• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yukes acquires Lingerie Football league licence

kliklik

Banned
So I guess this means that the only sports video games with female teams now are Lingerie Football, Dead or Alive beach volleyball, and Rumble Roses?

Is it any wonder that the Amateur International Boxing Association had to be told that forcing female boxers to wear miniskirts is not acceptable; the All England Club and Wimbledon Play Committee admitted that, while they decide which court male pro tennis players get to play in based on seed rank, attractiveness is the only yardstick used for female pro tennis players and they are relegating top-seeding female athletes to peripheral courts to banish them away from the cameras; and the International Olympic Committee argued in the BC Supreme Court that they have the right to exclude women from the Olympics and the Charter's guarantees of women's rights and equality doesn't apply to them. Upon being pressed in court, they said that the same would apply to Black athletes if they wanted to exclude them. This drew gasps from the people in court. But no-one bats an eye when female athletes like in women's ski-jumping aren't allowed merely because they're female. The Supreme Court found that the IOC was indeed discriminating against women and violating their rights and freedoms as guaranteed under the Charter, but ruled that the IOC was perfectly entitled to do so.

Things like Lingerie Football and its success only help reinforce the idea that female athletic achievement is less valuable, worthless and uninteresting because the only thing that interests men in a woman is her body. It sends a great message to little girls everywhere that no matter how hard you work and how much you accomplish, you will always be reduced to your body. That's so cute how you want to be a pro athlete - now please bend over and shake your ass.

patapuf

So I guess this means that the only sports video games with female teams now are Lingerie Football, Dead or Alive beach volleyball, and Rumble Roses?

Is it any wonder that the Amateur International Boxing Association had to be told that forcing female boxers to wear miniskirts is not acceptable; the All England Club and Wimbledon Play Committee admitted that, while they decide which court male pro tennis players get to play in based on seed rank, attractiveness is the only yardstick used for female pro tennis players and they are relegating top-seeding female athletes to peripheral courts to banish them away from the cameras; and the International Olympic Committee argued in the BC Supreme Court that they have the right to exclude women from the Olympics and the Charter's guarantees of women's rights and equality doesn't apply to them. Upon being pressed in court, they said that the same would apply to Black athletes if they wanted to exclude them. This drew gasps from the people in court. But no-one bats an eye when female athletes like in women's ski-jumping aren't allowed merely because they're female. The Supreme Court found that the IOC was indeed discriminating against women and violating their rights and freedoms as guaranteed under the Charter, but ruled that the IOC was perfectly entitled to do so.

Things like Lingerie Football and its success only help reinforce the idea that female athletic achievement is less valuable, worthless and uninteresting because the only thing that interests men in a woman is her body. It sends a great message to little girls everywhere that no matter how hard you work and how much you accomplish, you will always be reduced to your body. That's so cute how you want to be a pro athlete - now please bend over and shake your ass.

i wouldn't exactly call the LFL a sucess.

i didn't know about the wimbeldon thing though. i thought women's tennis was one of the few women's sports that was sucessful enough for such things not to be needed.

...Because female sports leagues which celebrate achievements in women's athletics are so very popular and are expanding every day, right?

Sports are for entertainment - regardless of the gender. Unfortunately, few people are entertained by female-driven sports (mostly), so other avenues are made and created to earn entertainment dollars.

The real female football leagues are atrocious. Quarterbacks can't complete more than 40% of their passes, and its arguably worse than most high school football teams. Its not marketable. LFL is in a very odd and sad way.

methane47

and the International Olympic Committee argued in the BC Supreme Court that they have the right to exclude women from the Olympics and the Charter's guarantees of women's rights and equality doesn't apply to them. Upon being pressed in court, they said that the same would apply to Black athletes if they wanted to exclude them. This drew gasps from the people in court. But no-one bats an eye when female athletes like in women's ski-jumping aren't allowed merely because they're female. The Supreme Court found that the IOC was indeed discriminating against women and violating their rights and freedoms as guaranteed under the Charter, but ruled that the IOC was perfectly entitled to do so.

