• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT2| You just activated my trap card!

I decided to order some grass is greener cards for my lightsworn deck, i got them for 12$ each, which i think is a decent price, in CDN dollars anyways

Can't wait for code tho >.<

I should really have looked up the banlist before, i didnt expect a new one so fast >.<
my magician girl deck is almost finished, i will post it when its complete >: D

Fj0823

I should really have looked up the banlist before, i didnt expect a new one so fast >.<
my magician girl deck is almost finished, i will post it when its complete >: D

This one was kind of an Emergency list. I mean Norden, Grass and Terrortop were wrecking somethe shit in the meta side.

The good thing is that pendulum Magicians are back, and probably will stay that way since Link Rules balance them out.

Next list will be after August 6 and I guarantee it will hit Gofu

God, Strike as a promo for the COTD SE is too good of a thing to not mean it's getting hit by the list soon after

Is Twilightsworn a good deck type? Curious because lightsworns were always one of my favorite archetypes

Well, good as in meta, ocg says no, but good as in "it works and it's fun"...I wouldn't know because I'm not a Lightsworn player :T

Fj0823

God, Strike as a promo for the COTD SE is too good of a thing to not mean it's getting hit by the list soon after

Well, good as in meta, ocg says no, but good as in "it works and it's fun"...I wouldn't know because I'm not a Lightsworn player :T

I can totally see it Limited, no way they'll have it Forbidden.

This one was kind of an Emergency list. I mean Norden, Grass and Terrortop were wrecking somethe shit in the meta side.

The good thing is that pendulum Magicians are back, and probably will stay that way since Link Rules balance them out.

Next list will be after August 6 and I guarantee it will hit Gofu

pendulum Magicians sound cool, but I need to finish magician girls >.<
my deck should run magic veil, and the burning cards right? like dark burning attack and dark burning magic.

Just when lightsworns were getting good
&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;

I feel that hitting Minerva right after the public can finally obtain her without either winning tournaments or paying insane prices would be a pretty dick move...so it would be fitting, but I'm still not sure why Minerva should even be hit.

KingBroly

Banned
I feel that hitting Minerva right after the public can finally obtain her without either winning tournaments or paying insane prices would be a pretty dick move...so it would be fitting, but I'm still not sure why Minerva should even be hit.

It's what Konami does

*Super hard-to-get card is 3-per-deck so it sells for super high prices

*Everyone can get 3 now!

*Is immediately limited to 1

I still advocate for them releasing a Forbidden Card Collection for $20-$30. Just a Common version of each Banned card so everyone can have 1.

Fj0823

It's what Konami does

*Super hard-to-get card is 3-per-deck so it sells for super high prices

*Everyone can get 3 now!

*Is immediately limited to 1

I still advocate for them releasing a Forbidden Card Collection for $20-$30. Just a Common version of each Banned card so everyone can have 1.

This basically, Konami usually holds off on banning a rare profitable card. As soon as they reprint it and the card stops selling booster boxes they pull the trigger on it. And that's far from the worst they've done.

Tour Guide from the Underworld is a good example, I remember Kevin Tewart purposefully saying (back when Xyz monsters debuted) that our TCG rules regarding Xyz materials were "under review" and that in the meantime we should consider Xyz materials to be cards on the field. Instead of...IDK following the clear statements made by the OCG guys that Xyz materials are not cards on the field.

This created a ridiculously OP play with Tour Guide from The Under World, Sangan and Number 17:Leviathan Dragon. giving you a 2500 monster and a search for free. Resulting in people buying a ton Extreme Victory booster packs.

As soon as Konami made their money on the last Synchro booster pack they walked back and set the rules straight for the second Xyz era expansion.

Not long after both Tour Guide and Sangan got reprinted and limited too.

That was infuriating

KingBroly

Banned
This basically, Konami usually holds off on banning a rare profitable card. As soon as they reprint it and the card stops selling booster boxes they pull the trigger on it. And that's far from the worst they've done.

Tour Guide from the Underworld is a good example, I remember Kevin Tewart purposefully saying (back when Xyz monsters debuted) that our TCG rules regarding Xyz materials were "under review" and that in the meantime we should consider Xyz materials to be cards on the field. Instead of...IDK following the clear statements made by the OCG guys that Xyz materials are not cards on the field.

This created a ridiculously OP play with Tour Guide from The Under World, Sangan and Number 17:Leviathan Dragon. giving you a 2500 monster and a search for free. Resulting in people buying a ton Extreme Victory booster packs.

As soon as Konami made their money on the last Synchro booster pack they walked back and set the rules straight for the second Xyz era expansion.

Not long after both Tour Guide and Sangan got reprinted and limited too.

That was infuriating

They're completely changing the rules for Pendulum Summoning. That's going to destroy Metalfoes and any other Pendulum style decks/cards released until then.

Fj0823

They're completely changing the rules for Pendulum Summoning. That's going to destroy Metalfoes and any other Pendulum style decks/cards released until then.

They're changing the rules for all Summons. Every single deck that focuses on having more than 1 Extra Deck Monster is fucked.

But at least you know what's coming. What happened then was a slap in the face.

The equivalent would be that despite the japanese rules being out. Konami NA comes out and say that Pendulums are "under review" with the Link new rules and in the meantime you should play like always.And then after the final pendulum cards are sold it turns out the developers of the game were obviously right all along

KingBroly

Banned
They're changing the rules for all Summons. Every single deck that focuses on having more than 1 Extra Deck Monster is fucked.

But at least you know what's coming. What happened then was a slap in the face.

