• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youtube broke the Wii U Browser. Again.

Well, youtube is so random you never know what will happen next. Sometimes it doesn't load the video on my phone and sometimes it does but then stops. The app is worse though. Youtube is just crap outside of the pc browser, and even then it has problems.

Hip Hop

The Youtube app on PS Vita is also broken because of the new Youtube update.

Your subscriptions and favorites will not be linked to the account when you sign in.

PureGone

Banned
Stop trying to save face. You essentially came in here and said the Wii U's media streaming is not up to par with modern devices when this problem isn't caused by the Wii U, and when the Wii U has the best Youtube experience of all consoles. Then you started on about how it's hilarious if anyone thinks the Wii U's media apps are any good, when this thread isn't even about an app.

How does any of that translate to "a better option for me is Apple TV + iPhone" ?

Either you can't read, or you didn't read my posts on this thread. I said "exactly" to the guy saying media streaming is better for "the devices made for the 21st century" and i agreed with him (There are such things as opinions) because i think that using my Apple TV is a much better way to watch YouTube for me. Most of the YouTube videos i watch come from social networking sites and messages. So easier to me to just airplay the videos as i come across them on my phone, or my iPad if im browsing from there.

Then people said that my opinion was wrong and it would be better for me watch YouTube on a Wii U.

And now people are arguing how "wrong" my opinion is...

You're being an ignorant jackass when the system has the best YT access of any console.

You guys are hilarious, i said that in my opinion using a apple tv is better for me because of see above for reasons.

and now im a jackass for not having the same opinion as you.

M3d10n

The Youtube website has been obnoxious to use on a PC too. It's become way too common for videos to randomly stop loading when switching to HD (which I need to do manually every goddamn time), not loading after the ad or not loading period. Not to mention there's always a chance something will freeze when an ad comes up.

I'm actually using a Windows 8 app called Hyper to watch youtube whenever I want to watch in HD without any of that bullshit.

Dude just stop. This is getting embarrassing.

You need an iphone or ipad for your preferred way to watch youtube
Without one of those two you have to use a remote to input text.

You can't be serious.

And the Apple TV remote is pure garbage. I have it and it's hard not to press the center button on accident when using the "dpad". I have ipad/apple tv and Wii U. The Wii U browser version is way better because you can browse a new Video on the gamepad without interrupting or overlaying the Video playing on the TV

Herne

The ads are now crashing my Wii U with seemingly every second ad-preceding video. After getting a faster broadband connection I tried going back to the app, but no - it's still shit and it still won't load anything properly.

Sigh. Everyone is really annoyed because the Wii U quickly became the internet device in our living room. Hopefully something fixes all of this soon.

This started happening to me yesterday :( Sucks because youtube in the browser is probably my 3rd most used item on the wii u, outside of Netflix and Hulu+

Part of me wonders if this is an elaborate plan to actually get people playing games on the darn thing. Nintendo is shouting "It has games now! Go play them!" [/tinfoil]

mf luder

Youtube has frozen/crashed my wii u several times today, always when I click play or just as they videos starting. Not done it on the ads though.

kitsuneyo

You guys are hilarious, i said that in my opinion using a apple tv is better for me because of see above for reasons.

The solution you prefer requires multiple devices, Apple TV and your iPhone/iPad. Your posts so far suggest you've never used the Wii U browser to watch YouTube, yet you're happy to claim it's not up to the job. That, and your snarky attitude, are why people are rightly calling you a jackass.

Taker666

Bloody annoying. Sort it out Youtube.

Pretty much every Youtube vid now crashes the browser ....and completely freezes the Wii U.

Youtube's hobby seems to be fixing things that don't need fixing...with the result of completely breaking things that weren't broken.

matm666

So yesterday with the update work fine again, but today I haven't been able to watch any video, I got the error this video is not available on this device. Anyone is getting the same? Whats going on?

So yesterday with the update work fine again, but today I haven't been able to watch any video, I got the error this video is not available on this device. Anyone is getting the same? Whats going on?
I got that error as well. I have no idea what's going on with this.

Dang0

If it says that, just replace the watch?v= in the url to embed/ and it should work.

Scoot2005

Banned
You can skip the ads. Just use the left stick to fast forward. Some of them require you to play the last few seconds. Works for me anyway!

Edit - I still get a few freezes though. Mostly recent.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Youtube is pissing me off. Also on the iPAD (1, at least) this new ADV tricks are ruining the experience...

I got this too when I tried to watch a Monster Hunter tutorial video this morning, then I tried a GTAV video with the same result.

Searched for a music video which started without any propblems. Switched to my laptop to watch the MonHun tutorial and the crazy thought crossed my mind of Nintendo blocking videogame related videos for whatever reason. Now I'm paranoid again... O_O

Scoot2005

Banned
They're totally blocking gaming videos. I couldn't watch the darksouls aggressive mod video or the KH3 trailer. WTF. Isn't shit like this illegal? Who the fuck are they to tell me what I can or cannot watch on my internet connection?!?!

Yup. It's gaming related videos. Tried 6 differnet games from differnt platforms. All reviews and walkthroughs. Nothing works. Random stuff works just fine.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.....

Forkball

At least it doesn't ask us to use our real names when watching it on the Wii U. That automatically makes it the superior platform.

Taker666

The Mario Kart 8 video on Nintendo's youtube channel wouldn't play on my Wii U yesterday (not available on this device)...but the same trailer on the Nintendo Europe youtube channel would.

kunonabi

for a temporary fix you can switch your user agent to internet explorer touch.just click on the video regardless of the black screen and it will start.

Its not just video game videos on youtube, its other videos as well. This needs to get fixed ASAP cause this is some straight bull

kunonabi

Step by step please. I'm simple in the hea OOOHHH A BUG!

go to your start screen(can be done by opening a new tab or closing all existing tabs) and click on settings in the upper right corner

scroll down to user agent(it will be set to wii u by default) click on it and accept the warning

This will bring up a long list of various user agents, scroll down to internet explorer - touch and select it

videos will most likely show a plain back screen but clicking on them will start them anyway.

This will need to be done every time you start the browser.

The offense was taking crazy pills.

rLtHFeD.gif

EhoaVash

Other than Nintendo's own youtube channel like every single vid does not work
keeps saying ""Sorry, this video is not available on this device"" :( damn it google your bad app has constant buffering

but one thing I did notice that random vids from channels that aren't partnered/make money works

Other than Nintendo's own youtube channel like every single vid does not work
keeps saying ""Sorry, this video is not available on this device"" :( damn it google your bad app has constant buffering

but one thing I did notice that random vids from channels that aren't partnered/make money works
Nintendo's YouTube channel doesn't work for me either.

I don't suppose anyone in the media has reached out to Nintendo about this? I never expected youtube's performance to actually get worse after the update - not that the two are necessarily related, I imagine it was a google update that broke things. But the timing is certainly funny.

Hopefully nintendo fixes it soon :(

Top Bottom