• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT| It's Time to D-D-D-D, D-D-D-D-Duel!

Fj0823

Finnished Arc V 74.

Its official, every male who uses fusion summon is a psychotic asshole

I got angry the moment we see Sora being a Smug brat in the shadows. Fuck you, Yuya already bodied you, you were saved by the bell

Excited for the Ancient Gear Support, that fusion card is just ridiculous, no way they'll print it without a heavy nerf first.

Finnished Arc V 74.

Its official, every male who uses fusion summon is a psychotic asshole

I got angry the moment we see Sora being a Smug brat in the shadows. Fuck you, Yuya already bodied you, you were saved by the bell

Excited for the Ancient Gear Support, that fusion card is just ridiculous, no way they'll print it without a heavy nerf first.

What about Yuuya?

Also
I was surprised Dennis showed his true colors that easily. I hope the subs make it more clear why, because it seemed like a random time to reveal his true identity rather than just take the loss. Also, disappointed it wasn't an entermage fusion

Fj0823

What about Yuuya?

Also
I was surprised Dennis showed his true colors that easily. I hope the subs make it more clear why, because it seemed like a random time to reveal his true identity rather than just take the loss. Also, disappointed it wasn't an entermage fusion

Reiji was all like "I saw this coming from a lightyear" so that surprised me too

macklelol

Also

Dude was gonna get exposed no matter what (thanks to the Shun's trap card forcing him to reveal his hand) so I guess Dennis was just like, fuck it. Drawing that fusion card probably didn't help him hold back either.

Fj0823

New Archetype revealed "Dinomyte"

12019926_885297831584461_5407100074027295065_n.jpg

It's been about two years since I last made some cards and I was wondering if any of you would critique these.

When this card is Summoned: Target 1 card you control; send it to the Graveyard, then your opponent discards 1 random card. Once per turn, if you control no "Mercy Family: Unicorn" you can Special Summon 1 from your Graveyard or Banished Zone.

When this card is Summoned: Both players must send 2 cards from their Extra Deck to the Graveyard. Once per turn, when a card from your side of the field, hand, or Deck is sent to Graveyard by the effect of a card you control: Special Summon 1 "Mercy Family" monster from your Graveyard. This card's Attribute is also treated as DARK.

When this card is Summoned: Target 1 face-up monster you control and 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; the targeted monsters lose 500 ATK and DEF. If you control a "Mercy Family: Mrs. Mercy" and "Mercy Family: Mr. Mercy" this card gains 2300 ATK. This card's Attribute is also treated as DARK.

When this card is Summoned: Target 2 monsters your opponent controls; destroy those cards and then discard 2 cards. If there at least 2 other "Mercy Family" monsters on the field, this card cannot be destroyed by your card effects.

When this card is Summoned: Both players must send 1 Spell or Trap Card from their Deck to the Graveyard. Once per turn, when a card from your side of the field, hand, or Deck is sent to Graveyard by the effect of a card you control (other than this card): Add 1 "Mercy" Spell or Trap Card to your hand from the Graveyard.

If you control another "Mercy Family" monster, when this card battles with an opponent's monster: Destroy both monsters at the end of the Damage Step and any battle damage inflicted to either player's Life Points is also inflicted to your opponent.

When this card is Summoned: Both players must send 1 Spell or Trap Card they control to the Graveyard. Once per turn, when a card from your side of the field, hand, or Deck is sent to Graveyard by the effect of a card you control other than this card: Add 1 "Mercy" Spell or Trap Card to your hand from your Deck.

When this card is Summoned: Both players must banish 1 monster from their Graveyard. Once per turn, when a card from your side of the field, hand, or Deck is sent to Graveyard by the effect of a card you control: Target 1 monster you control; this turn, it can attack twice during each Battle Phase.

When this card is Summoned: Target 1 face-up card you control and 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; flip the targeted cards face-down. Once per turn, when a card from your side of the field, hand, or Deck is sent to Graveyard by the effect of a card you control: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; the targeted monster's effect(s) is negated until the End Phase.

When this card is Summoned: Both players must send 1 Monster Card from their Deck to the Graveyard. Once per turn, when a card from your side of the field, hand, or Deck is sent to Graveyard by the effect of a card you control other than this card: Add 1 "Mercy Family" monster from your Graveyard to your hand.

Each time a card from your side of the field, hand, or Deck is sent to the Graveyard by the effect of a card you control, your opponent loses 400 Life Points for each card sent to the Graveyard.
Once per turn, if a card from your side of the field, hand, or Deck is sent to the Graveyard by a card effect you control, add 1 "Mercy Family" monster from your Deck to your hand.

