• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your most anticipated 2014 CONFIRMED next gen releases

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

I really enjoyed DKCR, despite some problems with the difficulty here and there during my first time playing it through. On my second run, however, I found myself having a much easier time – I was bad at the game when I first played it, go figure! Both times, though, there were some levels that I thought were total bullshit (batcave in World 4). I loved the level design for the most part, the art direction was fantastic, the tunes were great in some instances, and I really liked the mechanic of collecting banana coins to buy an extra heart or a parrot for some puzzle pieces. I loved looking for KONG letters and puzzle pieces.

Tropical Freeze looks like it'll fix some issues with the level design from the first game, which is great to see. From what I can tell, as well, I love the way Retro is incorporating 3D into its level design.

Uh...that's it I think.

Edit: Oh, holy shit. How did I forget about Destiny?

So, yeah. Um...Destiny. Can't wait to dive into the world Bungie has created with my own ship, character, and do an amazing amounts of exploring. Absurdly hyped for the beta. The question right now for me is – what do I play it on? Will I be able to get a PS4 by February? Will I get an Xbox One? I don't know...

1.) Infamous
2.) Infamous
3.) Infamous
4.) DriveClub
5.) The Order

Runner Up : Infamous

Meh, I'm more thinking about Early 2014 at the moment. Not all of 2014.

kswiston

Half of the "confirmed for second half 2014" games are going to be pushed into 2015 as is always the case a year from launch. I have serious doubts that X will make it to the west in 2014, but we'll see.

Anyhow, I'm not jumping on Next gen this year, so I will go with Might and Magic X and Bravely Default for my current platforms.

Midou

THE WITCHER 3.

Read all the books in the meantime, playing the first game again is like a brand new game now that I get all the references. My hype is maximum.

Maybe it won't make 2014, but so far that.

Otherwise X. Which also may not make it.

Uh...

DARK SOULS 2.. isn't next-gen.

Uh...

Maybe inFamous or Destiny then.

Vodh

The Order 1886, no doubt about it. I love steampunk, I love everything I've seen from the game so far, here's hoping the game creates a big universe and the gameplay gives justice to the art/visuals/setting!

Caode

In no particular order:

Infamous: Second Son
Destiny
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
DriveClub
The Order: 1886

RPGamer92

Banned
X
Bayonetta 2
inFamous Second Son
Watch Dogs
Naughty Dog's PS4 game (would prefer a new IP but would be ok with an Uncharted 4)
Final Fantasy XV (lol)

Hybrid897

I'm so pumped for X, xenoblade made me believe in the console JRPG again.

Runner up Bayonetta 2 really liked the first, no idea how they're gonna turn it up a notch pass W101 though.

onilink88

I have serious doubts that X will make it to the west in 2014, but we'll see.

Assuming the following is true,

ShockingAlberto said:
I don't know that it's going to be released simultaneously, but I can say that an NOE employee slipped to me that localization is occurring alongside development.

This is not a guarantee of anything (it could be halted or pulled or sat on for literally any reason), but there you go.

if the game is delayed, I think it would be because of developmental factors and not localization ones. They've got an incredibly ambitious game on their hands and it's their first HD title, so I wouldn't be surprised if the game was pushed back (in fact, I think even Xenoblade needed to have its deadline extended).

Also, since when was Final Fantasy XV confirmed for 2014?

Tabata said:

If there is a God, he himself would have to intervene to get the game out of the development hell it finds itself in to have it released for 2014. If you'd told me two or three years ago that "Versus XIII" would be releasing in 2016, I'd have called you a hyperbolic nut. Now, however? It actually seems like a realistic possibility.

This probably sounds pretty sad, but Final Fantasy X HD for the Vita is my most anticipated 2014 release (in the US, probably. Don't think it's going to make 2013 in US). Still looking forward to a lot of next gen games, but the thought of portable FFX makes my mouth water.

Oh yes, and how could I forget The Legend of Heroes: Second Chapter.

Ark

In order of most hyped:

Diablo 3
Destiny
The Witcher 3
InFamous: Second Son
Rime
The Order 1886
Driveclub

I know it's not a next-gen release, but I'm really excited for Tales of Xillia 2.

Sushigod7

I really hope we get X next year easily my most wanted.

Also

Mario Kart 8
Destiny

Wish we would get confirmation on Majora's Mask HD or 3DS next year too.

waypoetic

Banned
There's a couple of games that have my interest but the two games i'm excited for and really want to play are "InFamous : Second Son" and "The Order : 1886". Yup.

Hindle

Banned
The Witcher 3 easily.

I'm also interested in Sunset Overdrive and Halo, due to the developers behind both having a lot to prove.

Edit. Titanfall looks to reignite my interest in multiplayer as well.

Thus far, only Donkey Kong Country, Mario Kart 8, and Diablo III: Reaper of Souls.

I know Smash Bros. is currently set for next year, but I'll only believe it when I see an actual release date announced.

People are taking a lot of liberties with this thread... Confirmed 2014 releases people. Not TBC.

Anyway, Destiny and Infamous getting a lot of love. I am glad about that.

Why The Order is however, when we've seen so little of it, I don't quite understand.

1. inFamous SS
2. Super Smash Bros Wii U
3. Titanfall
4. Bayonetta 2
5. the Order 1886
6. Destiny
7. Halo 5
8. Watch Dogs
9. Evil Within
10. Quantum Break

Rime, the Witness, Sunset Overdrive, Transistor, DA:I, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Mirror's Edge 2 drops into slot 1-3 if it comes out next year.

Top Bottom