• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT2| You just activated my trap card!

Fj0823

For fuck's sake Yugi and Kaiba AGAIN?

Yugo and Yuri had the cards of the actual packs you're including in the tin!

Or hey, why not have Yusaku as an intro to the VRAINS era and give us cheap access to some of the Links you are fucking forcing us to play?

They did it when Synchros released! A Stardust tin, BRD tin,everything to get you what you need for the big change...

But sure, let's keep the nostalgia boner going. Who can forget the iconic scene where Kaiba used Starvenom Fusion Dragon to rekt a bunch of GX fanboys?

For fuck's sake Yugi and Kaiba AGAIN?

Yugo and Yuri had the cards of the actual packs you're including in the tin!

I mean, to be fair, SHIV and TDIL are in this so technically they also have many included. Not that I'm not unhappy about this mind you :/

I'm guessing one of the Yugi pronos is gonna be Mahad and Kaiba will get Alternative.

Escargo

I mean, to be fair, SHIV and TDIL are in this so technically they also have many included. Not that I'm not unhappy about this mind you :/

I'm guessing one of the Yugi pronos is gonna be Mahad and Kaiba will get Alternative.

Please be sage instead. And yugi needs the magician circle cont spell card to be reprinted

Fj0823

I swear to god, if this year's legendary collection is Yugi's World 2.0 I'll be beyond pissed.

Its Zexal's time to shine, even if the anime sucked, Galaxy cards are cool and deserve some rarity bumps ):

A.J.

Banned
I hope Kaiba either comes with Sage or Twin Burst.

Edit: Also I don't know what you guys are talking about. Legacy characters being​ pushed over Arc-V charcters? These are the most anime accurate Arc-V tins yet!

Kito

I've only watched the original series so I'm not too upset over the tin themes, although, for example, I would much prefer Joey and Pegasus.

A.J.

Banned
I've only watched the original series so I'm not too upset over the tin themes, although, for example, I would much prefer Joey and Pegasus.

Or Marik so that we can get Ra to go with last year's Slifer and Obelisk

Heero5

Hey guy and gals I was wondering if I could get some advice/recommendations for my deck, both pre and post Link summoning:

Monsters:
2X Elemental HERO - Shadow Mist
3X Destiny HERO - Malicious
2X Destiny HERO - Celestial
1X Destiny HERO - Drilldark
2X Armageddon Knight
2X Summoner Monk
2X Red Resonator
1X Plaguespreader Zombie
1X Maxx C

Spells:
3X Mask Change
2X Instant Fusion
2X A Hero Lives
3X Destiny Draw
2X Allure of Darkness
2X Resonator Call
1X Reinforcements of the Army
1X Foolish Burial
2X Twin Twister
1X Dark Hole
1X Raigeki
1X Soul Charge

Traps:
1X Mirror Force
1X Torrential Tribute
1X Solemn Warning
1X Solemn Strike
1X Bottomless Trap Hole
1X Imperial Order

Extra:
3X Masked HERO Dark Law
1X Elder Entity Norden
1X Ultimaya Tzolk'in
1X Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon
1X Void Ogre Dragon
1X Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend
1x Stardust Spark Dragon
1X Coral Dragon
1X Brionic, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1X Number S39: Utopia the Lightning
1X Number 39: Untopia
1X Number 101: Silent Honor ARK
1X Casterl, the Skyblaster Musketeer

Side:
1X The Winged Dragon of Ra - Sphere Mode
2X Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju
2X Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit
2X Swords of Conceiling Light
2X Anit-Spell Fragrance
2X Light-Imprisoning Mirror

A.J.

Banned
I'd recommend watching the first season of 5D's. It's a good self contained Yugioh story and I heard the following seasons aren't very good.. Also if you are going to watch Arc-V then just watch the first season then write fanfiction for the rest of the story. It will probably be better than what actually happens. Otherwise GX will service you better for your spin off Yugioh needs.

I'd recommend watching the first season of 5D's. It's a good self contained Yugioh story and I heard the following seasons aren't very good...

Its not that it's all terrible, there's just a bunch of irrelevant stuff.

This chart should help people watching past episode 64.