If your opponent destroyed any "Mercy" cards you controlled this turn: Target cards your opponent controls equal to or less than the number of "Mercy" cards your opponent destroyed this turn; return those cards to the hand. If this card was discarded or sent from your Deck to the Graveyard, you can Set it in your Spell & Trap Card Zone instead.

You can only activate this card if you control a "Mercy Family" monster. Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster (Wyrm-Type/DARK/Level 3/ATK 1800/DEF 1800). (This card is also treated as a Trap Card). At the start of the Damage Step, if this card attacks an opponent's face-up monster, destroy that monster.

Regiruler

Right off the bat: you can't target cards in the hand.

And your PSCT is atrocious.

I'm known as Pojo's harshest judge for the community CaC challenges, don't take it personally.

How should I phrase that then and I did look up some official cards first to refresh myself on OCG. What about the archetype in general so far when it comes to playstyle and aesthetics?

Fj0823

How should I phrase that then and I did look up some official cards first to refresh myself on OCG. What about the archetype in general so far when it comes to playstyle and aesthetics?

Look up "Problem Solving Card Text" in the official strategy guide for several articles on how card Text structure works now

:)

New Archetype revealed "Dinomyte"
Yeah, I've been following the Dinomist cards since Rex. I just need a Fusion/Xyz Megazord and I'm completely sold. Speaking of Rangers, I still need to make an Igknight deck...

I finally got caught up with Arc-V!
Man, duels with Shun and people from Academia are the freaking best! I think his duel with Sora is still my favorite though. Yay for Sora being back too!

Fj0823

Yeah, I've been following the Dinomist cards since Rex. I just need a Fusion/Xyz Megazord and I'm completely sold. Speaking of Rangers, I still need to make an Igknight deck...

I finally got caught up with Arc-V!
Man, duels with Shun and people from Academia are the freaking best! I think his duel with Sora is still my favorite though. Yay for Sora being back too!

I'm still honestly surprised this team could pull off such a high quality series after the past blunder.

Its one reveal after another, always something going on, a great sense of tension.

Its quite good

Decided to try and build a semi competitive deck.

Bought 4x 2015 tins, 2 booster boxes (the new challengers and crossed souls), 3x masked hero structure decks, and a bunch individual "staple" cards.

Built 2 decks; masked Heros and tellarknights.

the masked heros deck is based off of this dude who placed top 32 in WCQ Europe http://yugiohtopdecks.com/deck/4294

my tellarknights deck is just a consensus from the top decks people have been placing well

haven't been to the local card shop in well over 10 years but i still see a bunch of people playing.

should be interesting...

Could I get a proper critique please? I spent a hell of a lot of time on those cards, posted them on about 3 different sites, and would like some criticism, especially because I'm thinking about running another CCG and want to make sure these will be healthy for the game. I also want to add a couple more and the outcome of those will depend on what's needed for these currently.

Wiseblade

The whole "this card cannot be destroyed in battle by DARK monsters " part is WAY too much. Dark is the most populous attribute in the game and tons of archetypes will have DARK boss monsters. The worst part is that it really screws with the mirror match. Especially when you consider that some of those monsters are protected from destruction effects.It's just way too powerful an effect to be on an archetype of DARK monsters.

Other than that, you've essentially made Dark World's again. Game 1, the discard effects ruin your plays. Game 2 & 3, you side in your Gemini Imps and D Fissures to lock them out. At least Dark World decks are easier to disrupt and don't really decrease the size of your hand.

The easiest counter decks would be Shadolls and Dark World, but that stupid DARK immunity makes me take pause. Fabled would probably have some fun though.

The whole "this card cannot be destroyed in battle by DARK monsters " part is WAY too much. Dark is the most populous attribute in the game and tons of archetypes will have DARK boss monsters. The worst part is that it really screws with the mirror match. Especially when you consider that some of those monsters are protected from destruction effects.It's just way too powerful an effect to be on an archetype of DARK monsters.

Other than that, you've essentially made Dark World's again. Game 1, the discard effects ruin your plays. Game 2 & 3, you side in your Gemini Imps and D Fissures to lock them out. At least Dark World decks are easier to disrupt and don't really decrease the size of your hand.

The easiest counter decks would be Shadolls and Dark World, but that stupid DARK immunity makes me take pause. Fabled would probably have some fun though.

Thank you. When I first saw the images that inspired me I thought the family should have some kind of feed or prey on the DARK element, but if it turned out to be too much like I expected, I'd drop it.

I can sort of see Dark Worlds, but not really. Dark Worlds is all about constantly drawing and discarding to swarm the field while the Mercy Family so far has to rely on Mr. Mercy for swarming and boosted effects from killing your own cards while at the same time killing something of your opponent's.

