• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT| It's Time to D-D-D-D, D-D-D-D-Duel!

Wichu

Pendulum Sorcerer will see just as much play as those, though. If Pendulum Sorcerer, Notice, and Twin Twister are all secrets, $50 each sounds likely.

Regiruler

Pendulum Sorcerer will see just as much play as those, though. If Pendulum Sorcerer, Notice, and Twin Twister are all secrets, $50 each sounds likely.
Notice is a 3 of in LITERALLY everything. Sorcerer is only PePe, and magicians on occasion. Even if dominant, they still don't represent 100% full stop of decks.

kenshiroro

Neo Member
Read up on Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum summon.

Then think about what kind of startegy.you'd like to play and come back to us.

We'll get you something good and likely affordable.

Just read up on pendulum and am currently watching online ygopro videos on how people are playing it. The mechanics are kinda amazing but feels really broken at the same time. Will be interesting once some of the cards go into the forbidden / limited list

Fj0823

Konamis current rarity bumps are bullshit and are keeping me from jumping into the physical Arc V era. Im not made of gold.

kenshiroro

Neo Member
After watching some videos on how Pendulums work, i wanted to go for a Dark Magician deck. This deck is not 100% my idea as i picked up builds from people posting their deck online but modified it here and there to suite my play style

So far it plays ok but i do still lose every now and then due to bad hand etc

? For cards im not sure about

Monsters:
3x Dark Magician
2x Dark Magician Girl
2x Gorz The Emissary of Darkness
2x Stargazer Magician
2x Timegazer Magician
3x Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon
2x Rainbow Kuribo
3x Cardcar D
3x Skilled Dark Magician

Spells:
2x Ancient Rules
1x Dark Hole
2x Dark Magic Attack ?
2x Magical Mallet ?
1x Monster Reborn
2x MST ?
1x One Day of Peace ?
2x Summoner's Art
2x The Eyes of Timaeus
2x Upstart Goblin ?

Trap:
1x Call of the haunted
1x Mirror Force
2x Reckless Greed ?
1x Solemn Warning

Side Deck:
1x Number 11: Big Eye
1x Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack
1x Number 50: Blackship of Corn ?
1x Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
2x Rune-Eyes Pendulum Dragon ?
1x Norito the Moral Leader ?
2x Ebon Illusion Magician
2x Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight
2x Dark Paladin

Any input would be great

kenshiroro

Neo Member
hope you guys dont mind, anyone experienced with Yang Zing decks?

I'm trying out a deck and i dont really see the point or how this meta is supposed to be played out. maybe its because i have a bad hand but im still confused as to how or what i should be doing in order to play it properly

Regiruler

hope you guys dont mind, anyone experienced with Yang Zing decks?

I'm trying out a deck and i dont really see the point or how this meta is supposed to be played out. maybe its because i have a bad hand but im still confused as to how or what i should be doing in order to play it properly
What yang zing version are you using?

kenshiroro

Neo Member
ok thanks for that.

Currently im playing a yang zing deck copied from the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MIJqpmasdM

i think im starting to get a hang of it, managed to win twice against ygopro ai (for now)

my pendulum dark magician on the other hand isnt doing as well D:

when you mentioned pendulum are you referring to Zefraxi and Zefraniu?

ok thanks for that.

Currently im playing a yang zing deck copied from the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MIJqpmasdM

i think im starting to get a hang of it, managed to win twice against ygopro ai (for now)

my pendulum dark magician on the other hand isnt doing as well D:

when you mentioned pendulum are you referring to Zefraxi and Zefraniu?

That build is pretty anti-meta and heavy on continuous traps (yang zing creation, mistake, skill drain, lose 1 turn). It's tough nowadays to run that many continuous traps because pendulums are in a ton of decks so a lot of decks run spell/trap destruction (galaxy cyclone, mst, fairy wind) that will disrupt you.

Yang zing is also by its very nature a reactive deck, but one of the most explosive plays is Jiaotu + Taotie + Bixi = Trishula. Also try to synchro Baxia on the opponents turn for maximum disruption.

