• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT2| You just activated my trap card!

Fj0823

Whoa, Gofu gives you a free Link Spider

Also, according to this Link Summoning should be coming to the TCG on July 21

It also gives you a 1 card Decode Talker since you can summon spider, SS a normal monster to the zone linked to it, then send Gofu, the Spider and the 2nd token to grave to summon Talker.

You now have Talker and a Vanilla material to set up a synchro,xyz or even more Links. And you haven't even used your normal summon.

Making the Game Slower.™

Wow, am I happy that I sold my copy of Zoodiac Barrage.

Here's the list
[OCG] April 1st 2017 Limit Regulations
Forbidden:
The Tyrant Neptune
Zoodiac Drident
Zoodiac Barrage

Limited:
Witch of the Black Forrest
Zoodiac Ratpier
Blackwing – Gofu the Vague Shadow
Interrupted Kaiju Slumber

Semi-Limited:
Elemental HERO Stratos
Armageddon Knight
Fairy Tail – Snow
Goyo Guardian
Ignister Prominence, the Blasting Dracoslayer
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Fire Formation – Tenki
Brain Control

Unlimited:
Artifact Moralltach
Magician of Faith
D/D Lamia

Well at least D/D/D got all their Lamia back.
Stratos to 2, TCG please ;-;
What cards did Tyrant Neptune take advantage of to get itself forbidden? lol. Oh looking around, seems it was Ruri's Independent Nightingale

Fj0823

Yusaku's true ace monster has been revealed.

Firewall Dragon
Light
Cyverse / Link / Effect
ATK/2500 LINK 4
↑ ← → ↓
Any Monsters (min. 2)
(1) Once, while this card is face-up, during either player’s turn: You can target any number of monsters on the field and/or in the Graveyards, up to the number of monsters in Linked with this card; return them to the hand.
(2) If a monster linked by this card is destroyed by battle or sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 monster from your hand.

So good old scapegoat gets me this guy for almost no cost.

Yusaku's true ace monster has been revealed.

Firewall Dragon
Light
Cyverse / Link / Effect
ATK/2500 LINK 4
↑ ← → ↓
Any Monsters (min. 2)
(1) Once, while this card is face-up, during either player’s turn: You can target any number of monsters on the field and/or in the Graveyards, up to the number of monsters in Linked with this card; return them to the hand.
(2) If a monster linked by this card is destroyed by battle or sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 monster from your hand.

So good old scapegoat gets me this guy for almost no cost.

Well, that's assuming you set and activate Scapegoat during your opponent's end phase, or do it during your previous turn and hope they don't kill all the tokens, Even I forgot that you can't summon other monsters the turn you activate it.

Now about that Link Dragon, that effect is pretty good. And the card artwork, drool...

Fj0823

Well, that's assuming you set and activate Scapegoat during your opponent's end phase, or do it during your previous turn and hope they don't kill all the tokens, Even I forgot that you can't summon other monsters the turn you activate it.

Now about that Link Dragon, that effect is pretty good. And the card artwork, drool...

You need to set Scapegoat and use it on your opponent's end phase. another good option is to use Gofu but that got limited.

Or if you run vanilla,you can just let one token die since you can summon link spider and SS the missing material.

But yeah, It is a really cool card with a really cool artwork.

The ace monster this time is another Dragon, but it's technically not a Dragon >.>

I like the parallels Yusaka's Link monsters have with Yusei's Synchros.

Firewall Dragon = Stardust Dragon (2500 Attack)
Decode Talker = Junk Warrior (2300 Attack)

Fj0823

The ace monster this time is another Dragon, but it's technically not a Dragon >.>

I like the parallels Yusaka's Link monsters have with Yusei's Synchros.

Firewall Dragon = Stardust Dragon (2500 Attack)
Decode Talker = Junk Warrior (2300 Attack)

I don't think Firewall is gonna be as much as a game changer as Stardust.

Stardust was so good people had to look for ways other than destroying for removing monsters. Changing the Game forever.

Ignoring the fact that Konami fucked all other mechanics to make Links insta relevant, Firewall gives you one extra zone if summoned to the Extra monster zone and another one to your opponent.

You need to get him in a Main Monster Zone to truly get it to shine (as it will be capable of bouncing up to 3 monster),Link Summoning him at a cost of 4 monsters in the main zones, is no easy task yet.

But if you do get him in a good position, he's a total boss.

Wichu

I don't think Firewall is gonna be as much as a game changer as Stardust.

Stardust was so good people had to look for ways other than destroying for removing monsters. Changing the Game forever.

