• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favourite recent PS4 games?

Nydius

As someone who was planning on buying it but owns a regular PS4, are there known issues on the regular one or why would you say that?

Pretty sure he just wants to get the 4K visuals out of it when he first plays. There's no issues with it on the OG PS4 on a 1080p TV that I can say save for a few frame hiccups in extremely hectic fights (multiple Glinthawks raining down frost bombs all at once, for example).

Jamiaro

As someone who was planning on buying it but owns a regular PS4, are there known issues on the regular one or why would you say that?

Pretty sure he just wants to get the 4K visuals out of it when he first plays. There's no issues with it on the OG PS4 on a 1080p TV that I can say save for a few frame hiccups in extremely hectic fights (multiple Glinthawks raining down frost bombs all at once, for example).

Precisely. I've heard so much great things about this game and I'd really love to postpone buying this until I have "upgraded" my PS4 and TV. :)

Purely for the visuals.

Occam

Multiplat, but Friday the 13th is the game I had most fun with on PS4 recently.
As far as exclusives are concerned, had a blast with Farpoint (PSVR).

Copper

If you mean exclusives I would say Nioh and Persona 5. Also FF XII when that comes out next month. Nothing the rest of this year interests me.
Also enjoyed Nier but played it on PC so can't really count it.

xviper

if you're talking about Exclusives than it's Yakuza 0, no doubts the best PS4 exclusive after Bloodborne

but if you're talking about all games then i guess it's Friday the 13th, it's an amazing fun game and the biggest surprise of the year and maybe even the generation

ryseing

I'm playing FFXIV. Somehow has a better and more comprehensible story than XV.

I don't like MMOs generally but this one is legit.

Tei

Neo Member
Horizont Damn Zero. Loved how the game play and feel. Never finished it.

Is on the top 3, with MSGV and Destiny for best PS4 games.

ChryZ

Gravity Rush 2 was wicked.

Now I'm knee deep in Horizon Zero Dawn, which is all shades of amazing.

Got Yakuza Zero queued up.

Shin-Ra

Dragon Quest Builders
32061032061_8401a87359_o.gif
31823964960_3ab624f117_o.gif
WipEout Omega Collection
Yakuza 0
Gravity Rush 2
Horizon Zero Dawn

I played DQB a little late so it was in the last six months for me!

Timodus

These happen to be my top 4 games this year:

1. Nier: Automata
2. Persona 5
3. Yakuza 0
4. Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (sequel comes out in September)

bede-x

There's been so much good stuff and I haven't played half of it, but I'm gonna go with Wipeout Omega Collection. It always feels good to have Wipeout back.

black070

Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata and Persona 5 (in no particular order).. first half of this year has been pure bliss.

Melchiah

Horizon Zero Dawn
What Remains of Edith Finch
Little Nightmares
WipEout Omega Collection
Let It Die

The last one is a bit older, but I've been playing it regularly for a good part of this year.

I wanna finish Neir but it's so boring gameplay wise. Especially on your second play through. I know this is when things begin to really open up but fuck what a slog.

Gonna say Persona 5 is my recent favorite. I made the awful mistake of playing BOTW and Horizon at the same time and gave up on Horizon. Horizon is good but once you dump time into Zelda : BOTW every open world game recently just pales in comparison.

Gravity Rush 2, Nex Machina, and Horizon: Zero Dawn in that order.

FUCK forgot about Gravity Rush 2. Such a good game with only a few but glaring flaws (stealth missions galore). I need to finish that game though so beautiful and fun.

Man my backlog is really growing. Thankfully the drought is real until July 21st when Splatoon 2 so I've got to then *cry*.

bigol

Yakuza 0, replaying it a second time to obtain platinum
Cosmic Star Heroine, already have platinum
Resident Evil VII, quite a good game even if not on the same level as Yakuza 0, that is my GOTY until now

I'm considering recent games i played in 2017.

NoFoX

Driveclub
Horizon Zero Dawn
Ghost Recon Wildlands (Co-Op)
The Last Guardian

To get:
WipEout Omega Collection

Fbh

Since the beginning of the year I have been playing one amazing game after another.

The Last Guardian (came out in December of last year but I played it this year)
Nioh
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Persona 5

And in like a month when I finish Persona 5 I still have Gravity Rush 2, Nier and Yakuza 0 to look forward to

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I've had a lot of fun with both Horizon and FFXV. While flawed both of them in different ways I still enjoy them passing an hour or two grinding away.

SenkiDala

Persona 5
Resident Evil VII (even it's not exclusive)

But I've yet to play many games, such as Nier, Gravity Rush 2, Ni Oh...

Played...

Persona 5 - Masterpiece. One of my all-time favourite JRPGs. Felt something to akin to an emptiness inside when it was over.
Yakuza 0 - A high-water mark of the series. Maybe not quite as great as 2, but fantastic nonetheless.

Playing...

Nioh - At its core, a really well-executed Souls clone, but hindered by lots of bloat in the shape of sub-missions and re-used assets. And call me a casual, but some of the boss battles just feel unfair at times. Still, I'm glued to the game right now.

Just bought...

Resident Evil 7 - Snatched it brand new for £24 yesterday (bargain!). Haven't played a mainline Resi since 4, but everybody's banging on about how scary this is, and considering how much of a departure the entry is from the likes of 5 and 6, I just had to check it out for myself. Going in completely blind!

Still need to buy/play...

Gravity Rush 2 - Kicking myself for not having bought this yet, but it's remained absurdly expensive in the UK, even after all this time. Of all the PS4 games, this is the one that refuses to budge in price.
Nier Automata - Curious about it, despite my distaste for all things Platinum.
Night in the Woods
Little Nightmares
Horizon
WipEout Omega Collection

Top Bottom