I think you were being a bit disingenuous here man.

- You say that IOC argued they have the right to exclude women in the ski Jumping.
The real story is, IOC was not in the court case. VANOC was. And they have no authority to control what sports get included or not.

- You suggest that the ski jumping isn't allowed ONLY because they are women.
The real story is IOC ruled that Women Ski jumping cannot be added because the sport is not very developed for women jumpers as yet. In fact. IOC has a rule that mandates that any sports added after 1991 MUST contain a male and female portion. This has been shown that the Ski Cross sport was Added... DESPITE being less developed than Ski Jumping. The issue here is that Ski Jumping has been part of olympics for years before 1991.

There is no gender discrimination here.

To Recap - You suggest IOC excludes women. But they have shown that they have less developed women sports because of rules set in place in the early 90's (thats 20 years ago). What you are hearing with the women ski jumping thing, is just a couple people that are upset because the sport of their choice isn't included in the games.

IOC cannot have an Olympic game for EVERY Sport under the sun.

Jal

I thought this was just something they did when the Superbowl was on didn't realise there was an actual league.

AAK

What? I've never even heard of this? Are the rules the same? If they get tackled with that shoulder gear on without any protection, aren't the potential injuries fatal?

-Amon-

From the majority of males it must be that way, yes. I guess it's natural, can be ugly but natural.

Women as a whole has some terrible traits when analyzed from a male point of view too.

But in the end, it looks like we stick together quite well, and not from yersteday too.

XenoRaven

I don't know what this even is....

171032660.gif

OH!
That is the fattest ref I have ever seen. I'm sure he's there because of his extensive list of qualifications.

Afrikan

Man i don't know....i'm down to get this game, but i do hope this won't be the decision that put Yukes away for good. I have enjoyed their games for so long now. :(

If you had told me yesterday that someone would make a video game based on the Lingerie Football League license, I would have laughed in your face. But, here we are.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Between the football, the horn sign and the MTV logo, this is the most american gif I have ever seen.

Bwahahaha

A friend of mine posted a promotional image for the game about a week ago -- I immediately assumed it was a Photoshop and ignored it

edit: Holy shit I can't believe this is real -- isn't this sort of dangerous considering the lack of protective gear? And we have a local Seattle team, woo woo

Slayven

Bwahahaha

A friend of mine posted a promotional image for the game about a week ago -- I immediately assumed it was a Photoshop and ignored it

edit: Holy shit I can't believe this is real -- isn't this sort of dangerous considering the lack of protective gear? And we have a local Seattle team, woo woo

It's flag football.

Mitsurux

Partly surprised that EA doesn't already have this liscense as well....

But i also find it strange the Yukes would be creating a game like this, which appears to be regular American Football...

Have they made any traditional sports games before?

Pimpbaa

Will be the the first football game I will buy since mutant league football. Although I would have much preferred another Rumble Roses.

shaowebb

Why in the hell is a THQ company STILL buying new licenses? This is one of the biggest things that hurt them after awhile. Licenses aren't cheap and unlike back on the psx days when such things made them money they've been annually losing more on these sorts of licenses for awhile every year. WWE is one of the few exceptions they got and this isn't exactly WWE-tier licensing with Lingerie Football League. Most of us didn't even know about it existing.

Stop buying licenses THQ, and start being smart with your money. If you wanted a T&A game you could just as easily make one without a license.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well, they were the makers of

So I guess this is the proper sequel. ;)

Ugh. I wish Yukes would go back to also making Eretzvaju (Evil Zone), Soukaigi, and Berserk: Guts Rage style games. There's just so much constant western-licensed stuff from them! If it's gotta be licensed, at least try out an eastern one every once in a while, or something like Eretzvaju, where it nearly was a collection of AIC / General Anime characters in a unique fighter.

I'm happy they seem to have some success, but it'd be nice to actually see them make a game I could be excited for again...

This is so inappropriate it isn't even a little bit sexy just hilarious.

Yeah, "Trying too hard" generally isn't sexy... just desperate and ridiculous.

Top Bottom