• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Grand Theft Auto VI Wishlist

How about grow some balls and set the game outside of America, or at the very least in some city other than New York, Miami, or Los Angeles?
you're telling Rockstar to grow some balls, the devs who made a game about the life of a kid in prep school, an open world detective game and another in the anemic western genre?

Raptomex

How about grow some balls and set the game outside of America, or at the very least in some city other than New York, Miami, or Los Angeles?
Grow some balls? What? GTA: London? GTA 2? San Fierro, Las Venturas? They like to parody American culture.

bwakh

My version of this

-Become a mountie
-Careers in public service
-Purchasing super expensive condos in Vancouver
-MS-BuOH
-Roadway construction (because that's the only real season)
-The ability to shoot the shit with your wholesome neighbours
-Socially acceptable cosplaying
-6 star wanted level...for your local beer league
-Multiple ridings
-Calling on neighbourhood watch groups
-Being able to run Rogers
-Niagra Falls
-West Edmonton Mall complete with a giant ice rink

- Dedicated Nickelback radio channel

Opt1kon_

Guys R* already confirmed a while ago that GTA will never be set outside of the US again. No point in requesting stuff like London or South Africa.

What I'd like to see:
- multiple cities (a no-brainer)
- more details/interactive elements: imagine being able to use the coin phones or hotdog stands. Or being able to ring a doorbell and have some random guy answer you? What about being able to buy drugs from a dealer in the streets or just sit on a bench in a park? Gas in vehicles? Being able to use the gym (no need for visible muscles, could just increase strength stat... seems like a no-brainer?) I want them to take the tiny details in the world to the next level. Because lets face it, V LS is beautiful but interaction with it is almost non existant
- Seasons (summer where you wear almost nothing, spring, fall, winter with thick coats and gloves?)
- A cop/FIB agent as one of the protagonists. Have him go bad/get betrayed by his agency halfway through I don't care, I'd just like to see the other side of the coin for a bit
- Let me buy properties again
- Loads of interiors (club is a must have)

Definitely these & Some type of female lead or a strong female role at least & not a shoehorned role/lead

Futuristic?

Imagine the curveball thrown at us if GTA VI was announced and it took place in 2040 or some shiz.

Yes. I would love this. Not too over the top but more of a dystopia with cool cars and such. Won't happen because they parody 'known' aspects of life, but I can hope.

The Pacific Northwest.

Fuck yes.

Hawaii
Volcano

That's it.

Didn't even know I wanted this until you wrote it. This would be epic.

In the future...
Like 2035

See above, I just know it would never happen.

But holy shit, Hawaii ... that would be awesome! Bikes, volcanoes, lava flats, great cities, a vast array of water craft, man. That would be great.

I would like to see them reel in the cussing and FUCK YOU jokes because that definitely wore on me. But it might just be because I'm older, at least have a slider for shit like that.

masteratt

Changes from V:

Story where every character isn't an annoying obnoxious shit.

GET RID OF THE THREE PLAYABLE CHARACTER BULLSHIT.

Make story based on parody of a known and loved theme if you can't be arsed to do your own story.

No respawning enemies in missions.

Continues from above, no wave enemy mission design.

"New" ideas:

- MAKE MISSIONS ACTUAL OPEN WORLD. Not "oh you are leaving the area, fail". Make the target have a life so I can hit him in his home, while he is driving, at his work, etc. Where-ever the fuck I want.

- Bring challenges from RDR into the GTA world.

Things to keep:
- Heists. Seriously. They were the best part of the game.
- Multiple Protags
- First Person Mode

Things to add:
- Vice City
- Multiple cities but only if we can keep each as detailed as Los Santos
- More stealth options to make stealth a viable way to approach missions. Give us some tools to distract enemies and what not. (I don't even ever use stealth options in games, but the fact that it was there and kind of useless bugged me).
- Make properties a useful way to make money. They were useless in V, unfortunately
- Following that, maybe add something like Vice City Stories's business system. If Vice City Stories played like GTA V, it would probably be my favorite GTA game.
- More dynamic/user driven content. Let us set up some small scale heists at any time. Give us hitman/vigilante missions that spawn a target with different strengths and weaknesses (what can I say, I loved Shadow of Mordor) that we have to take out. Basically, give us rewarding stuff to do outside of Story and Sidequest missions
- Keep expanding GTA Online so that it includes Liberty City, Los Santos, Vice City. If you can eventually get San Fierro and Las Venturas in there, do that too.

Totally my own opinion:
Bring back the feeling of "taking over" the city. I feel like that's been missing since Vice City and San Andreas.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
-Female Protag(At least one)
-Let me design my apartment in GTA:O
-Interactive environments
-buying more properties.
-Vice City or SF
-Non-broken GTA:O
- a real R&B station with new and old songs from the 90's and 80's.
-weird weapons.

AN ACTUAL FUN AND SLIGHTLY VARIED MELEE SYSTEM. I trust rockstar on almost everything else, but why they've never bothered with one of these for gta I don't know. would add an extra layer of fun to fucking around with pedestrians. Just a few extra moves yo, that's all I ask.

a button to push people over would be nice again too, that was great in 4.

oh yeah and a female protag for sure, or if not that then just better female characters in general. there's been some great (catalina) and good ones (asuka, elizabeta) but not nearly enough.

Striker

Better customization for vehicles and online characters
Improved mobility, no need to mash X/A to run or move at a decent pace
Improved aiming so it is not necessary for lock on to have a decent chance against AI/other users
A matchmaking system for GTA:O that includes races, contact missions, captures, heists, etc.
More interactive buildings, including apartment and garages

Maligna

Banned
Vice City 2 with 2 main characters and AT LEAST 1 OF THEM FEMALE!

