• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your most anticipated 2014 CONFIRMED next gen releases

NEO0MJ

Next year is gonna be epic, but if I had to narrow it down:

1-Bayonetta 2/ Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (can't decide which I'm excited for more)
2-Super Smash Bros U
3-Dark Souls 2 (would be higher but I'm afraid they'll mess up the formula. Actually, does this even count as next gen? I guess the PC version does...)
4-The Evil Within
5-inFamous: Second Son
6- Guilty Gear Xrd

And the order 1886 is confirmed next year? Didn't know that. I thought it was 2015.

jett

D-Member
Numero uno is definitely Infamous Second Son. Undoubtedly the PS4's first killer app.

infamous_second_son___neon_power_full_by_rockshow2oo8-d6izra0.gif

Suzzopher

inFAMOUS Second Son
The Order 1886
DriveClub
Destiny
Watch_ Dogs
Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes
Galak-Z
Velocity 2x
Octodad

maxcriden

There hasn't been a ton confirmed so far for next year that I'm really excited for. I am looking forward to Yarn Yoshi and Yoshi's New Island. Not much else is really coming to mind but I hope and imagine there may be plenty of unannounced titles for next year that I'll be excited for.

ETA: I forgot about the new Kirby for 3DS, I'm looking forward to that as well.

ETA2: Also forgot about some indies like Shovel Knight (if it doesn't come out this year) and Treasurenauts!

Infamous Second Sun looks superb.
Bayonetta 2 as it's the sequel to one of the greatest action games ever made.
The Order because RAD is a great developer and the setting is lovely.
Project X because it looks all kinds of great.

Indie: The Witness, Galak-Z, Velocity 2X, Volume, Transistor.

There are so many good ones, 2014 is gonna be an amazing year (barring any delays), but right now more than anything I am pumped for inFamous. Not only is it--as of now--the prettiest next gen game, but the new unique powers and the production values just make it look like one of the most exciting titles coming, period. Not to mention it's open world and the traversal looks amazing (and was already amazing in the second game).

I'm not some fair-weather inFamous fan mind you (lol), inFamous 2 was one of my favorite games of the gen and the first game I ever Platinumed. So you can imagine I'm especially hyped.

But, damn, if The Witcher 3 and Dragon Age: Inquisition come out next year, and The Order and Destiny end up being as good as they look...goddamn.

And that's not even speculating on what's not yet revealed at the PS4 Event and VGAs!

Uncharted 4 and Fallout 4. MY BODY.

Edit: Forgot The Witness and all the amazing indie games!!

Mexi

Banned
InFamous Second Son and Final Fantasy XV (oh i don't know if this last one is yet confirmed for 2014 but I'm excited nevertheless)

Steel

Banned
The order and destiny. Kinda hoping for something a bit more out there to pop up, but I'm not seeing it....

LastNac

If it follows Uncharted 3 and doesn't revert to Uncharted 2 territory then Uncharted 4 hands down.

Then The Order: 1886.

Maybe Halo 5.

Freeman

Banned
The Order 1886 - These guys killed it with their PSP games and what they showed from the new game is very impressive and ambitious.

Quantum Break - Very little shown so far, the whole TV angle is strange but I'm very interested as of now, I'm hoping for a PC release.

Cyberpunk 2077 and Witcher 3 - I think that CDproject is yet to realize their full potential

Dragon Age Inquisition - Hoping for a Bioware comeback and I'm curious as to how Frostbite will modify the game formula.

MGSV - Kojima

Infamous SS - Looks too good to be ignored and will be the first open world game developed entirely for nextgen.

Resogun and Driveclub - I'm getting these for "free" so my anticipation is a given, plus they both looks so good.

FFXV - I'm not a JRPG fan nor a FF guy, but I like to root for comebacks.

Many indie games - there is no shortage of good games coming from indie developers.

Deap92x

Banned
Smash bros Wii/3DS
The Order
The Evil Within
Donkey Kong Country
Mother 3( please Nintendo!)

I won't be able to get a Ps4 at launch but I am definetely getting one next year and perhaps an Xbox One eventually.

Lakitu

st5fu
Infamous does look good indeed, I'm actually hyped for it but why does the protagonist look like such a douchebag? I think I'm the only one bothered by this.

ranmafan

Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin is my number one right now. Playing catchup with the series in anticipation for it. Will be my first played Ps4 game on Japanese launch day.
Also very interested in Destiny.
Other than that right now my most anticipated 2014 games are technically 2013 games since they don't come out in Japan until February.

AppleMIX

Hyped:
MGS Ground Zeroes
Evil Within
Titanfall
Witcher 3
Mirror's Edge

Optimistic:
Thief
Dragon Age Inquisition
Order 1886
Infamous
FFXV
Plant Vs. Zombies garden warfare.

TomoK

Banned
Halo 5 and Titanfall

I'm really excited to see the graphics of Halo 5. I'm also really curious to see if they've learnt anything from Halo 4...

p3tran

Banned
titanfall, destiny, halo
will hopefully be next year's holy trinity
BUT
I'm willing to be positively surprised or/and wowed
by any game in any platform.

new gen and all, developers do your best to amaze us!

Thief
Titanfall
Watch Dogs
The Division
Sunset Overdrive
Halo
The Witcher 3
Dragon Age Inquisition
Quantum break (if 2014)
The order 1886
Fable Anniversary
Fable legends
South Park the stick of truth

Decent list so far hope it will double though

Destiny is my most anticipated but after playing it at Eurogamer Expo, Titanfall completely shot through the list to be right behind it. It went from an intriguing, promising thing to an essential must-buy. Which in itself is an understatement.

DriveClub and Watch Dogs are behind them, though I was gutted they got delayed from launch. :(

Special mentions: Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes, inFamous: Second Son, Halo, Evil Within, The Elder Scrolls Online (even if the sub is somewhat off-putting a bit), Bayonetta 2, X.

Sydle

Project Spark
Kinect Sports Rivals
Halo 5
Mario Kart 8
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
The Order
inFamous Second Son

Top Bottom