• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube videos emerge of XBOne Blu-ray drives failing / making grinding noises

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cradles don't slide to well due to base gravity due to grease and such.

Try shocking the console in the correct direction.

Ah I see what you mean. I'll do it tomorrow, I'm already a moron for being awake so late when I gotta work. gnight folks.

That sucks. Glad I got a WiiU!
But seriously worried about my mate, he is a mega xbox fanboy and has pumped his whole wage in to getting a new set up and an xbone, I hope his works he will be crushed!

I'm actually really concerned I might get one of these "disc eaters" since I won't have any disc based games for some time. I have a surplus of MS points that come out to about $350 so I'll be going all digital for a while. But I would hate to get my first disc game 3 months down the road and find out I have a dud drive and be screwed. :(

Teletraan1

Banned
I'm actually really concerned I might get one of these "disc eaters" since I won't have any disc based games for some time. I have a surplus of MS points that come out to about $350 so I'll be going all digital for a while. But I would hate to get my first disc game 3 months down the road and find out I have a dud drive and be screwed. :(

Doesnt the XB1 play audio CDs and Blurays? You could always try one of those formats if you have one.

GavinGT

Banned

So put in a CD/DVD and see what happens.

magetf

Neo Member

Even if it won't play the disk, it will at least try to read it, which is about the point the drive grinds to a halt. So just stick in any disk (CD, DVD, BD)

Izuna

Banned

Screenshot__3_.png

I hope his Xbox One actually works though!

Servbot24

Banned

Try a music CD.

edit, covered :p

Biker19

Banned
Like before on the PS4 problems, if true, we must wait to see as it develops how wide spread it is. Launch issues will always occur on some units, and it's a shame... so concern is for immediate expedited replacements and for it to be relatively isolated.

Agreed, though I have a feeling that it's gonna be way worse than PS4's...& possibly much more than the drives failing.

Bundy

Banned
Just arrived at work and my buddy called me.
His Xbone (disc drive) is faulty, too. He called it "the scratchbox of death" (made me chuckle).
I told him to make a video. So maybe he will have a video later on.

Console failures are terrible, but all electronics have a percentage of failure rates. Hopefully this specific problem gets sorted out quickly.

Sorry to everyone affected. That's got to be terrible... =/

Weenerz

Banned
Shoot, I don't even have cable. I guess they'll be Killer Instinct boxes until they're replaced. Still, it's just disappointing because there's nothing I can do about it until there's stock. Since I bought from Gamestop, I have to wait until they get more units, and god knows when that'll be.

I'm sure MS has stock available for warranty replacements. If GameStop is sold out, give MS a call

Madness

Jesus Christ, what happened to consoles that just worked?

Yeah no kidding. Feels like a great big beta test for consoles and games. Or it could just be that with the prevalence of social media and forums, those with problems tell about it and it seems bigger than it is.

Could just be poor shipping, might have dislodged the drives or something. Could be anything.

system11

Probably worth updating the thread title - that sounds like load mechanism overrun for whatever reason. Nobody has reported a damaged disc that I can see.

I give it 7 hours before social media sites have turned this into 40% failure rate articles/posts.

Top Bottom