Ignoring the fact that Konami fucked all other mechanics to make Links insta relevant, Firewall gives you one extra zone of summoned to the Extra monster zone and another one to your opponent.

You need to get him in a Main Monster Zone to truly get it to shine (as it will be capable of bouncing up to 3 monster),Link Summoning him at a cost of 4 monsters in the main zones, is no easy task yet.

But if you do get him in a good position, he's a total boss.

Do your Link Monsters let your opponent summon in their Main Monster Zones? I was under the impression that you can only summon in zones you've linked yourself.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I like the design of the girl, but isn't this just like Yuya, Yuzu, and Gogenzaka?

Fj0823

Do your Link Monsters let your opponent summon in their Main Monster Zones? I was under the impression that you can only summon in zones you've linked yourself.

I think so, yes.

There would be no real point in the arrows facing up if that were the case.

As of now, many high Link Level Link monsters have the drawback of giving your opponent more Fusion,Synchro,Xyz,Pendulum and Link options

Edit: Yep, it's as I said
Linked Zones are any Zones that are pointed to by Link Markers on Link Monsters. Any monsters occupying such Zones are considered to be linked to the Link Monster whose Link Marker is pointing to them. If a Main Monster Zone is currently a Linked Zone, a player can Special Summon monsters from their Extra Deck to those Zones.

[TCG] March 31st, 2017 Forbidden & Limited
Forbidden:
Majespecter Unicorn – Kirin
The Tyrant Neptune
Vanity’s Emptiness

Limited:
Maxx “C”
Rescue Cat
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Brain Control
Future Fusion
Imperial Order

Semi-Limited:
Wisdom-Eye Magician
Zoodiac Ratpier
Interrupted Kaiju Slumber

Unlimited:
Sangan
http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/index.html

Tyrant Neptune ban before we even get the Lyrical Luscinias. All the errata'd cards get dropped from Forbidden. Kirin dead, but Pendulum Magicians get one more Wisdom-Eye. Light hit on Zoodiac, expected since the Special Edition of Raging Tempest recently released.

[TCG] March 31st, 2017 Forbidden & Limited

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/index.html

Tyrant Neptune ban before we even get the Lyrical Luscinias. All the errata'd cards get dropped from Forbidden. Kirin dead, but Pendulum Magicians get one more Wisdom-Eye. Light hit on Zoodiac, expected since the Special Edition of Raging Tempest recently released.

Alot of those that came off the forbidden list have had text changes in the OCG, so expect them to be reflected on future versions of these cards in the TCG.

Rescue Cat
You can send this face-up card you control to the Graveyard; Special Summon 2 Level 3 or lower Beast-Type monsters from your Deck, but they have their effects negated, also they are destroyed during the End Phase. You can only use this effect of "Rescue Cat" once per turn.

Brionac
You can discard any number of cards to the Graveyard, then target the same number of cards your opponent controls; return them to the hand. You can only use this effect of "Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier" once per turn.

Brain Control
Pay 800 LP, then target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls that can be Normal Summoned/Set; take control of that target until the End Phase.

Future Fusion
During your 1st Standby Phase after this card's activation: Reveal 1 Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck and send, from your Main Deck to the Graveyard, the Fusion Materials that are listed on that Fusion Monster Card. During your 2nd Standby Phase after this card's activation: Fusion Summon 1 of that Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck and target it with this card. When this card leaves the field, destroy that target. When that target is destroyed, destroy this card.

Imperial Order
Negate all Spell Card effects on the field. Once per turn, during the Standby Phase, you must pay 700 LP (this is not optional), or this card is destroyed.

Sangan
If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: Add 1 monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck to your hand, but you cannot activate cards, or the effects of cards, with that name for the rest of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Sangan" once per turn.

Hmm. Imperial Order + Siegfried in D/D/D...

Won't it negate the LP cost of the Contracts? Then you can switch it off during the rest of your turn with Siegfried.

Jigolo

Don't know if this is the right place to ask but, I have a huge Yu-Gi-Oh collection stored somewhere because I used to be a huge fan as a young boy. It's been sitting there for awhile and I was wondering if there is somewhere you can determine how much your collection costs to sell it. Is there a website like that?

Fj0823

Don't know if this is the right place to ask but, I have a huge Yu-Gi-Oh collection stored somewhere because I used to be a huge fan as a young boy. It's been sitting there for awhile and I was wondering if there is somewhere you can determine how much your collection costs to sell it. Is there a website like that?

Check how much your cards are going for here: www.trollandtoad.com

I randomly decided to look at the Legend of Blue Eyes pack section of that site.... and dear god I forgot how shitty the cards were.