Touch deck to play imo because it's so reactive.

kenshiroro

Neo Member
That build is pretty anti-meta and heavy on continuous traps (yang zing creation, mistake, skill drain, lose 1 turn). It's tough nowadays to run that many continuous traps because pendulums are in a ton of decks so a lot of decks run spell/trap destruction (galaxy cyclone, mst, fairy wind) that will disrupt you.

Yang zing is also by its very nature a reactive deck, but one of the most explosive plays is Jiaotu + Taotie + Bixi = Trishula. Also try to synchro Baxia on the opponents turn for maximum disruption.

Touch deck to play imo because it's so reactive.

yea i understand what you mean, winning against the AI on ygo especially the Harpy deck with Yang Zing is not easy since that deck has cards that can clear fields

that said, the yang zing does have a lot of potential

how would the pendulum yang zing work?

kenshiroro

Neo Member
after more testing with that yang zing deck, i need to say brainzelda, you sir are very much correct

i am very convinced now as i was on a losing streak playing that deck against Qli, Harpy, Shaddol etc

it relies on too much on those traps to gain advantage. not to mention its not the fastest deck as well. syncro is alot slower that Xyz

do you guys have a meta you could suggest to me?

Wichu

The best decks right now are Performage Dracoslayers, Pendulum Magicians, and Kozmos. Performage Dracoslayers is a Rank 4 Pendulum-Xyz deck, Pendulum Magicians use Pendulum Summons to fuel Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz summons, and Kozmos play entirely from the Main Deck by banishing their low-level monsters to summon their powerful beaters.

Of those, Pendulum Magicians are by far the cheapest, since most of the cards you need are in the Master of Pendulum Structure Deck. In addition to that, you'll want to pick up Odd-Eyes Vortex Dragon, Odd-Eyes Fusion (not strictly necessary, as Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon can summon Vortex), Xiangke Magician, Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, Mist Valley Apex Avian (or the less powerful but way cheaper Majespecter Unicorn - Kirin), Wavering Eyes, and maybe some more Rank 7s if you want (Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon, Number 11: Big Eye, and if you're in the US/Japan, Ebon Illusion Magician). Archfiend Eccentrick is obviously good in the deck, but definitely not necessary.

Performage Dracoslayers and Kozmos are way more expensive (Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer is $50 a pop, and Kozmo Dark Destroyer is over $100), and will get even pricier once Breakers of Shadow is out (gotta get those new Secret Rares).

For non-tier-1 options, you can try Fluffals or one of last format's decks (other than Shaddolls) - Burning Abyss and Tellarknights should still be pretty decent. Majespecters are good, but a bit pricy too. You can mix Majespecters with Pendulum Magicians to offset the cost.

kenshiroro

Neo Member
The best decks right now are Performage Dracoslayers, Pendulum Magicians, and Kozmos. Performage Dracoslayers is a Rank 4 Pendulum-Xyz deck, Pendulum Magicians use Pendulum Summons to fuel Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz summons, and Kozmos play entirely from the Main Deck by banishing their low-level monsters to summon their powerful beaters.

Of those, Pendulum Magicians are by far the cheapest, since most of the cards you need are in the Master of Pendulum Structure Deck. In addition to that, you'll want to pick up Odd-Eyes Vortex Dragon, Odd-Eyes Fusion (not strictly necessary, as Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon can summon Vortex), Xiangke Magician, Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, Mist Valley Apex Avian (or the less powerful but way cheaper Majespecter Unicorn - Kirin), Wavering Eyes, and maybe some more Rank 7s if you want (Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon, Number 11: Big Eye, and if you're in the US/Japan, Ebon Illusion Magician). Archfiend Eccentrick is obviously good in the deck, but definitely not necessary.

Performage Dracoslayers and Kozmos are way more expensive (Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer is $50 a pop, and Kozmo Dark Destroyer is over $100), and will get even pricier once Breakers of Shadow is out (gotta get those new Secret Rares).