2p8Tbfu.png

Fj0823

Its not that it's all terrible, there's just a bunch of irrelevant stuff.

This chart should help people watching past episode 64.

I approve of this message.

Regarding Zexal, here is my guide

Watch the episode introducing Shingetsu
Watch the Vector plot twist episode.
Watch the Original, GX, 5D's, Arc-V or VRAINS

There, best way to watch Zexal

A.J.

Banned
I approve of this message.

Regarding Zexal, here is my guide

Watch the episode introducing Shingetsu
Watch the Vector plot twist episode.
Watch the Original, GX, 5D's, Arc-V or VRAINS

There, best way to watch Zexal
Don't skip out on Yuma vs. Alito.

Kito

I went to a tournament today, primarily for an OTS pack in the hope of pulling an ultimate rare (I didn't). The matches themselves were annoying, a bunch of swarm decks and stall decks against my Dark Magician. I'll take a Toon deck next time and bypass all that shit in the way.

Regiruler

I went to a tournament today, primarily for an OTS pack in the hope of pulling an ultimate rare (I didn't). The matches themselves were annoying, a bunch of swarm decks and stall decks against my Dark Magician. I'll take a Toon deck next time and bypass all that shit in the way.

I've got bad news...

Also I haven't heard "swarm deck" since 2012. Takes me back.

Fj0823

I still feel like the COTD leak is a hallucination.

I think its amazing that they made a LINK-4 card that destroys all the main monster zones when you summon a monster to any linked zone...like wow what a troll card.

That said right now there's only about 4 generic link monsters that allow older decks to play...it's too little.

Wichu

Are the new structure decks any good? Was thinking of picking up a few for twin twisters....

Yeah, they're both solid. The Dinosaur one is fairly competitive if you can find copies of Evolzar Dolkka and Evolzar Laggia (Dinosaur-specific Xyz monsters).

The Dino deck is currently tier 1 when mixed with True Kings in Japan. It also comes with really good staple reprints so yeah.

God I really regret not buying cheap True Kings when I had the chance =_=

I might pick up a few when im at locals again

You guys use custom playmats/sleeves? Thinking of picking up some fate/stay night swag like sleeves, deck boxes etc xD

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Just watched the subbed version of the newest movie a theater was showing, great stuff. Kaiba was so over the top, it was amazing. He built a space elevator and space station just to minimize the time it would take to reassemble the Millennium Puzzle.

A.J.

Banned
Just watched the subbed version of the newest movie a theater was showing, great stuff. Kaiba was so over the top, it was amazing. He built a space elevator and space station just to minimize the time it would take to reassemble the Millennium Puzzle.
Also the elevator is for his private dueling time with his personally crafted Atem AI.

Wichu

I might pick up a few when im at locals again

You guys use custom playmats/sleeves? Thinking of picking up some fate/stay night swag like sleeves, deck boxes etc xD

If you're getting sleeves with art on, I would consider double sleeving with a clear standard-size sleeve over the top (Dragon Shield sleeves are my personal favourite). The ink layer tends to wear out quickly if you shuffle a lot.

Ignore the above if you want to play in sanctioned tournaments - I think official tournament rules only allow single sleeving for some reason.

If you're getting sleeves with art on, I would consider double sleeving with a clear standard-size sleeve over the top (Dragon Shield sleeves are my personal favourite). The ink layer tends to wear out quickly if you shuffle a lot.

Ignore the above if you want to play in sanctioned tournaments - I think official tournament rules only allow single sleeving for some reason.

Seriously? Thanks, was going to order some expensive event sleeves lol >.<
I will just stick to ultra pro lol

Speaking of Ultra Pro sleeves, did they drop in quality recently or did I just buy a bad pack?

did they break easily? I brought some for pokemon, and they had jagged edges : /

EDIT

I dont like buying them because of the mark, like the small circle...but my locals only stock those >.<

Fj0823

Playing against Gouki and Stargrail were an eye-opener to how easy it is to spam Links

Thankfully, Fluffal DGAF about new rules

Tiger OP.