Yeah here's a 3 Star fusion monster with no effect.
Like, why bother even having the card period ahah.

Fj0823

I randomly decided to look at the Legend of Blue Eyes pack section of that site.... and dear god I forgot how shitty the cards were.

Yeah here's a 3 Star fusion monster with no effect.
Like, why bother even having the card period ahah.

latest

The redeemer of all shitty fusions

Edit:
Theres been an update on the Link summon mechanic.

You can steal your opponent's Extra Monster Zone if you build a bridge with your own link monsters between them.

This is the only scenario where you can take control of it.

I've been testing out Zoodiacs with the Ratpier hit and it's definitely a blow. If you have the opportunity to special summon Ratpier with Terrortop or Barrage, I definitely think you should go Tiger King -> Tensu now. The Emeral play is just not as explosive now.

And if you happen to to draw Ratpier with no special summon fallback, man, that's a tough start. I'm honestly not sure what you would do now. I'm thinking that you would just stack to Drident with the 1 rat and not even search the second one.

I purchased some singles. I love the different ultra rare foil.

Yea! they look pretty cool! Definitely would buy some dark magicians and blue eyes if i dont pull any. Read on reddit Brionac was short printed, hope not >.<

Any chance if Magician Navigation or Dark Magical Circle gets reprinted? Want to make a Dark Magician deck but those cards are a bit expensive >.<

Fj0823

Are link summons beginner friendly?
Played the game when synchos were going on. Just learned xyz and pendulum summoning still confuses me xD

Link summon is by far the easiest mechanic to pull off.

You just need to send any kind of monsters on the field to the graveyard equal to the Link Level of the Link Monsters, the Link Monster goes to the new Extra Monster Zone

3 random monsters = 1 Link 3 Link Monster

Link Monsters can also be used to summon other Links with a higher Link Level with ease

A link 3 monster + 1 Random monster = 1 Link 4 Link Monsters

firewall_dragon_by_grezar-db2s9p2.png

Links have no Level, Rank or DEF and can never be placed in any form of defense position.

Link Monster cards have red arrows pointing to the monster card zones, starting in April you can only summon Fusion, Synchros, Xyz and Pendulums from the extra deck into the zones pointed at by Link Monsters (which is a bunch of Bullshit for me)

Master-Rule-Link-Zones-Translated-2.jpg

If you don't have Link Monsters you can only summon 1 synchro/xyz/etc to the new Extra Monster Zone, and cannot replace it until it's removed from there.

This video can help illustrate, but unfortunately it's only subbed in Spanish.

https://youtu.be/GIKiVL9QXjw

A.J.

Banned
Are link summons beginner friendly?
Played the game when synchos were going on. Just learned xyz and pendulum summoning still confuses me xD

Link summoning is probably the easiest summoning technique yet. 2 Monsters can be sacrificed to summon a link 2 monster. 3 monsters can be sacrificed to summon a link 3 monster. You can also use a link 2 monsters plus another regular monster to summon a link 3 monster.

Edit: Beaten

Kito

Screaming. Bought the last TDIL booster pack in my local bookshop and pulled Magician Navigation. Their booster packs weren't behind the counter; I was convinced it would've been weighed - apparently not!

Screaming. Bought the last TDIL booster pack in my local bookshop and pulled Magician Navigation. Their booster packs weren't behind the counter; I was convinced it would've been weighed - apparently not!

Wow congrats, thats a great card! Love the art >.<

Kito

Any chance if Magician Navigation or Dark Magical Circle gets reprinted? Want to make a Dark Magician deck but those cards are a bit expensive >.<

Sooner than you might expect! The 2017 Mega Tins this August will have TDIL reprints (and others). Dark Magical Circle and Twin Burst Dragon will be mine.

Sooner than you might expect! The 2017 Mega Tins this August will have TDIL reprints (and others). Dark Magical Circle and Twin Burst Dragon will be mine.

Wow
kinda happy i didnt start buying them now!!

Minerva, the Exalted Lightsworn is getting reprinted as well in Battle of Legend -Light's Revenge- , coming out Jul.7

http://www.ideal808.com/catalog/ygo/battleoflegend/701593

^kinda happy about ther Minerva reprint, I got a old lightsworn deck which was my first "real" deck, so its makes me happy lightsworns are getting support : )

A Yugi and a Kaiba mega tin
Again
For a second year in a row

Clearly they've gotten so little love that this was absolutely necessary rather than something like having Yugo/Clear Wing and Yuri/Starve Venom to compliment the 2015 OEPD and Dark Rebellion tins and as a way send off the Arc V era

Top Bottom