Wiseblade

Dark World monsters have effects that trigger when discarded. Mercy Family effects trigger when other cards are discarded.

The DARK effect wouldn't be quite so terrible bad if Mercy Family weren't dark themselves. just play out the mirror match in your mind.

Regiruler

The whole "this card cannot be destroyed in battle by DARK monsters " part is WAY too much. Dark is the most populous attribute in the game and tons of archetypes will have DARK boss monsters. The worst part is that it really screws with the mirror match. Especially when you consider that some of those monsters are protected from destruction effects.It's just way too powerful an effect to be on an archetype of DARK monsters..

Erm, what? It's absurdly easy to play around attribute-based protection. Go into practically anything from the extra deck. Shaddolls make anything other than Winda. BA make literally anything in their extra. And there aren't any other dark decks with a significant presence in the game, and really haven't been for at least 2 years. Even if you count decks like Ghostricks, they have a lot of utility and could just bypass it entirely.

On a different note, the Scroll Play Kickstarter has only about 2 weeks left. I know YGOrg posted it, and many of you already read YGOrg, but I felt like sharing for those that don't.

Wiseblade

Erm, what? It's absurdly easy to play around attribute-based protection. Go into practically anything from the extra deck. Shaddolls make anything other than Winda. BA make literally anything in their extra. And there aren't any other dark decks with a significant presence in the game, and really haven't been for at least 2 years. Even if you count decks like Ghostricks, they have a lot of utility and could just bypass it entirely.

On a different note, this Kickstarter has only about 2 weeks left. I know YGOrg posted it, and many of you already read YGOrg, but I felt like sharing for those that don't.
It would be easy, if they didn't have hand destruction effects. Shadolls and BA could bounce back pretty cleanly, but I still think the effect makes the match needlessly awkward and the mirror a real pain.

Day freaking one.

EDIT: I don't think I can actually post the scan...

We now have a 'Power Ranger' Zord and Megazord archetype on the way. All of the hype.

beanman25

Would I be stupid to buy a premade deck off of ebay? Not looking for anything with amazing cards. I want to buy a performapal deck and some can be gotten for under 20 bucks.

I'm getting into the game again, and am just looking to acquire more decks. I have a hand built cyber dragon one, but performapals look amazing too.

Regiruler

Would I be stupid to buy a premade deck off of ebay? Not looking for anything with amazing cards. I want to buy a performapal deck and some can be gotten for under 20 bucks.

I'm getting into the game again, and am just looking to acquire more decks. I have a hand built cyber dragon one, but performapals look amazing too.
You can probably buy the individual cards for less. Check TCGplayer.
Day freaking one.

EDIT: I don't think I can actually post the scan...

We now have a 'Power Ranger' Zord and Megazord archetype on the way. All of the hype.
I wish it was a scan. Then they'd be readable. No, they're just pictures of a poster meant for retailers.

November 9th TCG List

Forbidden:
Apoqliphort Towers
Shurit, Strategist of the Nekroz
El Shaddoll Construct
Evilswarm Exciton Knight

Limited:
Qliphort Scout
Graff, Malebranch of the Burning Abyss
Mathematician
Nekroz of Brionac
Nekroz of Unicore
Ritual Beast Ulti-Cannahawk
El Shaddoll Fusion
Reinforcement of the Army

Semi-Limited:
Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss

Unlimited:
Chaos Sorcerer
Legendary Six Samurai – Shi En
Spellbook of Fate
Geargiagear

http://ygorganization.com/tcg-november-9th-2015-tcg-list/
http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/index.html

November 9th TCG List

Forbidden:
Apoqliphort Towers
Shurit, Strategist of the Nekroz
El Shaddoll Construct
Evilswarm Exciton Knight

Limited:
Qliphort Scout
Graff, Malebranch of the Burning Abyss
Mathematician
Nekroz of Brionac
Nekroz of Unicore
Ritual Beast Ulti-Cannahawk
El Shaddoll Fusion
Reinforcement of the Army

Semi-Limited:
Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss

Unlimited:
Chaos Sorcerer
Legendary Six Samurai – Shi En
Spellbook of Fate
Geargiagear

http://ygorganization.com/tcg-november-9th-2015-tcg-list/
http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/index.html
Wow, that's really going to hurt Qli and Shadoll. I guess Qli decks will need to rely on skybase now

Wiseblade

I try to get out and Konami pull me right back in.

Nekroz, Shadoll and Qli got WRECKED. Some strong hits and removing a limiter on a solid counter deck makes them both less consistent in tournament play.

