• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT2| You just activated my trap card!

Fj0823

I like how the Link pointers(?) only point at the cards controller.

That's been a thing since they were revealed.

It's like when some Xyz launched with drawbacks when they ran out of materials.

A way for Konami to say "see? Fair and balanced guys" before raising hell

Heero5

That's been a thing since they were revealed.

It's like when some Xyz launched with drawbacks when they ran out of materials.

A way for Konami to say "see? Fair and balanced guys" before raising hell
I completely agree, Leviathan Dragon looks pretty funny next to Laggia, Dolkka, or Toad. I feel like Links will follow the same path. Though I'm kinda surprised at the lack of generic Links. I only run 2 right now. Decode and Firewall.

Star Boy retrain has been fully revealed as Mastar Starboy and he has the same effects as Missus Radiant but for WATER monsters

I can't believe D - Hero Dusktopia is in Light's Revenge but D - Hero Deadly isn't 0.o guess the waiting game continues.
The curse of V Jump promos, we can never tell when they'll be released in the TCG. Still waiting on that Lunalight Crimson Fox ;_;

KingBroly

Banned
I'm more surprised Sage with Eyes of Blue is in Light's Revenge, especially since it should be in the Mega Tins.

But I guess this is a Secret Rare.

Heero5

Star Boy retrain has been fully revealed as Mastar Starboy and he has the same effects as Missus Radiant but for WATER monsters

The curse of V Jump promos, we can never tell when they'll be released in the TCG. Still waiting on that Lunalight Crimson Fox ;_;
I forgot he was a V Jump promo... I want him and Red Rising Dragon. Been slightly changing my deck since losing Norden. N'tss definitely isn't filling the void.

Heero5

https://ygorganization.com/cotd-op05-confirmed-cards-na-wcq-stream/

Two of the Trickster cards are Secret Rare and two are Ultra Rare :(

I'm so used to seeing Star Grail that I'm not liking World Chalice, hope I get used to it soon

Edit: Apparently Holly Angel is Ultra, guess that makes it 3 Ultra and 1 Secret so far
The rarity bumps are real right now :( ah well. Think I'm going to pick up a Firewall Dragon and a Topologic Bomber Dragon.

Unrelated: felt damn good to buy a Crystal Wing for $6.

Regiruler

As I expected, the subterror monster was a bit more generic than two subterrors, although two flips is more unfortunate than two EARTHs.

Heero5

Gotta say the character duel between Aster and Jack at WCQ was super entertaining. Made me want to rewatch a few others.

I like that the Subterror Link monster is basically generic because of it requiring 2 Flip monsters but it seems difficult to bring out 2 Flip monsters on the same turn unless you use stuff like Brilliant Fusion I guess.

I still have Prediction Princess cards so maybe it'll work in that deck >.>
Oh Shaddolls might work too with Falco's Flip effect going off.

Interested in seeing more Counter Fairy support since the boss monster for the new Structure Deck R was revealed.

Fj0823

I would almost says that Links actually make my deck faster.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Fj0823

My sarcasm detector clearly has failed me :/

The "Links will make the game slow and tactical like the first gen" narrative has been going on for a while.

Mostly from old players who're glad all other mechanics in the game got nerfed to make Links look better.

They're wrong of course

Heero5

The "Links will make the game slow and tactical like the first gen" narrative has been going on for a while.

Mostly from old players who're glad all other mechanics in the game got nerfed to make Links look better.

They're wrong of course
I remember people at my locals discussing how Links would slow the game down, I'm guilty of thinking that myself.

Though after seeing OCG replays I quickly learned Links are fast as hell and essentially just nerf existing decks.

Guess Links just seemed super slow at first because of how much crazy pendulums where.

Fj0823

Makes sense to me. All the other card borders state which type of monster they are already - it's only normal monsters that didn't.

Cause they were the most basic kind of monsters...every deviation from that should be written on the card but the simplest kind of card doesn't need it

Cause they were the most basic kind of monsters...every deviation from that should be written on the card but the simplest kind of card doesn't need it

I think it makes sense on the grounds that you can have a normal fusion monster or the like, which isn't necessarily intuitive

Fj0823

I think it makes sense on the grounds that you can have a normal fusion monster or the like, which isn't necessarily intuitive

A Fusion is never treated as a normal monster.

A Fusion without an effect is just a Fusion Monster, one with an effect is a Fusion Monster and an Effect monster as well

Hopefully Billy Brake wins the World Championship

the man is probably the best TCG player ever in terms of accomplishments, a WC win is icing on the cake to his career

Fj0823

I gotta give Links credit for one thing

They're the end of edgy card placements.

Fuck your Field Spells in the middle of the board, fuck placing your monsters upside down, and fuuuuuuuuuuck horizontal pendulum scales stacked together next to the graveyard.

My OCD WINS.

Heero5

I gotta give Links credit for one thing

They're the end of edgy card placements.

Fuck your Field Spells in the middle of the board, fuck placing your monsters upside down, and fuuuuuuuuuuck horizontal pendulum scales stacked together next to the graveyard.

My OCD WINS.
The Field Spells in the middle always drove me nuts.

Unrelated but I really hope D-Hero Dangerous is in CotD.

Edit: I guess D-Hero Dangerous is in CotD :)

Fj0823

Got Fucking nothing.

Like literally, the packs and mats got held at customs in the last minute so the store had no choice but to postpone the event until Tuesday.

An hour long bus ride for fucking nothing except some fun Pokemon TCG matches with a random girl.

Card Boy

Banned
If i'm new what budget options should i be buying? I don't want to buy booster packs, i have been burned out from other TCG's. I'd rather buy the singles i need or get them from pre-cons.

I currently have 3 Link Strike Starter decks, 3 Dinosmasher's Fury Structure Deck, 1 Geargia Rampage and 1 Yuya and Decklan Starter Deck. Are there any products i should be buying that have staple cards? Sorta thinking of getting Nobel Knights or Hero Strike.

Fj0823

If i'm new what budget options should i be buying? I don't want to buy booster packs, i have been burned out from other TCG's. I'd rather buy the singles i need or get them from pre-cons.

I currently have 3 Link Strike Starter decks, 3 Dinosmasher's Fury Structure Deck, 1 Geargia Rampage and 1 Yuya and Decklan Starter Deck. Are there any products i should be buying that have staple cards? Sorta thinking of getting Nobel Knights or Hero Strike.

Don't worry you got a lot of staple cards in those Starter Decks.

They got too many extra monsters now. Game was already getting complicated enough. I guess they made this new extra monster zone to nerf power creep and you have to work for for others with these link monsters?

Edit: I just noticed there's a new monster Type too. Cyberse? The fuck is that and how is it different from Machine-Type?

They got too many extra monsters now. Game was already getting complicated enough. I guess they made this new extra monster zone to nerf power creep and you have to work for for others with these link monsters?

Edit: I just noticed there's a new monster Type too. Cyberse? The fuck is that and how is it different from Machine-Type?

That was the basic idea yeah, but I don't think it worked out well for them since the top decks have been the ones that don't rely too much on extra deck summoning.

Cyberse is a new type that the VRAINS protag has access too, he seems to be the only one to have a deck of it and the current villain wants to destroy the Cyberse type for some reason.

Top Bottom