• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zampella: TitanFall to support digital Pre-loading

Lucifon

I'm gonna assume this is £49.99 in the UK though...thereby nullifying any urge I have to preorder digitally.

It begins. Pre load unlock times irritate me though. All these Seattle west coast companies ( Micorosft, Valve ) think the rest of the country is in the West Coast too. Why is the unlock time 12:01 PST? It should be 12:01 in whatever time zone you are in. Or just unlock it at 12:01 EST for everyone.

I really don't want to wait till 3am to play this. But I guess no one is forcing me to stay up.

I'm wondering if the $10 rebate from the Microsoft Store is worth it or just say what the hell I am going to be playing this solid for 6 months so get it digitally.

This sways me more towards digital.

Awesome news for us XBO digital purchasers. Is this the first next Gen title to offer pre-ordering/pre-loading? Makes sense to launch this feature with the biggest next Gen title.

Tamanon

Banned
It begins. Pre load unlock times irritate me though. All these Seattle west coast companies ( Micorosft, Valve ) think the rest of the country is in the West Coast too. Why is the unlock time 12:01 PST? It should be 12:01 in whatever time zone you are in. Or just unlock it at 12:01 EST for everyone.

Honestly it'd be smarter to do it by time zone, if only to allow for more staggering of the initial server load.

Let's Pray that it spreads to all games, not just titanfall.

Does PS4 do this? I don't think so atm, If it doesn't finally has something over the PS4 amirite?

no, but you do get preorder bonuses for lots of ps3 and ps4 titles

don't think MS has any preorder Benny's for digital 360 and bone games

B3N1

I'd go digital for this, but I live in a Tier 3 country.

Now, if I buy it from US Market, I'll be able to play on the 11th? That's cool.

I'm only considering digital, because changing discs, when there's the quick switch with voice control really sucks. Not to mention, that this way I could play earlier, without a 2 hour trip of picking up the game.

I'm okay with giving up the option of trading in, as I believe, this is what I'll play for the rest of the year. (or until at least we get some Forza Horizon 2 :p )

see5harp

I'm wondering if the $10 rebate from the Microsoft Store is worth it or just say what the hell I am going to be playing this solid for 6 months so get it digitally.

This sways me more towards digital.

All deals on physical should apply to digital preorders the same. A digital buyer is worth more money to all parties so compensate already.

nillapuddin

Oh come the fuck on, Eastern Time Zone here

this is fucking bullshit

edit

if ms allows pre-loading, and 10 bucks off for digital store purchases

you would need half a brain to buy it elsewhere

All deals on physical should apply to digital preorders the same. A digital buyer is worth more money to all parties so compensate already.

Totally agree on this in fact the incentive should surely be there for digital over physical especially as it is from the Microsoft store itself.

kavanf1

This is great news.

However on a related note, I was surprised to see no mention here of recent comments that MS seem to have stealthily introduced region locking for digital downloads. Does anyone know anything specific about this. Googling error code 0x87de07d1 throws up a small number of results.

levemir

Banned
Oh come the fuck on, Eastern Time Zone here

this is fucking bullshit

You're treating this as bad news? The game will be ready to play when you roll out of bed. If you're dead set on playing at midnight you could go to a store, or stay up late I guess.

I'm tempted, it'd be nice to be dropping titans in that very first wave of players. The excitement in the beta was great to be a part of and the most social I've ever seen Xbox live. Unfortunately i'd have to stay up till 3am so may just go buy physical in case I want to sell it on one day.

Really surprised how small this game is! I guess when you get rid of single player you save a lot of space.

Pre-loading on xbox one? so tempted to do that instead of waiting until about 2pm for my post man to bring the goods on launch day.

Any word on the XBL price? it's going to be £55 isn't it? :(

The Flash

Banned

pastor-jet.gif

Chobel

So it's the first game to support pre-loading in xbox*?

Fixing the upscaler, optimizing the controller and now this, Titanfall is literally making Xbone better.

*X360 and Xbone

What I'm doing. Still shouldn't fucking have to though.

If we buy it from the US store, will we be able to play it on the US release?
Sure , i am going to do the same thing
EU release is 2 days later , I dont want to wait and I save money

REDRZA

Banned

this is why as much as i'd love to go digital, i wont. Full retail price for a game that has no trade in value, cant lend it out to family or friends. So after a month or two when i'm bored and done with it i cant trade it in towards a brand new game. No thanks. I'll stick with physical.

Fixing the upscaler, optimizing the controller and now this, Titanfall is literally making Xbone better.

*X360 and Xbone
How did Titanfall optimize the controller? I'm being honest here, not being a dick... i have no idea but am interested in if the "Titanfall edition" controller is improved in some way?

E92 M3

*X360 and Xbone

I really did feel the controller improve. Was great. Very happy MS is bending over backwards for a core game like Titanfall. Shows they know what sect of gamers they need to prioritize.

How did Titanfall optimize the controller? I'm being honest here, not being a dick... i have no idea but am interested in if the "Titanfall edition" controller is improved in some way?

All controllers received an update in the last patch to make things less twitchy.

The Flash

Banned

It was a software patch to all Xbone controllers. Fixed the dead zone, I think. It came at Respawn's request.

Bsigg12

They had microsoft adjust the deadzones on the sticks in the last update. Yes, the controller has its own firmware.

JaggedSac

*X360 and Xbone

Not surprising. Bungie heavily shaped XBox Live features and functionality.

E92 M3

Not surprising. Bungie heavily shaped XBox Live features and functionality.

And they did a fine damn job! I am hoping Respawn has as much input as possible on the future of the console. I want to see Microsoft go back to it's prime. It'll also keep Sony on their toes.

Thanks all for the responses. That is super cool that they did that. I have very little XB1 hands on time and that was my #1 complaint coming from the DS4 most recently with it's epic analog sticks. So is it really that better? And is this just in Titanfall or was this a system patch affecting other games as well?

Top Bottom