• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube videos emerge of XBOne Blu-ray drives failing / making grinding noises

First amazon reviews are in and as of now here's more 1 star reviews than any others. Majority crying of disk issues: http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Cons...iewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

and pretty much all of the 1 stars have the disc drive issues

Won't read any discs! just makes a rattling noise.

Disctray doesn't work, Wont play my games.

disks wont load

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken Out of the Box,

Broken Disk Drive!

Bricked out of the box.

Broken Disc Drive. Be aware buyers

DBT85

I believe you have to order a product, and have it shipped to your residence to qualify as a verified owner.

I understand that part, but when you submit a review does it automatically know you bought one from Amazon or do Amazon have to check every single review manually to apply a "verified buyer" label to it.

I didn't see a single verified purchaser there. Unlike for the PS4.

Sony fans trolling perhaps?

Dat console war :(
But i wouldn't be surprised if there are many legit broken X1 out there.
2% is pretty much the standard failure rate on electronics i was told.
At least you can still play killer instinct with jago.

hardvibes

its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif

oh wait...

BraXzy

This happened to my friend last night. It sounds horrid. The disc is perfectly fine though.

He's getting it swapped out at GAME thankfully.

DirtyLarry

First amazon reviews are in and as of now here's more 1 star reviews than any others. Majority crying of disk issues: http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Cons...iewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending
I thought you had to purchase the item from Amazon to review it? A lot of those people are claiming they got it at either Best Buy or Gamestop yet can leave a review on Amazon???

EDIT well you do not have to purchase the item from Amazon to review. Pretty flawed system they have there no doubt.

Rikyfree

Like before on the PS4 problems, if true, we must wait to see as it develops how wide spread it is. Launch issues will always occur on some units, and it's a shame... so concern is for immediate expedited replacements and for it to be relatively isolated.
Exactly.

I thought you had to purchase the item from Amazon to review it? A lot of those people are claiming they got it at either Best Buy or Gamestop yet can leave a review on Amazon???
Anyone can leave a review. But the site makes clear who bought the product from Amazon and who didn't. Most products don't have drooling prepubescent fanboys ready to troll product pages, so it's not an issue.

Sorry for those having trouble. People buying one this weekend: extended warranty. Don't even fuck around.

Just saw this one posted in the launch thread. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y43Q-KlvQY

What in the heck is that noise? That's one hell of a sound.
A bad fan. Gotta be.

possibly the drive overheated due the small console size.
make it bigger next time

maybe mishandling during delivery/shipping? I heard xbox one have warning for user not to move the console while the disc is inside, dunno why, just give me impression that the disc drive is probably more delicate than usual or something. or maybe that's normal for console I guess.

I move my ps3 around sometime while there's a disc inside and don't have problem with it, although that is probably not the smart thing to do too.

DirtyLarry

Anyone can leave a review. But the site makes clear who bought the product from Amazon and who didn't. Most products don't have drooling prepubescent fanboys ready to troll product pages, so it's not an issue.

Sorry for those having trouble. People buying one this weekend: extended warranty. Don't even fuck around.

A bad fan. Gotta be.
I edited my post as I did go and confirm anyone can in fact leave a review, and I think that is flawed beyond just fanboys of video game consoles.... Employees of a company leaving favorable reviews of their products. Disgruntled ex employees leaving unfavorable reviews. Not really a great system in my opinion, but it does help they show who purchased it, but I have always just reviewed products I purchased, and is have also always held th customer review on Amazon to be pretty solid. Now, not so much. Just my take on things, obviously you see it as being okay. Me, not so much.

Applecot

Wasn't this an issue in some of the past gen consoles?

Like we discussed a week ago (and I really think will be discussing next week in the EU zones) preliminary data is preliminary...

EDIT: Most of these 1 star Amazon reviews I've read so far are fake I'm pretty sure of it. lol

Mohonky

Sounds to me loke the gears that move the lazer arent meshed correctly and they are just skipping, or the lazer is for whatever reason stuck and the gears are grinding the,selves trying to drive it back and forth.

Still, pretty shitty. Welcome to another gen of fucked up hardware built on the cheap.

Top Bottom