• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zeboyd Games announces Cosmic Star Heroine (Suikoden/PhantasyStar-inspired Unity RPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burt

lhjhbB9.gif

Moze

Banned
Been looking forward to this since I found out about it during E3 last year. Day 1 for me when it eventually does come out.

Shifty1897

The only thing that's keeping me from buying Tales of Berseria right now is the hope that this game comes out in the next three weeks.

BigEmil

Buying this day 1 digitally, if this was available physically differently but not with LRG as it's expensive from them to UK especially when you factor in postage costs etc on top I would double dip

Spring 2017. We should be able to announce an official date before too long now. To be more specific, we have a release date planned and when we're sure that it's going to be met, it will be announced.

JPS Kai

Spring 2017. We should be able to announce an official date before too long now. To be more specific, we have a release date planned and when we're sure that it's going to be met, it will be announced.

Hopefully sooner rather than later! I'm looking forward to reviewing this, but I gotta make sure I have the time on my calendar to dedicate first.

opoth

Banned
Oof, guessing I'll be juggling Persona 5 and this at the same time (no, I have no idea what the planned date is). Got that PS4 just in time.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/256460/discussions/0/133256959380633543/

"Hey, just thought I'd let people know that we're entering the rapid-fire build deployment stage of development. What I mean by that is that we're doing a "final" pass of the game where we play through the game to make sure everything is good and as we verify stuff and insert anything that's missing, we'll be uploading the builds for beta backers to play & help test. So we should be uploading new builds that have more content on a daily or every other day basis.

The first such build will probably go up tonight and beyond the content that is already up, has a new town, new dungeon, and a short optional area. Also, includes a playable character that wasn't in the previous build. :)"

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Forgive me if this has been answered, but I've been excited for this game for a while and casually watching its progress. Probably will buy on PS4, but any plans for a Switch version?

Forgive me if this has been answered, but I've been excited for this game for a while and casually watching its progress. Probably will buy on PS4, but any plans for a Switch version?
Here's a post from a few months back:
I haven't been able to get a Switch devkit yet, but maybe? Should be relatively simple from a tech perspective (Switch has Unity support, game runs on the Vita which is far weaker than the Switch), so it's more of a business/logistics issue than anything else.
Based on posts elsewhere, pretty sure he's still without a Switch kit.

Uploading a new build to Steam right now. Will probably go live in 2-4 hours.

We'd like to do a Switch version after the already promised versions are all done & out. I haven't been able to get a devkit from Nintendo yet though.

Brannon

You know, with all this climate change and unusually warm weather and flowers blooming super early, it's basically spring right now. So I'm allowing you to go ahead and release the game right now this instant hurry up c'mon *poke poke*

Nah, take your time.

Heh, accidentally left a debug setting on in the Steam build (one ability does crazy amounts of damage since I was testing enemy death stuff).

EDIT: Patch just went live on Steam.

So I could have sworn I pre-purchased this game through the zeboyd website, but I can't find an email or anything for it. Any idea what the transaction would show up in my PayPal history as?

So I could have sworn I pre-purchased this game through the zeboyd website, but I can't find an email or anything for it. Any idea what the transaction would show up in my PayPal history as?

Currently the only way to buy a preorder is through Humble Store (though we're trying to set up a PSN preorder) so it would be through that.

Malyse

Currently the only way to buy a preorder is through Humble Store (though we're trying to set up a PSN preorder) so it would be through that.

All still quiet on the Nintendo front?
Ima be honest, this is the type of game I'd much rather play on Switch than anything else, assume all things equal.

speaking of that, is it easy to get refunds on humble bundle? I will try to get a retail PS4 version on limited run games! i still keep my PC pre-order in case i'll miss it, buit if i manage to get one copy, i will want to cancel it

All still quiet on the Nintendo front?
Ima be honest, this is the type of game I'd much rather play on Switch than anything else, assume all things equal.

I haven't been able to get a Switch devkit yet so if we ever do a Switch version (and I'm not completely burnt out on the idea by then), it wouldn't be for a while after the game has already come out elsewhere.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't been able to get a Switch devkit yet so if we ever do a Switch version (and I'm not completely burnt out on the idea by then), it wouldn't be for a while after the game has already come out elsewhere.

Has there been any movement on that front or do you expect nothing until after launch?

tebunker

Banned

Who do i need to punch at the big N? I mean I will probably buy on ps4 or Steam but would double dip for portability.

Glad to hear things are wrapping up. Hopefully these last rounds of testing and finishing aren't back breaking and you guys can finally relax for a bit.

jacobeid

Banned
I check the Nintendo devsite periodically, but I'm not expecting to hear anything new until after launch.

I emailed them, they said they'd consider it and then they never responded back. When we announce our release date, I'll contact them again.

Hey Robert I just wanted to chime in and say thank you for how great you've been answering questions in this thread. Can't wait to play (but take your time!)

Gumbie

Forgive me if this has been answered but will the PC version support 3840x2160? Also are there any differences between the PC and PS4 version or are they pretty much identical? Really looking forward to this, preordered the day is came out on Humble Store :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom