• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zangeki no REGINLEIV Videos.

Yes, I know there was another thread, but it was mixed with Hotel Dusk 2 thread. I think both games deserve their own independent thread for their awesomeness. Right now, we have more Zangeki no REGINLEIV awesomeness from the other thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MkAPpHrYMU

This is footage from the rented demo. Anyone nice enough to youtube these?

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9445354
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9446020
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9446382
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9446551

I don't know. There is an official site, but it's in Japanese. Probably just a short description of them.

This is the game that'll push me to save up for a Wii.

Agnates

Banned
Agnates said:
Hover your cursor over the site's buttons until you find the register button (notice the browser's status bar). Then of the two big buttons pick the one that doesn't say premium. Then input e-mail address, nickname, date of birth, the drop down box is location, the two similar input boxes are password and repeat, and the last is secret question and answer (i put 10 characters there). If you do it all right you'll get a new screen with captcha, then click not the last button but the one before the last, then you'll get a confirmation e-mail, then you can watch the videos. They're cool, though of horrible horrible image quality :D

Edit: Maybe it's just me but these seem to be Sandlot's best visuals and gameplay mechanics yet, though there are still crude bits (like the gigantic pieces of debris or enemies you dismembered just disappearing after a second with no fade effect or anything, it looks jarring), but overall it seems great. Love how the bigger enemies keep fighting even after you've cut a few of their parts off, and all the weapons look engaging, melee and ranged alike, none are just simple point and shoot only (well, some probably will be), they have more functions and specials and things. Sweet :D
For those who wanna watch them and don't know how, that should be simple enough :)

And the official website link, that has good content also, better quality versions of the previous trailers and character cut scenes and cool music!

Jive Turkey said:
Fire Emblem should have done that. :(

I borrowed a Wii a couple of times to play that. There are quite a few more games on the Wii I like to play. I have a PC with a very sweet setup, but I rarely ever use it unless I just want to play some indy games or ROTK. I kept borrowing my friend's Wii for FE, but now with a hefty library, it's time I got one.

Game looks incredible. Also I like how you can have a panned out view rather than behind the shoulder view shown in the trailers.

The gameplay looks pretty fun. Playing this online will be sweet. Just hope Nintendo brings it over.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Bel Marduk said:
Game looks incredible. Also I like how you can have a panned out view rather than behind the shoulder view shown in the trailers.

The gameplay looks pretty fun. Playing this online will be sweet. Just hope Nintendo brings it over.
Hope is all we got.

I fear this will be a Disaster

Also, anyone notice Kazuya Nakai (VA, he voices the dude with the black hair in the trailers) has a lot more roles lately in games and anime? He voices Zoro from One Piece and Hijikata from Gintama btw.

Kyoufu

duckroll said:
Shouldn't it be Midgard Defense Force instead? :p

Yeah, I guess lol. Would be pretty cool if they did name it something like that.

Glad to see they have retained co-op in this game, seeing as how it is the best element of their EDF games.

teeny

Awesome. I am actually very excited for this game, even just because of WM+ usage.

Im not entirely confident that it will get released here, though, what with Nintendo's track record of not localising smaller games.

Well, at least we got Disaster and Another Code. I guess.

Vinci

Danish
Yeah, um... that looks like something that would get boring after an hour or so... not to hate on it or anything. It's neat. You know. Neat.

Surgeon Rocket said:
Hope is all we got.

I fear this will be a Disaster

Reggie probably doesn't even know it exists.

And even if he did, there is no end to the stupid excuses not to release it...like the
framerate...

ivysaur12

Banned
Looks like your typical Sandlot game.

Which means it'll be AWESOME.

EDIT: Except it seems much more story focused. I wonder if they can integrate the framerate issues into the plot somehow.

Agnates

Banned
Someone did put them on youtube. Unless they're different? The first seems to not start as slowly, but that's definitely the same bad quality and tv.
Edit: it's probably the same guy but on a different playthrough. Or whoever added them on YouTube skipped some parts.

trinest

Those videos have accuarly got me interested in the title, though now the question is will it come out in PAL land.

Kyoufu

trinest said:
Those videos have accuarly got me interested in the title, though now the question is will it come out in PAL land.

Well both EDF games on PS2 and EDF3 on 360 saw PAL releases so I'd say there is plenty of hope. Then again I don't know how Nintendo fares with releasing games outside of Japan. I am hopeful.

Prax

Gino said:
I thought the main guy was a female when they first showed him...

Yah.. all that extra lipstick they gave him.. XD

Actually, I'm sure it's because he's an "angel" or some other really androgynous entity for the gods. I kind of notice that he and his gang of valkyries have creepier (more fairy-like? lol) eyes and bird-and-flower themed armour.

Looks interesting, but I kind of want it to be local co-op too...

Wish they had shown the player actually playing the game. I could kind of guess what the Wii Remote motions were, but it would have been nice to actually see them.

Almost looks like a tower defense game without the towers. Or maybe that alien cow snatching game from Majora's Mask. The scale of the battlefield is pretty huge. Kinda like Dynasty Warriors and Oblivion. At least the game doesn't look anywhere near as boring as those two games.

Luigiv

Regulus Tera said:
I thought the redhead was a woman.

Then I heard his voice. D:
Yeah, the Japanese will do that to yah.

Anyway, Consider me hyped. I should probably grab EDF2 whilst I wait for Nintendo to decide what they want to do with this title.

Edit: And bought, New and Sealed Copy of Global Defence force for 12 GBP (including shipping) :D.

Empty

I was sold at the announcement of sandlot as the developer, these sweet videos are just the icing on the cake and game looks pretty fucking awesome.

Crossing fingers (and toes) for a PAL release.

Bel Marduk said:
Also, anyone notice Kazuya Nakai (VA, he voices the dude with the black hair in the trailers) has a lot more roles lately in games and anime? He voices Zoro from One Piece and Hijikata from Gintama btw.

More importantly he's Date Masamune's voice in the Basara games. "Put Ya Guns on!"

Add me to the "Sandlot gets my money" camp. Their games are just fun to play.

I'm sure there'll be a crapload of weapons as usual to slaughter the peons with.

Wonder if we'll get some vehicles/ mounts to freshen things up every now and then?

Maybe a dragon with lock on lazers you need to hold the button down for... hmm....

Top Bottom