 that are kinda screwing developers. However they make a tasty game whe they want to.

dfyb

Banned
capcom was one of my favorites... and then they closed down clover studios and started making those "mass appeal" games.

valve
nippon ichi
SCE (as a publisher, too)
kojima
SNK

Icarus

I'll toss another vote on for Capcom... As if the RE4/5 stuff lately wasn't enough, I played Super Puzzle Fighter 2 at Comic-con. T'was awesometastic. I hope it's only $10.

I also still love Bungie and Blizzard (man, the StarCraft 2 trailer at Comic-con gave me chills).

Top Bottom