• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youtube broke the Wii U Browser. Again.

Kangi

For the record, those who are still having "video not available on this device" problems:

Go to Settings, hit Select User Agent, switch to a non-Wii U browser. I use the 3DS one.

Should fix all or most YouTube videos.

Edit: If you then get a Flash message, switch to Android. Should fix that, but you'll be switched to the mobile site.

For the record, those who are still having "video not available on this device" problems:

Go to Settings, hit Select User Agent, switch to a non-Wii U browser. I use the 3DS one.

Edit: If you then get a Flash message, switch to Android. Should fix that, but you'll be switched to the mobile site.
I'm having trouble finding "select user agent". Where is that exactly?

I use "Internet Explorer" seems to make videos work fine on Wii U.

ThaGuy

Since we're talking about the Wii U internet, does anyone have to switch the user agent setting to android to view certain videos and websites?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Youtube prompted me to download the new version of Flash today and I accidentally installed McAfee with it. This devilry will not stand!

Herne

That is what YouTube is doing: growing up.

Who cares if a browser used by maybe less than a few hundred a day breaks if the new update will enhance the experience for millions out there?

Is this YouTube's fault or Nintendo's? You decide.

Jokes aside, it seems to work for others who cleared their cache. Go figure.

Honest question - do you think Google's recent changes are making the YouTube experience better?

I've been getting a bunch of "Sorry, this video is not available on this device" messages lately. No more giantbomb on my tv :(

Hopefully Nintendo throws itself at Google's feet and pleads with them to stop fucking with youtube on the Wii U.

I've been getting a bunch of "Sorry, this video is not available on this device" messages lately. No more giantbomb on my tv :(

Hopefully Nintendo throws itself at Google's feet and pleads with them to stop fucking with youtube on the Wii U.
Same, just change the user agent to android or an i device.

Kenobi

For what it's worth, the YouTube app was updated recently and I've been using it since youtube site broke wii u compatability. Giant bomb runs fine and you can use your phone or tablet to pair with it now. Give it a go.

tipoo

Banned
So it looks like Youtube updated their website again, and now, my gamepad freezes and hard locks after they play their required 30 second ad. Meaning, I get to see the ad, and not the original video I did want to watch. Come on Youtube, you need to code better than this.

Anyone else having issues?

30 second ad runs on the 32MB eDRAM buffer, after that you're boned.

Top Bottom