For non-tier-1 options, you can try Fluffals or one of last format's decks (other than Shaddolls) - Burning Abyss and Tellarknights should still be pretty decent. Majespecters are good, but a bit pricy too. You can mix Majespecters with Pendulum Magicians to offset the cost.

Thanks Wichu, you da man! now i have quite a bit to research and read up on

Any tips regarding a ghostrick deck? looking to build something fun, not for tournaments

The core is usually:

3 Jiangshi
3 Mary
3 Specter
3 Lantern
3 Doll
1-2 Kinka-byo

3 Pot of Duality
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Ghostrick Mansion

1 Ghostrick Panic
3 Ghostrick-go-round
1-2 Ghostrick Vanish
0-1 Ghostrick Night

Extra Deck:
2 Alucard
3 Dullahan
3 Angel of Mischief
2 Downerd Magician

Basically you want Angel of Mischief out ASAP using some combination of lvl1s and/or Kinka-byo to summon Dullahan. She will search out whatever spell/trap card you need at the time (usually Mansion or Go-round). Then you just stall with Go-round/Mary/Specter/Lantern and eat away at their lifepoints using Mansion.

Sandfox

The core is usually:

3 Jiangshi
3 Mary
3 Specter
3 Lantern
3 Doll
1-2 Kinka-byo

3 Pot of Duality
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Ghostrick Mansion

1 Ghostrick Panic
3 Ghostrick-go-round
1-2 Ghostrick Vanish
0-1 Ghostrick Night

Extra Deck:
2 Alucard
3 Dullahan
3 Angel of Mischief
2 Downerd Magician

Basically you want Angel of Mischief out ASAP using some combination of lvl1s and/or Kinka-byo to summon Dullahan. She will search out whatever spell/trap card you need at the time (usually Mansion or Go-round). Then you just stall with Go-round/Mary/Specter/Lantern and eat away at their lifepoints using Mansion.
A lot of people have been combining Ghostricks with Speedroids and that engine is very cheap.

PEPE IS DEAD IN THE OCG

it sucks that v-jump isn't showing the full banlist anymore. :<
Konami and Shueisha are no longer showing the full list in V Jump. It’s now done on the official website. Or at least they’re mentioning to check the official website for the list.

Three of the Forbidden Cards:
– Number 16: Shock Master
– Performage Damage Juggler
– Performage Plushfire

They mention to check the List on the official Konami website. And this list will eviscerate “Performage” + “Performapal”, what the TCG calls “PePe”.

Decks they DO expect to rise after this list:

Blue-Eyes White Dragon.dek
Monarchs
Burning Abyss
YGOrganization

Joqu

I don't play much these days but I've been wanting to rebuy some YGO cards that I remember getting stolen from me back in the day. Dunno why, it just scratches some itch I've been having, but it HAS to be the exact same versions as the ones I used to have. Yeah, it's not reasonable.

My poor Invasion of Chaos Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning and Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End though. I'm not made out of money. :(

Still remember pulling those, I must've been pretty lucky back then. No idea what the prices were like back then but it's no wonder they got snatched so fast.

pzRl5Af.png

Release Date: 4/15/2016
Dozens of old favorites from the original Yu-Gi-Oh! TV series get a whole new look, alongside brand new cards from TV that players have been demanding for years, with the new Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME Millennium Pack!

This 48-card set includes over 20 variant artwork illustrations for classic cards like Thousand Dragon, Flame Swordsman, Widespread Ruin, Kunai with Chain, and Celtic Guardian.

Millennium Pack also offers famous cards from the TV series that have never been in print before, including Kaiba's ultimate card-drawer, the Card of Demise, and the final version of the mightiest Egyptian God Card: The Winged Dragon of Ra – Immortal Phoenix.

With each 5-card pack including a mix of revamped and new cards, the Millennium Pack is an easy way for all fans to get ahold of awesome cards to add to their collection.

