• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu Suzuki and Mark Cerny talk Shenmue III strategy?!

Pennywise

They know each other and had an interview together in the past,therefore a picture isn't suprising.Still hope never dies....

fabprems

I really like the "savior of the internet" storytelling that's going on right now with this Cerny guy, but I tell you, if he's keeping it at that pace, I might vote that he's CG #teamCG

Don't do this to yourself guys.
dream.jpg

Endo Punk

Does he even want to make Shenmue 3? It's been over a decade since the last one, if he really wanted it made it would have been done years ago. At this point only Nintendo, Sony or MS can make it happen not Suzuki and certainly not SEGA. Please someone moneyhat this!

I have no plans to buy a PS4.

But let me be clear.
Put Shenmue 3 on it.
I don't even need to see reviews.
Make the graphics just like before I don't care!
Ill be there. Day one, son.

Day. One.

Shenmue rocks my world.

MormaPope

Banned
Shenmue 3 would be vastly different than what it originally was for Shenmue 1&2. Shenmue is basically an detective adventure game with slightly different outcomes based on player success, failure, or the process in which the player solves a problem/objective. While I personally loved that type of gameplay and style, it would be a hard sell for any newcomers currently.

Shenmue 3 being made now as a PS4 exclusive could entail a Heavy Rain type of game where there's dialog choices with certain NPC's, instead of questioning any and all NPC's. QTE's would still be a central mechanic during cutscenes, combat would be identical or resemble what was created for Shenmue 1&2.

Basically, more spectacle with characters and character interactions, less interaction and exploration overall, open environments would still be in, less detective work more interrogation or branching conversations, updated but similar combat system.

The Shenmue soul still burns.

Won't exactly get my hopes up, but the start of a new generation often seems to be the time where the willingness to try crazy things in the name of prestige.

Shenmue III being made would be way more about making a statement than making money. Seriously, if Sony revived the franchise they'd have my sword, axe, bow, spork, chopsticks and living soul for the rest of time.

There's definitely something up with the Shenmue franchise. IGN reported that Shenmue I and II HD were complete a long time ago and we haven't seen a damn thing SEGA regarding those titles.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wouldnt mind a Shenmue 1+2 HD Collection for Vita/PS3 first.

MormaPope

Banned
Shenmue 1&2 next-gen remake + Shenmue 3

Remakes instead of a HD collection? No way, Shenmue has it's audience, but Sega won't sink any extensive amount of money into Shenmue ever again.

Also next gen remakes wouldn't add anything besides extreme graphical improvements, the gameplay itself wouldn't attract that many newcomers.

MormaPope

Banned
Seriously, somebody make this happen. And for the love of all that is good and holy include a PC version.

If there is a god, they would include the Japanese voice overs with all versions. I don't know if I can handle the fish men English voice overs again.

Top Bottom