Also co-op mode during single player story like in Saints Row.

Ranger X

Was I really miss are the jobs. Seriously just bring that back.

Bus
Taxi
Police
Ambulance
Train
Courrier
Pizza Delivery

Those could be interesting side games. GTA with more extra stuff = better GTA.

Raptomex

Was I really miss are the jobs. Seriously just bring that back.

Bus
Taxi
Police
Ambulance
Train
Courrier
Pizza Delivery

Those could be interesting side games. GTA with more extra stuff = better GTA.
With the exception of police, most of those were tedious. If they come back they shouldn't be required for 100%. I prefered the way they handled vigilante missions in GTA IV anyway.

another country would be nice or vice city

IF they put a female MC i hope it isnt tacked in just to please people that dont even play their games. BUT if they do i hope they do a Vice City and the female MC has to be in a rock band and she is the main singer in the band, she kicks ass and isnt afraid of anything

also a detective as another MC would be cool

But think of the satire. Where else is better to make fun of than America?

North Korea

Aside from that, I'd like GTA VI to:

-Have only two playable protags at most.

-More interiors.

-Take the setting away from the coasts and bring it to the midwest.

-An expanded GTA Online that's a more fully realized concept and allow me to travel between Los Santos and the new city.

Ranger X

With the exception of police, most of those were tedious. If they come back they shouldn't be required for 100%. I prefered the way they handled vigilante missions in GTA IV anyway.

They never were mandatory anyways. Its all about bringing back mini-games and extra stuff that has been gone for no reason. Some people love those me included. Vigilante and Taxi was immensely boring in GTA4, there was no fun or incentive to play them at all because they remove all the "game" aspect of it. I was extremely deceived about that in GTA4.

-vigilante missions
-more realistic cops that doesn't show up instantly as soon as you fire your gun or whatever. No witnesses - no cops.
-multiple cities
-the ability to buy arcade cabinets to place in your home and play them in game.
-gangs with turfs
-multiple protagonists. One being a cop and the other an outlaw if they could make that work somehow.
-more cool things to spend money on

canedaddy

Call me crazy but I want to go back to Vice City. Except I want swamps, theme parks, beaches, and other Florida type things.
With you on all that… Miami area map but add an area to the north with some faux Orlando-type theme park stuff (Disney is ripe for mockery but would be impossible without kids in the game, so not happening) and west with the Everglades. Still want it to be in the '80s, though.

Beast780

I'd much rather have a new Midnight Club or Red Dead before the next GTA, but here you go.

- 2 cities with a large countryside
- More real estate
- Continue with the multiple playable characters
- More custimization
- This is a biggie. When I upgrade a car, I want the ability to save it, and want the ability to have it delivered to me at any time, like Saints Row.

I was pretty blown away by how they expanded upon the game in GTAV; it's pretty obvious they have lots of ideas and are just waiting to implement them. So I think whatever they come up with for VI will be great as well.

Just, maybe, a different kind of city?

And a jetpack and or a harrier jet.

MikeyB

Keep the parody, but hire better writers and make it less juvenile.
Don't treat torture like a mini-game.
(I loved GTAV, but those two points were the biggest flaws in my view).

Set it in a newly booming resource town (or include one as a location). This has the benefit of making the town up for grabs for crime, giving you different factions to work with. It could also allow for more commentary on corporate crime and more interesting social problems like investment in resource extraction, labour standards, local government corruption, etc.

It doesn't have to be heavy, but should move away from the same sort of story it has been telling since it was top down.

- Female protagonist and/or character creation a la Saints Row
- Less aggressive/easier to shake police (I got tired of playing GTA5 because I felt like I spent 90% of my time running from the police and 10% doing things that were fun)

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
We get it, you like Michael Mann films.

I feel like the last two games have been so bogged down with horrible characters and boring stories.

I wouldn't be against letting me just make a character like GTA:O or something.

London would be cool.

More enterable buildings.

Er, gang/friend list guilds vs guilds. Like turf war shit. Would be cool to have real world rivals.

More realistic gore. Bullet wounds, decapitations, limbs falling off, more blood etc..

Let us enter random houses so we can shoot up families

Anna-Kendrick-WTF-Confused-Reaction-Gif.gif

Trains that you can actually drive and destroy this time
Army at 6 stars
They took out the Army in V?
I don't see what's the point in driving a train when you're only limited to the track it's on.

For me I want a female protagonist, preferably Blasian, every building is destructible, a lot more buildings we can enter. The ability to rob people houses that was barely used in San Andreas, bring back weight changes from San Andreas, being able to recruit people like in San Andreas, more hairstyle options, and more mini games.

Herne

Seeing as I haven't been able to play GTA V yet and won't until late January (again, fuck you, Rockstar), the only thing I can hope for is that most buildings in the game will be open and available for you to wander through them. One of my favourite things to do in GTA IV was lure the police into the one hospital you could enter and start a firefight. Proximity mines around the entrance, peering around tight corners and engaging in back and forth volleys of machine gun fire.

If Rockstar hadn't had the brilliant thought that they should delay the pc version again in favour of customers who had already had the chance to play it a year before, I would have more of an opinion on this.

Nymphae

Banned
A way to listen to music outside of a vehicle. They put an insane amount of work into those radio stations, and you can only hear it while driving. I was asking for an iPod when Vice City came out, get with the fucking times Rockstar.

Top Bottom