• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Your Name" to open in North American Theaters April 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzKeeg

I saw it in theaters last weekend it was fantastic.

They actually played the dub version for 5 minutes by accident so someone had to go tell them. The sub was so much better, my goodness.

Beautiful film. I hope enough people get out there to see it on the big screen.

Scavenger

Has there been any other anime release in 4K?

This is certainly the most perfect candidate for admiring all those gorgeous backgrounds at maximum resolution.
Gundam Thunderbolt has been released as a 4K UHD disc with HDR. The producer has said that it's the first native 4K Gundam production. The Accel World film was also released as a UHD disc with HDR, but it's upscaled from 1080p.

Your Name also seems to have been upscaled from 1080p. Even if it's upscaled, it should have some advantages over a normal Blu-ray, such as reduced banding.

I'm about to see it with a friend tomorrow at the Ark Lodge in Seattle. It looks like it's going to be the last weekend it's showing apparently.

leakey

Just saw this movie with my fiancee. Amazing movie
Jesus Christ that last half hour hits like a caravan of trucks of emotion. We were both choking up in the theater.
Fantastic film.

jbug617

Banned
Your Name Collector's Edition:
DBTiL61WAAAzuhn

Your Name Special Edition
DBTiXC6XUAAQfRv

Toho Store Exclusive
DBTjle-WsAAyZmu

Amazon Exclusive
AGNvD5e.jpg

Credit to https://mobile.twitter.com/ultimatemegax/status/870569334778810368