• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT2| You just activated my trap card!

Fj0823

They got too many extra monsters now. Game was already getting complicated enough. I guess they made this new extra monster zone to nerf power creep and you have to work for for others with these link monsters?

Edit: I just noticed there's a new monster Type too. Cyberse? The fuck is that and how is it different from Machine-Type?

Good one.

Sandfox

It was never this blatant

The current stuff isn't really different from anything else Konami has done. Everything is them pushing new stuff over the old with power creep, ban lists, and marketing because that's how they make money. Right now Konami is pushing Links over the other card types, but that happened when those previous types were released as well.

Fj0823

The current stuff isn't really different from anything else Konami has done. Everything is them pushing new stuff over the old with power creep, ban lists, and marketing because that's how they make money. Right now Konami is pushing Links over the other card types, but that happened when those previous types were releaseed as well.

It is.

They locked every single combo with the old mechanics behind Links.

You didn't need Synchros to Fuse or Ritual Summon, you didn't need an Xyz on the field to Synchro, and the whole point of Pendulum was to make the previous mechanics better.

Power Creep/Ban List to phase out decks happens in every TCG but this is the first time in YGO they actively hurt a gameplay element to sell cards.

Stardust Dragon might not have been too hot during the Wind-Up's rule. But you could still use your goddamn Stardust like you always used to.

That freedom was taken away.

In fact, I think people would've accepted the Extra Monster Zone limitation far better if it just meant the Extra Card goes to that zone first and then moves to the Main Zones next turn, THAT would slow the game and still give you access to combos.

Having the brand new monsters "unlock" the zones for you is a slap in the face. Feels like the TCG equivalent of microtransactions

Right now Konami is pushing Links over the other card types, but that happened when those previous types were released as well.

Synchro didn't limit Fusions. XYZ didn't limit Synchro. Pendulums didn't limit XYZ. Links limit every other method before it. That's the issue people have.

Fj0823

Rituals are one of my favorites, but nobody uses them anymore.

latest

latest

These are popular right now, also you missed this BS:

latest

latest

latest

latest

Competitive Rituals were not fucking around

Heero5

It is.

They locked every single combo with the old mechanics behind Links.

You didn't need Synchros to Fuse or Ritual Summon, you didn't need an Xyz on the field to Synchro, and the whole point of Pendulum was to make the previous mechanics better.

Power Creep/Ban List to phase out decks happens in every TCG but this is the first time in YGO they actively hurt a gameplay element to sell cards.

Stardust Dragon might not have been too hot during the Wind-Up's rule. But you could still use your goddamn Stardust like you always used to.

That freedom was taken away.

In fact, I think people would've accepted the Extra Monster Zone limitation far better if it just meant the Extra Card goes to that zone first and then moves to the Main Zones next turn, THAT would slow the game and still give you access to combos.

Having the brand new monsters "unlock" the zones for you is a slap in the face. Feels like the TCG equivalent of microtransactions
Interesting idea to have the Extra Monster move to the Main Monster zone after a turn. That's basically what I do now with PSY Frame Lord Omega and Stardust Dragon to circumvent the limited zones

Fj0823

Is it me or did Konami cool a bit with the female characters getting censored

Benten's boobs would've been reduced if this was early 2000's Konami

Heero5

Oh man, my favorite card is easy, it's Dark Magician of Chaos. I also love Elemental Hero Absolute Zero, and, Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning.

Favorite cards are probably Relinquished/Thousand Eyes Restrict

I especially love the artwork of Summon Gate since it shows TER happy that he got off the banlist!

don't worry Goyo Guardian you'll join him soon, with an errata

Heero5

Favorite cards are probably Relinquished/Thousand Eyes Restrict

I especially love the artwork of Summon Gate since it shows TER happy that he got off the banlist!

don't worry Goyo Guardian you'll join him soon, with an errata
Yeah relinquished and TER are awesome cards, excellent pick.

I always loved Jinzo.

My best friend gave me a 1st edition psv one back in the day, but some asshole stole it from me. I'd still have it today if it hadn't been.

Fj0823

yGhoWbR.png

Imagine if you took the awesome of Dark Magician and Buster Blader and combined it into a single card.

Dark Paladdin is, without a doubt, the coolest OG fusion

It combines the best qualities of both cards instead of just mashing them together

My favourite cards are the cards the birthed the ban list:

Surely Konami can make a fusion card between the 2.

Konami need to show Chaos Emperor Dragon some love, BLS got so much support (though that was for the ritual but it's still support!) these past few years and he gets nothing.

I always loved Jinzo.

My best friend gave me a 1st edition psv one back in the day, but some asshole stole it from me. I'd still have it today if it hadn't been.

Jinzo was one of my favorites as well since he had a great effect and only required 1 tribute for the same attack power as Red-Eyes.

