• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTuber that waited on-line for Switch is currently waiting 10 days for SNES Classic

Otnopolit

Man waits in line, internet watches.

We'll see if Nintendo's claims of better availability hold up, but I don't think launch is going to cut the mustard obviously.

WonderzL

Banned
I am a subscriber since he was a teen (I was also a teen - the same age I guess?). It was fun to see someone so passionate about Nintendo entering the same teenager years as myself and not dropping it because "it's not cool" etc. He has a video on that, I believe. Let me see... Oh, here.

BiggNife

I still never really understood the drama that happened with the last one.

Didn't Triforce Johnson show up and do some sketchy shit like he always does?

There's a bit in the MST3K episode guide about when Frank was recording a line about waiting "on line" for a movie and the writer thought Frank had had a tiny seizure. The writer (I forget which) concluded that "on line" meant you were laying down, sprawled over the hapless people waiting patiently "in line."

Apparently "on line" is a New York thing.

Yeah, what do people care so much about? He’s like 19 years old and is making friends, not hurting anyone, and is expressing passion.

ViciousDS

Banned
Last series had some cringe moments.....but what in real life doesn't have some. They were entertaining enough that I checked out a few. I am not a fan of Triforce.....so I'm glad that its just CND this time.

I wonder if when he gets older if he'll regret waiting in line for all those days for both switch and snes classic. Time is something he can't get back. Maybe the experience is worth it for him. But for me personally, never catch me in line for more than a couple of hours.

MouldyK

I wonder if when he gets older if he'll regret waiting in line for all those days for both switch and snes classic. Time is something he can't get back. Maybe the experience is worth it for him. But for me personally, never catch me in line for more than a couple of hours.

I get impatient waiting 3 minutes for people in front of me to decide what to eat in food places.

Everyone I see just reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uCr9eC6e8M&app=desktop

Boke1879

He's young, he's only waiting 10 days. Hanging out with people, having a good time and doing something that's making him some money and also doing something he likes.

Way too many hot takes up in here lol.

Oh come on guys, this will be just like the other thread, everyone saying how dumb this is. The kid is just making a fun video, we all know this isn't necessary nowadays.

Nbz

Surely he'd earn more by doing an actual job for 19 days.

I really hate the denigration of youtube as not a "real job" - The kid is successful and is likely making more way money than he would doing a "regular" 19 year old job, PLUS it's something he actually loves doing.

Catvoca

Banned
Waiting in line for him is basically hanging out with friends for 10 days in New York. Oh no, I'm sure he'll look back and wish he didn't spend so much time....being with friends lol

I watched a good bit of the Switch one but not sure I'm bothered with this, kinda feels a bit long in the tooth.

Top Bottom