The Millennium Pack booster set contains 48 cards: 28 Commons, 10 Rares, 6 Super Rares, and 4 Ultra Rares.
https://ygorganization.com/tcg-millennium-pack/
http://southernhobby.com/products/detail?p=35990

Wichu

Just got back from the BOSH Sneak Peek.

I got an absolutely terrible pool this time - managed to win round 1 when my opponent opened triple General Jade with no way to summon them, but lost each other round.

On the other hand, I traded my crappy pulls for playsets of Buster Whelp and all the Buster Blader commons (and one retrained Buster Blader, even though he's worse than the original), and also grabbed a Lose 1 Turn and Red-Eyes Fusion for later. Time to destroy some dragons!

I brought along a friend and his brother, who are both super casual players. Of course, they opened a Solemn Strike each (the brother got Tincan too).

Wichu

Does anyone think the artwork for the Houkai is exceptionally good?

They're far and away Takahashi's best designs.
Yeah, they look quite nice. I need bigger pics though!

I'm really liking that they're going back to give one more card to a few archetypes in TDIL. The Shiranui, Dinomist, and Buster Blader cards look pretty solid - hopefully they'll also cover the CORE and DOCS archetypes.

Banned:
Performage Damage Juggler
Performage Plushfire
Tellarknight Ptolemaeus
Chicken Game
Wavering Eyes

Limited:
Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer
Performapal Monkeyboard
Performapal Skullcrobat Joker
Wisdom-Eye Magician
Elder Entity Norden
Thousand-Eyes Restrict
Ignister Promincence, the Blasting Dracoslayer
Reasoning
Upstart Goblin

Semi-Limited:
Debris Dragon
Allure of Darkness
Emergency Teleport

Off the list:
Dark Magician of Chaos
Tragoedia
Advanced Ritual Art
Crush Card Virus

https://ygorganization.com/tcg-forbidden-limited-list-april-2016/

Glad Thousand-Eyes Restrict isn't banned anymore, not like it'll have an impact though
RIP Odd-Eyes Magician
Monarchs didn't get hit
Kozma only really got the E-Tele hit
Chicken Game and Upstart draw engines are dead
Surprised Dante didn't get hit like in the OCG

Banned:
Performage Damage Juggler
Performage Plushfire
Tellarknight Ptolemaeus
Chicken Game
Wavering Eyes

Limited:
Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer
Performapal Monkeyboard
Performapal Skullcrobat Joker
Wisdom-Eye Magician
Elder Entity Norden
Thousand-Eyes Restrict
Ignister Promincence, the Blasting Dracoslayer
Reasoning
Upstart Goblin

Semi-Limited:
Debris Dragon
Allure of Darkness
Emergency Teleport

Off the list:
Dark Magician of Chaos
Tragoedia
Advanced Ritual Art
Crush Card Virus

https://ygorganization.com/tcg-forbidden-limited-list-april-2016/

Glad Thousand-Eyes Restrict isn't banned anymore, not like it'll have an impact though
RIP Odd-Eyes Magician
Monarchs didn't get hit
Kozma only really got the E-Tele hit
Chicken Game and Upstart draw engines are dead
Surprised Dante didn't get hit like in the OCG
Is wisdom eye really that critical for odd eyes magician?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Here I made a guide on which of those are worth using

RqT8k6K.png

rvyOpzT.jpg

RIP Upstart

Deck will be amazingly expensive, not because it's good or anything, but because it's Dark Magician

Eternal Soul and Dark Magic Circle are so fun to use tho

Eternal Soul still has a drawback that's a pain

Wichu

Ultra Rare starter deck art Dark Magician and Blue-Eyes confirmed for this year's Mega Tins. Now we're talking.

I'm considering putting together a Blue-Eyes deck to pair with the upcoming Dark Magician deck. Let's hope for a Melody of Awakening Dragon reprint in the Mega Tins.

If they reprint the Red-Eyes stuff too, I might even go for the trilogy :)

Top Bottom