I always wondered if Konami would have made him a Psychic type monster if he had been made during the 5Ds era.

Speaking of Psychics, my favorite synchro monster is Thought Ruler Archfiend. Too bad his master is a terrible person.

yGhoWbR.png

Imagine if you took the awesome of Dark Magician and Buster Blader and combined it into a single card.

YES, Dark Paladin is great too. I prefer his first artwork though.

Heero5

Hellz yeah Absolute Zero rules, makes me miss Deep Sea Diva.

For Synchros Stardust Dragon is my favorite hands down and for Xyz it's probably Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon.

Since Links are still new I guess my favorite is Firewall Dragon.

I love it but pulling like 3 out of the mega packs was annoying lol. Fucking links maje playing him properly harder than it already was =_=

I really like the dimensional dragons and it's a very good card

Sure it's the ultimate "fuck you you can't play" card but that's why I like it lol. My locals are so gonna hate me if I actually can bring it out more often with post-CIBR Spyrals.

Speaking of them

Double Helix just fixes one of my favorite decks and it's gonna help it do some very stupid shit much more consistently. I can't not love it.

EMT0

Banned
I just started playing again after a year's hiatus. The first thing I did was pick up a playset of Pot of Desires, Grass is Greener, and N'tss. I'm a bit sad I wasn't around to play during full power Infernoids with Grass at 3 :(

Anyone know what happened to D/D/D in the meta? I recall that right before their release people were anticipating it would rule the TCG until Zoo, but I can't find much about their results during that time period.

Anyone know what happened to D/D/D in the meta? I recall that right before their release people were anticipating it would rule the TCG until Zoo, but I can't find much about their results during that time period.

Thing is, DDDs got so fucked over by the TCG that said "rule" was literally only about a week or two at most :/

Fj0823

Question. Is there a community on DevPro or the like that only play with the old school, pre-syncro sets?

Automatic? No.

Dueling Book has a lot of people who only play with "classic" stuff and don't use Synchros or Links (But they still use newer support for older decks lol) and a "GOAT FORMAT ERA CARDS ONLY" server but that one's almost always empty

Because Goat format sucked ass

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

Probably one of my favorite looking Signature Monsters (fuck Stardust). Looks like some kind of robotic Flatwoods Monster, my favorite UMA.

All the Synchro Warriors were pretty cool looking honestly, really liked Nitro.

Fj0823

Didn't know we had a community for this. Awesome. I can't wait for the banlist so i could actually build my physical deck soon

Yep, welcome to YGOGAF.

Sorry you missed the
my
Link Rules meltdowns.

Fun times

Still mad

Now that I thought about my fave card, If I have to choose my least favorite card it would be this:

"Hey have some great support for your favorite theme that you can only summon with 2 copies of the shittiest card in the theme"

Ciphers also disgust me. Why not just make them Galaxys!?

There's also that random Rank 4 Train from Arc-V
Probably one of my favorite looking Signature Monsters (fuck Stardust). Looks like some kind of robotic Flatwoods Monster, my favorite UMA.

All the Synchro Warriors were pretty cool looking honestly, really liked Nitro.
Speaking of Synchro Warriors, I still remember Turbo Warrior that Yusei never used against the Meklords even though it was the perfect counter.

Fj0823

There's also that random Rank 4 Train from Arc-V

Speaking of Synchro Warriors, I still remember Turbo Warrior that Yusei never used against the Meklords even though it was the perfect counter.

He could've one shot Z-One with Black Rose Dragon.

Also, ZEXAL would've lasted only 10 Episodes of Yuma simply used the Volcasaurus he won

EMT0

Banned
Yep, welcome to YGOGAF.

Sorry you missed the
my
Link Rules meltdowns.

Fun times

Still mad

Now that I thought about my fave card, If I have to choose my least favorite card it would be this:

"Hey have some great support for your favorite theme that you can only summon with 2 copies of the shittiest card in the theme"

Ciphers also disgust me. Why not just make them Galaxys!?

100% agreed with you on Ciphers. Zero reason why they should exist as anything other than a subarchetype of Galaxy at most, like 'Galaxy Cipher' or something more concise. On Links though, I like what they do(slow the game down) on paper. If the game's slower, we'll have far less unbreakable boards, past problem cards could come off the banlist because wombo comboing becomes harder leading to a much smaller banlist, etc. But the rollout has been awful, from everything that I've seen.

Fj0823

I love that art over the other one. Why was that changed, anyway?

YuGiOh Cards have alternate artworks on it's most popular cards for collecting purposes. They're all in print and one does not replace the other

As long as the card name is the same, you can use any version of the card.

However no matter what version you use, the latest version of it's card text is the only valid one

TL;DR,These Dark Paladdins are the same card as the one above

Top Bottom