The equivalent would be that despite the japanese rules being out. Konami NA comes out and say that Pendulums are "under review" with the Link new rules and in the meantime you should play like always.And then after the final pendulum cards are sold it turns out the developers of the game were obviously right all along

I'm not 100% sure on what Link Summoning is or does other than it's a complete OCD mechanic in regards to board placement.

EDIT: Is Tornado Dragon a good card to play or should I just sell it?

I'm not 100% sure on what Link Summoning is or does other than it's a complete OCD mechanic in regards to board placement.

EDIT: Is Tornado Dragon a good card to play or should I just sell it?

hmmm
2 Level 4 monsters

Once per turn, during either player’s turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it.

I pulled one too, and am going to keep it, its a level 4 so pretty useful in my lightsworn deck
http://yugiohtopdecks.com/card/Tornado+Dragon
seems like its playing in zoo decks

Fj0823

hmmm
2 Level 4 monsters

Once per turn, during either player’s turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it.

I pulled one too, and am going to keep it, its a level 4 so pretty useful in my lightsworn deck

tumblr_nigix6C41y1s24d71o1_500.png

KingBroly

Banned
hmmm
2 Level 4 monsters

I don't really have much in the way of Zoodiac stuff

The only 2 decks I'm even close to completing are a BEWD deck and an ABC deck. But even then I'm short a Side and Extra deck

It's not so much that it's good specifically for Zoo, but more like it's a decent card for any deck that makes rank 4 xyzs.

I'd say to keep it unless you need the extra cash now. Even if you don't play it chances are it might go up in price later.

Fj0823

Apparently on this new era,the Graveyard will be known simply as GY.

Also Xyz Materials are just "Materials" now.

Man, I get you need to save space on the cards but "Graveyard" was iconic ):

KingBroly

Banned
Apparently on this new era,the Graveyard will be known simply as GY.

Also Xyz Materials are just "Materials" now.

Man, I get you need to save space on the cards but "Graveyard" was iconic ):

Surprised it's not gY or Gy.

Could just call it the Grave.

Fj0823

A good change in the text is the new wording for Xyz Changes

Previously:
"(Xyz Materials attached to that monster become Xyz Materials attached to this card)"

Now:
"(Transfer it's materials to this card)"

Fj0823

This. One acronym is enough. Now we have LP, GY and before you know it, so many acronyms you'll need a key to read cards. It's just unpleasant to read anyway.

This x2, soon we will have LV, RNK, PEND, SYNC, FUS,LNK, SPL, TRP,FSC,ESC,RSCand it will get damn ugly

Vashetti

Banned
Got mine this morning. Obelisk promo card inside!

Nice, how is the Blu itself? Good quality?

I was thinking of getting the doublepack with Bonds Beyond Time included, but I didn't like that very much.

I like DSoD because it's focused entirely on the original series.

Fj0823

If i pretend link summons never happened, i wont have to change how I play!!!
*cowers in fear*

That worked wonders for the NO SYNCHRO/XYZ/PENDULUM/CONTACT.FIRSTTURNDRAW guys in Dueling Network

It didn't. Trolling them with Black Luster Soldier is so much fun :'D

Trying to make a dark magician deck but theres so many different variations lol
>.<
If anyone wants to help, this is it

3x Dark Magician Girl
3x Berry Magician Girl
3x Chocolate Magician Girl
3x Kiwi Magician Girl
2x Apple Magician Girl
2x Berry Magician Girl
3x Dark Magician
2x Summoner Monk
1x Dark Magician of Chaos
1x Magician's Rod
1x Chaos Sorcerer

Magic cards
1x Ilusion Magic
1x Foolish Burial
1x Dark Burning Attack
1x Dark Burning Magic
1x Dark Hole
1x Upstart Goblin
1x Dark Magic Inheritance
1x Dark Magic Expanded

Trap Cards
3x Dark Renewal
3x Eternal Soul
3x Call of the Haunted
1x Solemn Warning
1x Magician's Circle
1x Mirror Force

===============================
some cards which I have which I am considering moving into the deck are
3x Pot of Duality
3x Savage Colosseum, which Fj0823 has rec'd I think
2x Magician's Defense
3x Fairy Tail - Luna
2x Fairy Tail - Sleeper
2x Dark Magic Veil, Which I will add to the deck

I also got some Allure Of Darkness

Any suggestions will be appreciation, thanks

KingBroly

Banned
Trying to make a dark magician deck but theres so many different variations lol
>.<
If anyone wants to help, this is it

3x Dark Magician Girl
3x Berry Magician Girl
3x Chocolate Magician Girl
3x Kiwi Magician Girl
2x Apple Magician Girl
2x Berry Magician Girl
3x Dark Magician
2x Summoner Monk
1x Dark Magician of Chaos
1x Magician's Rod
1x Chaos Sorcerer

Magic cards
1x Ilusion Magic
1x Foolish Burial
1x Dark Burning Attack
1x Dark Burning Magic
1x Dark Hole
1x Upstart Goblin
1x Dark Magic Inheritance
1x Dark Magic Expanded

Trap Cards
3x Dark Renewal
3x Eternal Soul
3x Call of the Haunted
1x Solemn Warning
1x Magician's Circle
1x Mirror Force

===============================
some cards which I have which I am considering moving into the deck are
3x Pot of Duality
3x Savage Colosseum, which Fj0823 has rec'd I think
2x Magician's Defense
3x Fairy Tail - Luna
2x Fairy Tail - Sleeper
2x Dark Magic Veil, Which I will add to the deck

I also got some Allure Of Darkness

Any suggestions will be appreciation, thanks

If I had another Legendary Decks 2 I could build this deck right now. But I can't. :(

Still don't have a Deck I can play yet, despite having 2 in construction.

Top Bottom