As a Prophecy & Six Samurai player, unlimited Shi En andSpellbook of Fate makes me laugh. The decks are going to be solid Tier 2 contenders now.

Wiseblade

Nekroz might be able to eke out a meager existence if the new archetypes don't completely obliterate everything. Shadolls and Qli are super dead though.

Woooow. Hits on all top decks (Satellerknight not so much). What's top tier now then?

Majespecter
Kozmo
Psyframe
Satellar
Clownblade variants

?

Wichu

Bought a Mega Tin for fun last week. Pulled El Shaddoll Construct. Nice, time to build a Shaddoll deck!

...fuck you Konami :(

Wichu

I won my local Sneak Peek again. As someone who mostly plays Magic, I'm starting to get the impression that Yu-Gi-Oh players aren't that great at limited formats like sealed deck.

Everyone else seemed to be trying to play archetypes, often with several in one deck, making a bunch of their cards useless half the time. I made sure as few as possible of my cards could be dead draws. Sure, go ahead and put your sweet Raidraptor Maces or whatever in your deck - I'll just be getting in for 1600 every turn with Skilled Red Magician while you fail to draw either of your two Raidraptors and the Maces rot in your hand. Even in the finals, my opponent was stuck with a bunch of useless Majespecter spells/traps after I beat his monsters to a pulp.

No good pulls this time unlike my Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon last time, but I did get another mat!

Wiseblade

I won my local Sneak Peek again. As someone who mostly plays Magic, I'm starting to get the impression that Yu-Gi-Oh players aren't that great at limited formats like sealed deck.

Everyone else seemed to be trying to play archetypes, often with several in one deck, making a bunch of their cards useless half the time. I made sure as few as possible of my cards could be dead draws. Sure, go ahead and put your sweet Raidraptor Maces or whatever in your deck - I'll just be getting in for 1600 every turn with Skilled Red Magician while you fail to draw either of your two Raidraptors and the Maces rot in your hand. Even in the finals, my opponent was stuck with a bunch of useless Majespecter spells/traps after I beat his monsters to a pulp.

No good pulls this time unlike my Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon last time, but I did get another mat!
Yu-gi-oh players just aren't conditioned to think that way. Draft play only really comes up at sneak peeks and even then, people will just gravitate toward the stuff they know is powerful in standard play.

kenshiroro

Neo Member
Read up on Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum summon.

Then think about what kind of startegy.you'd like to play and come back to us.

We'll get you something good and likely affordable.

Thanks for that. I know a bit about Synchros and Xyzs (in term of how they work and summon). Will look up on Pendulum

As for strategy, i used to play a fiend beat down hand destruction deck. This was during the Yata-Lock period (yea, thats how long im out of touch lol) combo with cards like Don Zaloog, Vampire Lord etc

Currently im slowly playing / learning the game again via the PSP Arc-V game

Thanks for that. I know a bit about Synchros and Xyzs (in term of how they work and summon). Will look up on Pendulum

As for strategy, i used to play a fiend beat down hand destruction deck. This was during the Yata-Lock period (yea, thats how long im out of touch lol) combo with cards like Don Zaloog, Vampire Lord etc

Currently im slowly playing / learning the game again via the PSP Arc-V game

Ah, the good old days.

kenshiroro

Neo Member
i researched a bit about the type of decks that people normally run now and im a little intrigued by the Shaddoll and Yang Zings decks. are they complicated to run?

will be looking at others as well. thanks

i researched a bit about the type of decks that people normally run now and im a little intrigued by the Shaddoll and Yang Zings decks. are they complicated to run?

will be looking at others as well. thanks

I played Shadoll on the PS4 game, it's pretty fun and easy to use (also super powerful). HOWEVER, it got hit really, really hard by the latest ban list

that's just sad, what deck are you running now? also are you able to share your shaddoll recipe? pretty please?

I only play on the video game versions nowadays, and I haven't played those for a while. I could probably drag up the shaddoll deck recipe I used, but given Construct is now banned the deck I used is pretty much worthless

kenshiroro

Neo Member
I only play on the video game versions nowadays, and I haven't played those for a while. I could probably drag up the shaddoll deck recipe I used, but given Construct is now banned the deck I used is pretty much worthless

between all the metas available now, which one do you guys think is easy to pick-up and play?

i read that Yang Zhi can be quite complicated

Wichu

So alongside Traptrix Rafflesia and Cyber Dragon Infinity, Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer is also Secret Rare.

I hope you didn't think $150 for a playset of Luster Pendulums was too expensive.

Regiruler

How does a super rare even get that expensive.

That said, only secret from BOSH that will reliably stay above 50 is notice and twin twister. The new rarity scheme will put a big dent on prices.

Top Bottom