Qvoth

out of the 3 (4?) new archtypes, which do you think is the strongest?
referring to cyverse, tricksters, gouki and stargrail
have a feeling cyverse is kinda underwhelming just based on the cards, i haven't touched yugioh in years though so what do i know?

Fj0823

out of the 3 (4?) new archtypes, which do you think is the strongest?
referring to cyverse, tricksters, gouki and stargrail
have a feeling cyverse is kinda underwhelming just based on the cards, i haven't touched yugioh in years though so what do i know?

I got wrecked by Stargrails hard several times

Gouki was a pain too but mainly because they have a mechanic with no limits while most of my decks now have a dumb "1 at a time" rule for their best cards and there are not enough generic links for me to keep up with the much slower pace of the game har har. (I am still very mad)

Had to switch to Fluffal to have a chance

Trickster and Cyverse are bad, I felt like they were one trick ponies. Beat them easily with Galaxy-Eyes

My vote goes to Stargrail.

New legacy support pack, new playstyle for Red Eyes because why the fuck not. Now they're a gemini rank 7 equip burn deck or something.

Playing against Gouki and Stargrail were an eye-opener to how easy it is to spam Links

Thankfully, Fluffal DGAF about new rules

Tiger OP.

The game will slow down SO much guys really I swear

Fj0823

New legacy support pack, new playstyle for Red Eyes because why the fuck not. Now they're a gemini rank 7 equip burn deck or something.

The game will slow down SO much guys really I swear

The worst is that ALL of the Stargrail and Gouki Links unlock zones only for their side. They are extremely easy to set up with no openings for the opponent

I expected it to happen...but not on fucking set 1.

This set should've had a fuckton of generic links for older decks to keep up with the summon spam.

Fj0823

Wait, the structure decks are actually good? I was under the impression that they were "okay".

Dinos are OP as fuck with or without the Rule Change

Tornado Dragon is such a big Fuck You to Pendulum players like me lmao talk about adding insult to injury.

Why is it fucking Rank 4? Rank 4 continues to be overpowered 2 gens later

thinking of subbing to shonen jump for the promo card lol
Apprentice Illusion Magician this time >.<
how long does it take them to ship, and get it to you btw? (Canada)

Tornado dragon makes me want to quit Yugioh.

When I first saw it I was like "oh it's just a r4nk MST" and it wasn't until a little later that I was "oh shit it's a r4nk MST".

After the fusion tuner from last time I assumed they'd do something easily accessible and powerful but I never imagined this.

Honestly I'm more mad over Diagram being secret.

Boy, the nerf to pendulum decks is way too much, no way to play those decks anymore

RIP my zarc deck before the cards are even avalible :C

Fj0823

Boy, the nerf to pendulum decks is way too much, no way to play those decks anymore

RIP my zarc deck before the cards are even avalible :C

The nerf was to everything not named Links.

I think Fusions and Synchros got it worst. Pendulum can recycle stuff to the hand and Xyz have Rank-Up and Xyz Change to play around the summon limits

What really makes me mad were people defending this shit because Links would make the game slower. Gouki is a shit tier deck and it's fast as fuck not because their Links are good, but because older non-meta decks were gimped to make them look better.

Meta is still fast and stupid with Dinos and Zoos even with Links. The only people affected by the change are the casual players like me who liked to pull off hard to summon boss monsters in friendly duels, which is a bigger market than the people attending tournaments if the pojo posts by Kevin Tewart are to be believed.

Sandfox

The nerf was to everything not named Links.

I think Fusions and Synchros got it worst. Pendulum can recycle stuff to the hand and Xyz have Rank-Up and Xyz Change to play around the summon limits

What really makes me mad were people defending this shit because Links would make the game slower. Gouki is a shit tier deck and it's fast as fuck not because their Links are good, but because older non-meta decks were gimped to make them look better.

Meta is still fast and stupid with Dinos and Zoos even with Links. The only people affected by the change are the casual players like me who liked to pull off hard to summon boss monsters in friendly duels, which is a bigger market than the people attending tournaments if the pojo posts by Kevin Tewart are to be believed.

The main Yugioh market will just be buying packs and decks based on the new series.

Top Bottom