• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zeboyd Games announces Cosmic Star Heroine (Suikoden/PhantasyStar-inspired Unity RPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liking it, or not? I'm not digging it. I was hoping for something like the Sanctum logo. I still can't wait for the game.

The actual logo is this:

CSH_logo1_darkbg.png

We specifically modified the logo in that new art to resemble Phantasy Star 2's box art logo.

slash000

Zeboyd Games
The artwork on the last page was an homage, something I made for fun, it's not official CSH artwork or anything.

The logo on that artwork was just referencing Phantasy Star.

The real CSH logo is the one Robert posted at the top of this page.

So no worries.

(Personally I never really liked the Phantasy Star logo all that much either but I love the phantasy star II japanese box art hence the homage I made)

Total brain lapse. I didn't make the connection (I started with PS3 :( )

For the record, I think the actual logo is really really good.

PS3? Oh, you poor thing. I never picked it up until I tried it in the Phantasy Star Collection on GBA, and I couldn't stomach it for more than about 15 minutes. It just seemed like such a step backwards from PS2. Speaking of which, I'm actually working my way through PS2 now, and after 25 years of various failed attempts to beat it over the years I think this is my time. It's the first time I've managed to get past Climatrol, and I'm on Dezo now.

Teletraan1

Banned
PS3? Oh, you poor thing. I never picked it up until I tried it in the Phantasy Star Collection on GBA, and I couldn't stomach it for more than about 15 minutes. It just seemed like such a step backwards from PS2. Speaking of which, I'm actually working my way through PS2 now, and after 25 years of various failed attempts to beat it over the years I think this is my time. It's the first time I've managed to get past Climatrol, and I'm on Dezo now.

The dungeons in that game are so confusing since every direction you go looks just like the last section you were in. Then you get into a random battle and forget which way you were walking and end up backtracking. I completed it as a kid upon release when there was no internet. To this day I have no idea how. I replay PS4 all the time but PS2 I haven't gotten to the end of in forever.

I ended up liking Phantasy Star 3 a lot but you can tell it was made by an entirely different group of people. The generation system is wonderful though and I'd love to play a game that expanded on it.

I usually play through 1, 2 and 4 but skip 3. Occasionally I throw 3 in and have fun but I wouldn't play it 2 or 3 times a year like the others.

mclem

At one point, Dan Hsu and some other Playstation staff members stopped by to see how I was doing. Among other things, he tried to convince me that we should include a Platinum Trophy in the game. That was something I didn't need convincing of so it's official, Cosmic Star Heroine will have a Platinum trophy. :)

Out of interest, what sort of work does that actually require? It struck me the other day that surely it's easiest if Platinum unlocking occurs entirely within the PSN libraries, rather than putting the onus on the game to scan through the player's profile and call a trigger for the platinum if all the existing trophies in the given category are unlocked. The latter strikes me as inelegant, unless I'm missing something. But if it *is* handled entirely within the libraries, I'm not quite sure why developers would need convincing to include a plat!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Release date when?

The interesting thing about Steam's Coming Soon list is that even if a game doesn't have a specific unlock time set, you can still infer a release date/window if you order the search results accordingly. Heroine is currently sandwiched between a game releasing on March 23rd and another releasing on April 4th. Emphasis on "currently" as release dates can be updated at will, plus the change from prerelease/preloadonly -> released isn't automatic (this is why you sometimes see an unreleased game appear in the list of new releases as Steam assumes that it's supposed to be available but someone forgot to flip the switch).

Will this have a "out today!" or something like that kinda trailer?

Fun though it would be to have a surprise release, announcing the game's release date in advance tends to result in more sales and I really want this game to be a huge hit, partially because it'd be nice to not be poor and partially because I have some fun ideas for the next game (I'm thinking post-apocalyptic gothic - think turn-based Castlevania or Bloodborne with a modern twist).

Fun though it would be to have a surprise release, announcing the game's release date in advance tends to result in more sales and I really want this game to be a huge hit, partially because it'd be nice to not be poor and partially because I have some fun ideas for the next game (I'm thinking post-apocalyptic gothic - think turn-based Castlevania or Bloodborne with a modern twist).

Yeah, i'm just going to send you some money now, and you can tell me when this aforementioned turned based Gothic stuff is available.

Because I need that, like, now.

DemWalls

Something I've been wanting to ask for some time, Robert: who's the character designer/artist for this game? Some way I can contact him/her, if possible?

Something I've been wanting to ask for some time, Robert: who's the character designer/artist for this game? Some way I can contact him/her, if possible?

I came up with the original character concepts (personality, gameplay) while Bill Stiernberg fleshed them out and did the actual art design (and all of the art & animation for our games) - he goes by slash000 on NeoGAF.

200w.gif

I will buy all the copies of CSH to make that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom